Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What have you seen recently III

Go down 
+18
Gwonam
Bloodbeast
fazango
Abethedemon
spineshank155
VintageTorrie
Verbatim
Axe
Brute
GuyIncognito
breakyoudown
sarainadream
Taxer666
Darkflame
blackstar
VacuousReality
LOR
Master Cthulhu
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 13778
Joined In : 2009-10-26

What have you seen recently III - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:02 pm

Agreed it is a very good film. I remember watching it with a really homophobic guy and it being the funniest thing ever to watch him writhe uncomfortably. Still not sure what I think of Eaun McGregor....I've seen him be very good in things like Philip Morris and Men Who Stare At Goats...but then there's things like Angels & Demons, Star Wars etc...
Back to top Go down
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13567
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:00 am

watch trainspotting. it takes place in your homeland too
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:17 pm

The AVENGERS this film is sex. Saw it in 3D. Groped at Black Widow's ass EVERY TIME she turned around. Perfect actor for Hulk. Wish Loki had played a bigger role/been more dangerous. 9.5

Into The Void - dafuq did i just watch?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:43 am

Moonrise Kingdom is a fucking masterpiece. Incredible. Topped Donnie Darko in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:50 pm

those are completely different movies though haha. i'll go see it eventually. kinda wanna see ted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 6:34 pm

LOR wrote:
those are completely different movies though haha. i'll go see it eventually. kinda wanna see ted
you're right: apples and orranges, but i prefer moonrise kingdom to donnie darko.
Ted looked ok until Seth Macfarlane started talking. They stole the concept from Supernatural ... badly.

Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 11:26 pm

I saw The Amazing Spiderman a couple of days ago. Eh. I was pretty disappointed considering all the hype. It wasn't baaaaad...but it was pretty underwhelming, I thought. Martin Sheen though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 4:21 am

Darkflame wrote:
I saw The Amazing Spiderman a couple of days ago. Eh. I was pretty disappointed considering all the hype. It wasn't baaaaad...but it was pretty underwhelming, I thought. Martin Sheen though.
Darkflame - you bitch, you! I guess you really are the rookie again, now.

Thanks for the warning.

Just saw Duh Knice Guyses. Way too long. A bit underwhelming and formulaic, but the first half was fun.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:48 pm

anyone see the dark knight yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 5:50 am

i just said i did
EDIT: haha, you have to go back a page to figure out what im talking bout
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 2:23 pm

o i thought that was "the nice guys" or something
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:00 pm

Gravy Gulper wrote:
Darkflame wrote:
Darkflame - you bitch, you! I guess you really are the rookie again, now.

Thanks for the warning.

Just saw Duh Knice Guyses. Way too long. A bit underwhelming and formulaic, but the first half was fun.
It's maybe still worth seeing, there were a few aspects of it that I liked, like how it followed the comics more faithfully, had a much better actor for Spider-man and handled the love interest story arc a lot better than the other films (that wasn't hard though. All Mary Jane did was get kidnapped and scream a bit). It just didn't feel very "epic". The plot was something I'd expect from a banged together video game tie in rather than a movie, and I wasn't a fan of how they handled Dr Connors/Lizard. Still, I think they could do right with the inevitable sequel, I just wish they'd let the rights go back to Marvel so we could get Spiderman in on all this Avengers stuff.

In other news, The Dark Knight Rises is fucking amazing and everyone should go see it. Like, wow. It did not disappoint even with the ridiculous standards set by the last one.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:56 pm

i still need to see that...i keep thinking to myself for some reason "need to save my money for the hobbit" even though thats like 6 months away lolol

THATS HOW MUCH I CARE ABOUT THE HOBBIT
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 12:27 am

I saw a trailer for it when I saw the Dark Knight and nearly wet myself in excitement. Me and my friends are planning on going to a midnight showing in full costume. Just try and stop us.
Back to top Go down
Verbatim
A Good Fellow

Number of posts : 35
Hedonistic Glory : 4352
Joined In : 2012-07-21

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 5:27 am

I saw Insidious. It was okay. I'm not into horror movies, but I was somewhat entertained.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:32 am

just saw dark knight... pretty awesome....pretty awesome... might need to see it again.
Back to top Go down
GuyIncognito
True Gentleman
GuyIncognito

Number of posts : 1151
Hedonistic Glory : 6455
Joined In : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:16 pm

Mystic River
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 12:32 am

just saw hunger games. it was aight. though with technology like that, i dont understand the need for all of the crap. they could be genetically engineering giant potatoes to feed everybody haha. the genetically engineer everything else it seems.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 5:58 pm

The Hunger Games was alright, I was expecting it to be another Twilight, but it was actually pretty enjoyable. Still didn't live up to everyone being all "OMG ITZ AMAZBALLZZZ!!!!1!" but I guess that's just it being a victim of its own hype.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:16 pm

yeah i didn't hate it. i felt that the "Game" portion was a lot less epic and adventurous then I was hoping for. then again, didn't read the book, i was just hoping for something more expansive or something. the next movies might be really good though. i like the premise so far, there's a lot that could happen... if i bothered to look up the plot, I would know for sure, but i dont care enough haha. we'll see. ill probably see the next one
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:31 pm

