Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What have you seen recently III

Go down 
+18
Gwonam
Bloodbeast
fazango
Abethedemon
spineshank155
VintageTorrie
Verbatim
Axe
Brute
GuyIncognito
breakyoudown
sarainadream
Taxer666
Darkflame
blackstar
VacuousReality
LOR
Master Cthulhu
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27758
Joined In : 2008-08-28

What have you seen recently III - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:06 pm

Silver Linings Playbook- Awesome movie, Jennifer Lawrence is pretty damn hot, and won an oscar for a reason. Anything I have to say about the plot wouldn't do it any justice. The movie is slow, but I don't find myself bored with slow movies as I get older.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 13790
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 5:41 pm

Cloud Atlas. Christ on a small bicycle, everyone needs to see that movie now. It's insane. I have no idea how a movie that ambitious got made, let alone attracted so many big names.
Back to top Go down
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13579
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 5:49 pm

i heard it tried to do too much, and had a bunch of plot holes. still interested in seeing it though, it looked neat
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 13790
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 6:01 pm

I didn't think that at all. I've read a lot of criticisms of it and, by the sounds of it, a lot of people just didn't understand what the movie was trying to achieve. It's really not that confusing to keep up with the various plots once you get into it. A lot of people seemed frustrated by the fact none of the plots actually have a lot to do with one another, but that's because it doesn't really have an overarching story. It's much more to do with the parallels in the various stories and its overall message about humanity repeating itself again and again over the ages. There's no big existential revelation like I thought there would be, but you realise towards the end that that's really not what the movie's about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 7:47 pm

Oz the Flaccid and CGI Reliant Fucktard:

I get that Mila Kunis is flavour of the moment, but one would think that the main quality required of an actress is the ability act? Though based on this movie I could level the same criticism at most everyone in this film. Outplayed by a 13 year old girl playing a china doll.

Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13189
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 9:01 pm

The Revenant

Awesome comedy/horror film on zombie vampire things. Recommend it if you're looking for a good fun cheesy movie.
Back to top Go down
GuyIncognito
True Gentleman
GuyIncognito

Number of posts : 1151
Hedonistic Glory : 6467
Joined In : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 9:24 pm

Inglorious Bastards & Django Unchained. Was on a Christoph Waltz kick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 11:21 pm

ThatNaggerGuy wrote:
Inglorious Bastards & Django Unchained. Was on a Christoph Waltz kick
fucking watch The Chronicles of Riddick. Thats too great a sci-fi movie not to watch given that you own it. Im not even a Vin Diesel fan.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 12:02 am

chronicles of riddick was really okay...enjoyable though
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 7:41 pm

Going to watch the 25th Hour again tonight. 3rd favourite Edward Norton movie
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18462
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 3:46 am

The Hobbit
Definitely not as bad as some people made it out to be. I thoroughly enjoyed it, actually. I always love it more than LotR proper, and I thought the film is doing it pretty good justice so far. Besides, the dwarves are just badass.

Also been watching a lot of television, need to get caught up on the Walking Dead, but to be honest it's not as good as it used to be for me. I thought it was much better in the first two seasons.
Spoiler:

The new Game of Thrones starts here in less than 2 weeks, so I'm really stoked for that. I'm in the middle of the third book now, so it will be cool to see how they adapt what i've read. This is the first time I'm ahead of the show, because I started reading after the fact.

Other than that, been watching Star Trek: The Next Generation, Mad Men (which is probably one of the greatest shows on tv right now) and some random things here and there. Also incredibly excited for the Breaking Bad finale. That's one of the few shows where I can say the quality has only increased.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 3:52 am

fuck yes! im still salty that people dont like the hobbit. it was fucking terrific.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:02 pm

I am on the 5th Game of Thrones book. My roommate opened it and read one line in it. It turned out to be a massive spoiler for non-book readers. It was hilarious, what are the chances. He asked me "Dave, is ______ mean that ________?"

And I just smirked and he's like fuuuuuuuuck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:52 pm

Started watching Samurai Champloo again... tis awesome.

Watched Jack the Giant Slayer. Never in the history of the world has the word 'meh' been more appropriate.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 11:47 pm

I wont watch a kids movie unless its Pixar or older Disney or whatever is good basically
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 10:08 pm

The A-Team: Better than I thought it'd be- still wasn't overly happy with the B.A actor. UFA fighter? Get a real actor, fuck

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Rob Ford: Good movie, watching Brad Pitt's face react to things is quality film
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:52 pm

Killing them Softly- It was like a watered down Goodfellas
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 3:18 am

Passion of Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand having lots of sex, interesting movie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 3:25 am

Taxer666 wrote:
Passion of Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand having lots of sex, interesting movie.

Tis a good film. I may be biased because she is my favourite philosopher. Well, maybe tied with Sartre.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 3:26 am

You're retarded if she's your favorite philosopher.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 3:39 am

Maybe you assume I adhere to or identify with objectivism... not the case. I just like the way she thinks. Objectivism is fundamentally flawed, but rational self interest is a concept that intrigues me.

Atlas Shrugged is also a great novel in and of itself.

Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 3:54 am

Atlas Shrugged is a terrible book comprised of nothing more than "intellectual" self masturbation. Rational self interest is so basic and simple that it doesn't warrant anything more than a simple definition. If you want a good philosopher, go read Hume, Kant, Russell, Wittgenstein, Hobbes, Aristotle, Plato, Pyrrho, Hegel, Nietzsche, or pretty much any other important philosopher. Saying that Ayn Rand is your favorite philosopher is like saying Avenged Sevenfold is your favorite heavy metal band, Naruto is your favorite anime, or Little Caesars is your favorite pizza place.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 12:08 am

V/H/S - 8/10

Pretty good unconventional horror movie split into 6 separate stories, worth a go
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 1:21 am

Not it isn't Dave, that movie blows. Just watch Blair Witch Project if you ever want to watch a "recovered lost footage" film.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 9:38 am

I've seen that so many times. Its good to watch classics but also nice to see whats new in the horror realm. Some of the stories were better than the others.

