Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What have you seen recently III

Go down 
+18
Gwonam
Bloodbeast
fazango
Abethedemon
spineshank155
VintageTorrie
Verbatim
Axe
Brute
GuyIncognito
breakyoudown
sarainadream
Taxer666
Darkflame
blackstar
VacuousReality
LOR
Master Cthulhu
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147489021
Joined In : 2009-08-16

What have you seen recently III Empty
PostSubject: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:27 am

Pineapple Express

Watched it while stoned so ill give it a good 8/10 rating
Back to top Go down
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13567
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:42 am

dude i watched it not stoned and id still give it that. one of the funniest movies ive seen
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 12179
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 10:29 am

Lor is naturally high.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147489021
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 11:01 am

LOR wrote:
dude i watched it not stoned and id still give it that. one of the funniest movies ive seen

my aim is to be the guys dealer. God that would be so cool.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:34 pm

saul was cool as shit
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 14146
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:54 pm

Hobo with a shotgun. Watched it drunk, made total goddamn sense. Great violent movie.

Apollo 18. Amazing cinematography gorgeous movie. I thought it was damn solid.

Cowboys and aliens. Pure win on crazy scifi violence.
Back to top Go down
http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 13778
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 5:50 pm

The Inbetweeners Movie

Probably means absolutely nothing to you foreigners but it's a very popular TV series over here which, unlike most of them, is actually very very good. The movie was even better than the show. One of the funniest films I've seen for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13177
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 5:58 pm

127 Hours

Pretty damn good
Back to top Go down
sarainadream
True Gentleman
sarainadream

Number of posts : 784
Hedonistic Glory : 6163
Joined In : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:26 pm

Toolbox Murders-So bad did not pay attention.

The Decent-I really enjoyed this movie. The all girl cast was pretty kick ass and at times I felt it did not need monsters to be scary; the claustrophobia was enough. Interesting Gollum-like creatures though.

Grandma's Boy-Have not seen this in a few years; forgot Jonah Hill was in it. Stupid cheap laughs of course.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27746
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:37 pm

Paul- It was alright. It had comedians playing noncomedic roles
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 9:54 am

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

It's been a while since I've seen Gary Oldman flex his muscle and actually act, but when he does they're aren't many people who can compare. Nothing OTT, just quietly believeable and very compelling. Amazing film: paced to perfection, with a palpable sense of tension that too many thrillers just don't have.

Best film I've seen in a long time. 10/10.

Last edited by Dies Irae on Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 10:14 am

I've been quite interested in seeing that. It looked like a very good film from the trailers.
Back to top Go down
GuyIncognito
True Gentleman
GuyIncognito

Number of posts : 1151
Hedonistic Glory : 6455
Joined In : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 1:26 pm

The first two and a half seasons of Breaking Bad
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 1:49 pm

The Mexican 6/10
Had good actors, kinda wasted good potential
Back to top Go down
sarainadream
True Gentleman
sarainadream

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 1:51 pm

Mr Jekyll/Mr Hyde 1920-It was silent but well done; he was actually creepy.

Captain America-For some reason I did not care for it. The acting seemed meh to me, same with the action. Had some good parts but not a fan overall.

Horrible Bosses-I laughed alot; sometimes missing other jokes because of it. Highly amusing and worth the watch.

1408-It starts as a suspense-driven thriller, turns into a horror, then gets all inside your head. I have not read the King short story and am not sure how his ends; there is an alternate ending. Cusack is good and it has good scenes but it drags.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 2:00 pm

i thought horrible bosses was just ok. nothing to great to me.

Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 2:07 pm

Burke and Hare
Quite good, a lot of good actors. Simon Pegg, Andy Serkis, Tim Curry, etc
Back to top Go down
GuyIncognito
True Gentleman
GuyIncognito

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 4:46 pm

The last of the third season of Breaking Bad
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 17321
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 4:09 pm

Limitless. That one where he does that really awesome drug and is a genius. Pretty good. Also saw Investment Bureau. both movies were solid and highly reccomended
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 4:54 pm

I HATED Limitless.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:11 pm

you could possibly tell me why, so that we can have a conversation instead of an opinion contest
Back to top Go down
GuyIncognito
True Gentleman
GuyIncognito

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:26 pm

The second season of Mad Men
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 11:23 pm

Brute wrote:
you could possibly tell me why, so that we can have a conversation instead of an opinion contest

that sounded unreasonably hostile lmao
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:09 pm

well.....being nice would have gotten me nowhere: this is the internet.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18450
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:11 pm

Brute wrote:

That's not entirely true.

"You look radiant today, Brute."
That just got me one step closer to homosexuality, which is somewhere I guess. I'm going to take a cold shower now.

Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:23 pm

Brute wrote:

i would have thought a simple "why" would have encouraged more of the conversation you where looking for though.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 6:39 pm

Brute wrote:
Just thought there was absolutely nothing good about it. The plot was my main problem. It was ridiculous and had countless holes and a lot of it was predictable or anti-climactic. And the ending....has to be the WORST ending to a film I've ever seen. No comeuppance for him. No concequences for leading his life like a reckless asshole. Just a "but everything turned out ok in the end kthanxbia" cop out. Also it had a really messed up moral message. Take crazy drugs and your life will be amazing? Really? Maybe I'm looking into it too much but that seemed pretty messed up to me.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:08 pm

When you put it that way, im on your side. I also hate the fact that it was like "lol, drugs work, LULZ". The moral message wasnt bad, but yes, it was all rather told hum-drumly

What i DID like was the cinematography. It was exhilarating. I dont mean the scenes that were all colorful since he was "high", the way it was shot was spectacular. Excellent casting. Great dialogue. "I could feel all the right words bubbling up to my frontal cortex. She didnt stand a chance". I didnt quote that any justice, but it was a great line.

the rest of the people that got on my case for being slightly harsh to darkflame: sheesh. He's a big boi, he can take care of himself. axe, your argument made my head spin with confusion.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:44 pm

i annoy people brute, im just doing my job
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18450
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:07 am

Brute wrote:
When you put it that way, im on your side. I also hate the fact that it was like "lol, drugs work, LULZ". The moral message wasnt bad, but yes, it was all rather told hum-drumly

What i DID like was the cinematography. It was exhilarating. I dont mean the scenes that were all colorful since he was "high", the way it was shot was spectacular. Excellent casting. Great dialogue. "I could feel all the right words bubbling up to my frontal cortex. She didnt stand a chance". I didnt quote that any justice, but it was a great line.

the rest of the people that got on my case for being slightly harsh to darkflame: sheesh. He's a big boi, he can take care of himself. axe, your argument made my head spin with confusion.

Yeah I don't really know. I was drinking last night. Well that would have been two nights ago. (I work third shift so my days are all fucked up)

I think I was trying to show you how being nice to people can get you somewhere, like homosexuality if you compliment a man's looks
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:01 pm

Brute wrote:

I suppose it was well shot, I can't say I noticed the dialogue though. I tend to put much more importance on acting (which was meh I thought), plot etc.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:54 am

Solomon Kane - Meh. Wasn't terrible. It started off pretty bad, but got slightly better towards the end when the actions started to pick up. The acting was very average and pretty laughably overdone at some points, the dialogue was horribly cliched and the plot was a little dumb at times and the special effects were shocking (seriously, that scene with the demon....lulz. It looked like he was being attacked by a giant pixel) but some parts were genuinely quite enjoyable.

Old School - Not much to say about it. It was great dumb fun. One of the few genuinely good Will Ferrel films.

Inception - Wow. What a film. Definitely one of the best I've seen in a while. I was slightly worried I wouldn't follow it because of the old "OMG ITZ 2 CONFUZIN" thing, but really it wasn't that hard to follow once you got your head wrapped around the concept. Quite basically, every aspect of it was done brilliantly.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:56 am

Oh yeah and Lesbian Vampire Killers...pretty bad film but I was watching it with friends and we just ripped it to shreds so it wasn't unenjoyable. What have you seen recently III 403820
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:04 pm

Alien Versus Ninja

THE MOST INTENSE FILM I HAVE EVER SEEN HOLY FUCK 11/10
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:25 am

i dont even need to see it. by the title alone i agree with you taxer
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 10:32 am

Source Code
Good out of yes
Back to top Go down
sarainadream
True Gentleman
sarainadream

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 10:55 am

Captain America-I wanted to like it but I just didn't.

Madhouse-its pretty much a low budget Shutter Island.

Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 12179
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:48 am

I saw Zhenya today.
Back to top Go down
sarainadream
True Gentleman
sarainadream

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 12:38 pm

Tears of the Sun-Most cliche war movie I have ever seen.

Reign of Fire-Good graphics, mildly entertaining

Hunting Party-Surprisingly decent, mix of humour and seriousness

Things to do in Denver when you are dead-It was Pulp Fiction-ish. I quite enjoyed it; great cast

Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 6:32 pm

I watched Pulp Fiction again. One of the few films that just get even better the more you watch it.
Back to top Go down
sarainadream
True Gentleman
sarainadream

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:48 pm

I could always watch Pulp fiction!!

I saw Warrior; the two brothers who fight in the UFC against one another. Despite the sappy cliches it was still good.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 1:26 am

just saw the new sherlock holmes. pretty badass. liked it better than the first one.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 7:03 am

Going the Distance

genericboringromanticcomedyyawn 4/10

However, what made me watch the movie was that one of the supporting actors was Charlie Day of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and he's a fucking comedic genius.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 10:33 pm

The Woman In Black

Pretty great film. Still not all too impressed with Daniel Radcliffe, he's tolerable though and, aside from a fairly slow start, pretty much every other aspect of the film was done very well.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:31 am

WOO HARRY POTTER
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:01 pm

Woman In Black- Cool things happened, don't really get the story completely. Still had a good time. The theater wouldn't stfu
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 3:39 pm

i hate theaters like that haha
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 1:04 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
Woman In Black- Cool things happened, don't really get the story completely. Still had a good time. The theater wouldn't stfu
Weird...mine was like that too. This huge group of 13/14 year olds a few rows behind us kept pissing laughing themselves every time any one of them jumped. They eventually got screamed at by some angry woman which shut them up. Seriously, I don't think there is ANYTHING I find more annoying than noisy cinema crowds.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 2:01 pm

my dad used to get fights with people at noisy cinema (lololol) people
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:45 am

I just got done watching I Love You Phillip Morris and damn it was good film. Amazing performance by Jim Carry and Obi-won Kenobi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What have you seen recently III
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next