I've been told the books are a lot better. The apparently toned down a lot of stuff for the film and took a lot of stuff out of the plot. I actually have them on my Kindle since they were on offer for like £2.50, but I haven't got round to reading them yet.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 10:33 pm

...i didn't want to...but maybe i should read them...*sigh*
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:30 am

just saw the other guys again. not bad
Back to top Go down
VintageTorrie
Top Lad
VintageTorrie

Number of posts : 185
Hedonistic Glory : 4547
Joined In : 2012-06-11

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:14 pm

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Not as shit as I thought it was going to be, and the special effects were done pretty well
Back to top Go down
http://emulatorfever.forumotion.co.uk/
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27746
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:53 pm

Don't read the Hunger Games man, its a tween novel, you know how that is going to go
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 3:48 pm

VintageTorrie wrote:
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Not as shit as I thought it was going to be, and the special effects were done pretty well

thats kinda neat, might give it a go for the lulz at the very least

breakyoudown wrote:
Don't read the Hunger Games man, its a tween novel, you know how that is going to go
i was kinda wondering about that, thanks for heads up, probably wont bother
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 1:32 am

End Of Watch - Holy fucking shit, that was a hilariously bad film.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 1:25 pm

Darkflame wrote:
End Of Watch - Holy fucking shit, that was a hilariously bad film.

End of Watch is supposed to be really good

Are you talking about The Watch? Which is actually a piece of shit?
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 1:11 am

Nope. Definitely End Of Watch. It was pretty bad. It was the most ridiculously dudebro movie I've ever seen. It sucked as an action movie and a drama, both of which it seemed to want to be, and had a stupid unnecessary shaky handheld camera thing going.

Also fuck Jake Gylenhal.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 5:24 am

just saw how to a train your dragon. .....it was good. i mean, dont know why i took so long to see it. it has pretty much everything i like, vikings, dragons, slaying dragons, and riding dragons.

on break now, so need to go find an anime to watch for unnecessary amounts of time. thinking fma brotherhood again. or berserk
Back to top Go down
GuyIncognito
True Gentleman
GuyIncognito

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 1:29 pm

I finished watching the entire revamp of the new Doctor Who series, good stuff. Now awaiting the Christmas special
Back to top Go down
spineshank155
A Very Classy Extreme Metalhead
spineshank155

Number of posts : 547
Hedonistic Glory : 5408
Joined In : 2011-03-19

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 3:39 pm

I am in the process of watching CSI and im not sure what's next.. maybe Mcgyver or Burn Notice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/spineshank155
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 6:09 pm

csi sucks. burn notice is aight. just saw ted, actually pretty fucking funny

also saw the hobbit a week ago- awesome as fucking hell. a "bit" much on the cgi, i liked how LOTR wasn't as cgi oriented, at least when it came to orcs and stuff (but i kinda see how that would have been really hard for this movie in some scenes). but it was still ridiculously awesome
Back to top Go down
Abethedemon
God of all Toasters
Abethedemon

Number of posts : 170
Hedonistic Glory : 4552
Joined In : 2012-06-30

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 10:45 pm

The Hobbit.
Great stuff man. Stayed pretty true to the book
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 10:52 pm

Expected more from skyfall
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 1:35 am

i liked skyfall. but i loved the hobbit. i also agree (from what i remember) that it was pretty damn true to the book. its not getting amazing reviews though. but critics suck. im right
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 3:45 am

django was awesome. go see it
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:52 pm

From the criticisms I've seen, most critics went into it expecting another LOTR, which they really shouldn't have. It was something completely different, but it was fucking amazing at what it aimed for. Agreed on the CGI though, I was a little disappointed at the lack of amazingly choreographed fight scenes that were in LOTR, but I didn't mind it after a while. Really excited for the next two now.

Also, I really really need to see Django.
Back to top Go down
GuyIncognito
True Gentleman
GuyIncognito

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 8:14 pm

I saw the first half of Django, got a migraine, then left.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 8:48 pm

django is awesome, go see the rest of it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 11:27 am

Django Unchained. Couldn't quite live up to expectations, but brilliant nonetheless. I feel Waltz is typing himself a little bit with his mannerisms and the careful way he speaks. It made Landa a mesmerizing character, but it put me off Schultz some what.

Silver Linings Playbook. Okay, so I wanted to hate this, but I really couldn't: it was actually rather entertaining, sappy new-it-was-going-to-end-like-that ending not withstanding. Bradley Cooper has regained a little respect from me, though he still has a long way to go to make up for Limitless and the A Team.

The Hobbit. So Jackson takes a rubbish trilogy and turns into film gold. Then he takes a perfectly good novel and turns into dog shit. Go figure.