But I was consistently at least a bit scared for most of it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 11:22 am

Taxer666 wrote:
Saying that Ayn Rand is your favorite philosopher is like saying Avenged Sevenfold is your favorite heavy metal band
this.
but i gotta say, Hegel's a loser. All the existentialists hated him.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 11:28 am

I don't agree with Hegel and think he's wrong but he did something new and did it in a smart way. He's quite influential and important in the field of philosophy unlike Rand.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 12:58 am

Been having a James Bond movie marathon with my roommates lately. Pretty legit. We usually watch one every day or two. Just finished up Thunderball tonight
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:24 am

Daniel Craig = Action scenes are unbelievable
Connery = Dialog is way more likable, Craig is almost quiet
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 12:41 pm

I still don't like Craig. Bronson, while not close to being the best Bond, looks most like what I would picture Bond to look like.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 1:18 pm

Pearce- Face of the franchise
Connery- Personality
Craig- ???? Girl with the Dragon Tattoo character
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 2:18 pm

Pretty much
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 2:40 pm

yeah i agree. i actually really liked pearce. but he's totally he face. connery is my fav as he's in more of the movies I guess and he's...sean connery. I also don't think daniel craig is doing the same type of bond the others are doing. He's doing a more human-type bond. Almost close to saying "maybe we shouldn't compare him to the other bonds" because he's doing aw different thing. Timothy Dalton is my least favorite bond. SO FORCED.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 3:14 pm

George Lazenby was the only true James Bond- -Hipsters
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 6:16 pm

I actually don't mind Dalton. Plus he got The Living Daylights by A-Ha for a theme song which is legendary.

Most Bond films are pretty crappy: most have aged poorly, or where shit to begin with. GoldenEye was chill though. I mean Onatopp was just genius.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 6:22 pm

i love most bond films. there's only a few that i thought were just meh. actually enjoy the older ones more for whatever reason- they were more... exotic or something. quantum of solace was also super meh. actually thats probably the only recent bond film i have grudges with. not really a fan of the world is not enough right now either though but that could be becuase its been on tv for the past 5 months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 6:27 pm

Anyone who defends Moonraker needs a lobotomy.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 6:34 pm

dont think ive seen all of moonraker. but i bet ill be okay with it. i dont watch bond films because of how intelligent they are haha.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 1:06 am

Dr. No and Goldfinger are both still amazing to this day. And I actually enjoyed Moonraker. But, i'm a fanboy
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 14158
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 12:58 pm

Saw Django last night. Really fucking hysterical and awesome camera work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.circleofdestruction.net
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 10:41 am

Silent Hill Revelations: Everything was really rushed and underdeveloped. Shannon went from normal life to Silent Hill in like five minutes. No transition from reality to craziness, scare factor was always really low. I liked it because Jon Snow was in it and it was amusing. I really did like seeing Pyramid Head, wish there was more of him. I wonder if the first one is any better. Probably not
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 1:04 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
Silent Hill Revelations: Everything was really rushed and underdeveloped. Shannon went from normal life to Silent Hill in like five minutes. No transition from reality to craziness, scare factor was always really low. I liked it because Jon Snow was in it and it was amusing. I really did like seeing Pyramid Head, wish there was more of him. I wonder if the first one is any better. Probably not

^Saw this last night as well. I enjoyed the first film, this one was fucking abysmal.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Oh yeah the first ones worth seeing? Its all about Rose right looking for young Shannon right?

Yeah this one was kind of amusingly bad. The brethren die if they breathe in the darkness, but nobody else has this problem. I found it kind of hilarious, I mean okay Shannon is immune because shes kind of a demon, Jon Snows immune because he's in the order. Sean Bean is immune because....He's Borimir. So I thought maybe they were just paranoid but it really did kill them. That's just funny.

Spoiler:

I felt like Silent Hill the game did all kinds of work for them and laid out a full movie, but they still couldn't figure out what the hell they wanted to do

It did however make me want to play one of the games, haven't done it yet
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 1:35 pm

The games are good. I'm a big fan of the series myself and this film basically just ripped as many themes and names from the third game as possible without actually using them correctly or putting them together in any way that made sense.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 1:53 pm

I have a PS3 and have access to the original on the PSN and there is a high definition version of 2 and 3 on disc. Four is unattainable.

I wouldn't mind playing Downpour or even Homecoming.

Will probably play the original first
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 1:56 pm

1, 2, and 3 are the best in my opinion. Four was meh. Homecoming was cool.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 2:09 pm

Know of any other good horror games?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 4:49 pm

I haven't played a decent horror game since Resident Evil 4 and that was more action than horror.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 4:56 pm

The other Resident Evil games on Gamecube were pretty good, RE remake and Zero.

Amnesia the Dark Decent was really scary, that'd be my top call after RE4
RE5 was boring and RE6 doesn't look any better.

Condemned Criminal Origins you should check out. Pretty gritty games, most of the bad guys are drug addicts.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 6:19 pm

Chasing Mavericks.

Surprised how much I enjoyed this. Well worth a watch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you seen recently III   What have you seen recently III - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What have you seen recently III
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next