Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Metal?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Metal? Empty
PostSubject: Metal?   Metal? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:18 am

okay...so I listen to alot of different types of music. Mainly at the moment Country music, which I know alot of people HATE but whatever im into it, cowboy boots and all...one genre of music I dont believe I have ever actually listened to is Metal! I know that this used to be a strictly metal music forum, so like everyone on here will be into it...to be honest I think the only reason I havent even attempted to listen to it is because im a bit scared...I kinda thought metal was on the same page as Screamo? Now I dont know if it actually is or not...David told me it wasnt like that so fine. but anyways the point of this post is...

I like to keep an open mind and I was wondering if anyone had some music for me to try out and listen to?
nothing hardcore and scary please or else I might be scarred for life haha
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27758
Joined In : 2008-08-28

Metal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal?   Metal? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 1:04 pm

Calming, energetic, symphonic, everything I'd ask for in a song. Classic.
Back to top Go down

Metal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal?   Metal? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 3:24 pm

I shall have a wee listen when I get home!
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13189
Joined In : 2009-11-24

Metal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal?   Metal? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 4:10 pm

Metal isn't for women, only for the strongest and manliest of men.

Seriously though, you probably won't like the vast majority of it. Your best best is the classics or that which is mixed with other musical genres. If you don't like these, then I've done the best I could.

Back to top Go down

Metal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal?   Metal? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 4:28 pm

Thanks...ill listen when I go home...I probably wont like it, im just curious and wanna have a listen and see what its like lol
Back to top Go down

Metal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal?   Metal? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Okay so I listened to the songs....I like them they are pretty good...now Im not saying its the type of music I would go for and listen to while im hanging out...but I wouldnt ask anyone to turn it off if it was playing :-)
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 4796
Joined In : 2013-04-26

Metal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal?   Metal? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:46 pm

I have the perfect band for just about anybody willing to dip their foot in metal, and I don't believe too many people will disagree. Think Coldplay, just... not as flamboyant.

It's more rock than it is metal, but the album gives a very heavy groove. Perhaps you can graduate from this into some of what Taxer linked, especially Amesouers, Les Discrets...

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8

Metal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal?   Metal? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 11:27 pm

thats not bad you know! I think I will have to listen to it in the day though because im in a mellow mood right now and that just doesnt quite do it for me...but I think its good...I see where youre getting with the coldplay thing hah Cheers for that...all the songs you guys gave me I dont hate ...and they dont scare me...which is probably the best part haha
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 4796
Joined In : 2013-04-26

Metal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal?   Metal? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 11:45 pm

Strange. Junius is fairly mellow music, but to each their own. I'm glad it wasn't grim necrobeard Satan smells canvasflesh from the empyrean blazes of hallowed Grrifmrahndrak III.

Honestly though, country? I'd try to recommend you some folk but country tends to get around in a lot of odd places that I can't quite get behind.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8

Metal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal?   Metal? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 8:49 am

Lol when I'm getting ready to go sleep the only music I will listen to is the most depressing music I have like Adele lmao can only listen to slow jams

Haha oh yeah I'm a country girl! Love it always wanted to have my own farm in Tennessee with a big pick up truck lmao. Country is making a good come back at the moment though its more like country pop now thanks to Taylor swift but a lot if new country stars out there!
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Metal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal?   Metal? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 1:56 pm

I don't know how you can like modern country at all. Taylor Swift is just pop mixed with banjos and fiddles anyway. Personally the only thing remotely close to country that I find palatable is rockabilly and even then that's closer to rock and roll anyway.
Back to top Go down
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13579
Joined In : 2010-05-01

Metal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal?   Metal? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 4:55 pm

god damn it guys, should have left this shit for me.  i maintain the more melodic (and maybe even cheesy for some of you guys- not to me though Razz ) is the stuff to recommend.  kamelot and sonata arctica and devin townshend are the only fucking ways to go haha.  

here i go- i find that non-metal people love devin for some reason so i show him to everyone

because sonata writes catchy fucking songs...or used to, avoid the new album. or not, might be more up your alley maybe cuz its more of a rock album

kamelot was one if the first bands considered to be metal i ever got into. i really like symphonic stuff

this one isn't really a metal song, buts its a metal band.  metal bands aren't all about screaming, i like showing people that. this song can bring the feels. metal is honestly one of the most interesting and emotionally dense genres out there. there is a total misconception in mainstream thought that thinks its all about noise and anger. In reality, metal is one of the most musically in depth (technically intricate- you need to be a good player for the most part) genres out there. In terms of emotional depth, I think it can be second to none (opinion of course but thats what I get from it- people like other genres for the same reason). Metal can do anything in terms of genre bending as well, and thats why there is an overload of metal genres. I think there is something out there for everybody- there is just WAYYYY to many sub-genres that someone can't at least find something they enjoy in this genre.

just to get you started, not gonna flood you with stuff otherwise it might get to intimidating to even start.

Last edited by LOR on Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor

Metal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal?   Metal? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 4:56 pm

Modern country is catchy but I love me some old school too going to see Kenny chesney in August which I cannot wait for!!! I'm going to see Zac brown too I know they are more modern but they are probably my favourite band ! I love Keith urban too I just love all country haha a good willy Nelson could never go a miss either
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Metal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal?   Metal? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 5:02 pm

Country is for Americans only. I don't know what Canadians would listen to. Moose tunes? Mounty jams?
Back to top Go down

Metal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal?   Metal? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Lmao I am way more americn than ill ever be Canadian I have a house in Florida I always spend time in I would move to America in a heart beat if I could....byd is so Canadian its painful haha
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13579
Joined In : 2010-05-01

Metal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal?   Metal? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Country is for Americans only. I don't know what Canadians would listen to. Moose tunes? Mounty jams?

yo thats fucking awesome
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor
Abethedemon
God of all Toasters
Abethedemon

Number of posts : 170
Hedonistic Glory : 4564
Joined In : 2012-06-30

Metal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal?   Metal? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 10:52 pm

I hate to turn this thread into a country music thread, but ever heard of Truckstop?
They're from germany
Back to top Go down

Metal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal?   Metal? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 11:09 pm

Lmao!! Never heard this before...thanks for sharing!!
Back to top Go down
Abethedemon
God of all Toasters
Abethedemon

Number of posts : 170
Hedonistic Glory : 4564
Joined In : 2012-06-30

Metal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal?   Metal? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 12:09 pm

You're welcome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content