Zero Dark thirty. While I appreciated the story, I didn't get any sense of tension, which the film was clearly going for. Renner was brilliant in Hurt Locker, making every moment palpable. Jessica Chastain just doesn't have that presence to carry the film.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Burn after Reading- The Coen boys are turning me into a fanboy with every movie I see from them. Strangely not a giant Big Lebowski fan though, was just kind of silly to me
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 5:20 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
Django Unchained. Couldn't quite live up to expectations, but brilliant nonetheless. I feel Waltz is typing himself a little bit with his mannerisms and the careful way he speaks. It made Landa a mesmerizing character, but it put me off Schultz some what.

Silver Linings Playbook. Okay, so I wanted to hate this, but I really couldn't: it was actually rather entertaining, sappy new-it-was-going-to-end-like-that ending not withstanding. Bradley Cooper has regained a little respect from me, though he still has a long way to go to make up for Limitless and the A Team.

The Hobbit. So Jackson takes a rubbish trilogy and turns into film gold. Then he takes a perfectly good novel and turns into dog shit. Go figure.

Zero Dark thirty. While I appreciated the story, I didn't get any sense of tension, which the film was clearly going for. Renner was brilliant in Hurt Locker, making every moment palpable. Jessica Chastain just doesn't have that presence to carry the film.

i understand what your saying about waltz, but fuck, i still thought he was great

didn't see silver linings but read the book...so i have no intention to see silver linings haha

already discussed the hobbit

no interest in zero dark thirty
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 7:03 pm

Call of Duty: Zero Dark Thirty
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:36 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
Burn after Reading- The Coen boys are turning me into a fanboy with every movie I see from them. Strangely not a giant Big Lebowski fan though, was just kind of silly to me
The Big Lebowski is indeed silly and also fucking brilliant.

Saw 12 Angry Men today. Might have actually been one of the best films I've ever seen. Holy shit.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 1:07 am

It's pretty good eh? Hopefully you saw the 50's version
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 2:48 pm

I had no idea there even was another version. Yeah, impressive as hell. I wasn't sure I'd like it, seeing as it's basically the same room and characters for the full hour and a half but it kept me interested all the way through. Gets mega tense towards the end too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 6:16 am

Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters.

You know those movies that you switch off too and just enjoy the action and nonsense? Yeah, this isn't one of those, it still sucks just as much then. Renner might not be the best actor, but he's attached himself to decent movies before, so this came as a bit of a surprise.

Gangster Squad.

Ryan Gosling again proves he is massively overrated. Drive was a case of style over substance, posing as a movie with effortless cool, when in reality it was a bloated piece of egotism from Refn, referencing movies that far exceed it. Well Gangster Squad may be a different director, but it's more of the same. There is nothing here that hasn't been done before, by older (and far superior) films.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 1:40 pm

Dies Irae wrote:

Umm, youre talking about one of the most famous, beautiful trilogies in the history of literature. Yes, the novel was fantastic. But I liked the movie too. Really appreciated the expanded lore he threw in. Like that scene where they showed Thorin fighting the Pale Orc. It was rendered so well. The only parts I didnt like was the goblin King was made too cartoonish and comical. Same with Golem and the Brown Wizard, although to a lesser extent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 3:35 pm

Gravy Gulper wrote:
Dies Irae wrote:

Umm, youre talking about one of the most famous, beautiful trilogies in the history of literature.

No, I'm talking about an overwrought piece of drivel, that has (somewhat bewilderingly) become the undeserved paragon of fantasy literature since, because a select few writers put some damn elves in their novels (oh, how I so fucking despise you Terry Brooks). Hailed for originality though the book surely wouldn't exist without Eric Eddison: the modern world of fantasy actually owes a hell of a lot more to Peake than Tolkien, with his flair for descriptive prose and gritty environs, events and engaging characters. Tolkien fills LotR with so many pages that are just superfluous shit, containing boring landscape descriptions and no story (if you're lucky you may get some elaborate back-story that just slows the pace down or worse still, sidebars that go nowhere). The humor of the Hobbit rears it's head a few times and fails miserably and the writing in general isn't of the greatest quality: I mean the dialogue is just ruddy awful!

Did you see how I ended that last sentence with an exclamation mark? Yeah, every other sentence ends just so in LotR reducing its meaning to the equivalent of jack multiplied by shit.

But the worst thing for me is the characterisation. Stories are borne aloft by the people they involve far more than the events that surround them and Tolkien's characters are so flat. We know one or two things about them, perhaps a motive for what they do and not much else. Where is the depth? How can you relate to a character with one dimension? I felt no empathy for Frodo as he struggled to fight the burden of the ring because I didn't know who he was.

LotR is a fantastic story that is under-served by an average writer. Cut a hundred pages and edit the prose and it might be able to live up to its lofty status: as it is, it falls short by a very long way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What have you seen recently III
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next