Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?

Go down 
+9
link
Bloodbeast
rockrocks
breakyoudown
Axe
Taxer666
Darkflame
VacuousReality
Master Cthulhu
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Is Nightwish metal?
Yes
Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? Vote_lcap43%Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? Vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
No
Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? Vote_lcap21%Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Who gives a fuck?
Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? Vote_lcap36%Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? Vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147489033
Joined In : 2009-08-16

Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? Empty
PostSubject: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 6:04 pm

The debate continues, in non-Fagbook fashion.

Is Nightwish really a metal band?

My answer is a big fat "NO." They are not even close to a metal band.

They have characteristics of metal, sure, but so do bajillions of other bands we wouldn't even dare THINK about calling metal. "Metal" does not simply describe the sound of a band. No, it is much more meaningful than that. This is why metal is so special and different than other forms of music.

So, here I go off on a rant which I've been holding in for a while.

Metal music is the ultimate expression of musical art. In no otehr genre of music can you find such diversity, or such a wide range of subjects and emotions. No other genre of modern music has such a history as metal has had. Every one of us, if we're not a complete metal "n00b," has an idea of what has happened in the past, and likes at least one album from "back in the day." Ask a pop music fan or a "casual" music listener about their favorite album from the 80s. More likely than not, they won't even know one album, and even if they do, it is probably extremely popular.

Metal is not pop music with a 6-month life-span. If an album is groundbreaking, and of course if it gets popular enough for most metal fans to hear it, it will never be forgotten. Such albums include Sabbath's Master of Reality or Judas Priest's Painkiller. Even today, I am still discovering bands from long ago, which never gained an ounce of popularity. Metal is an underground form of music, and the best bands will never be mainstream simply because it is the complete opposite of what corporate douchebags or "clubbers" want to hear.

No other genre has the spirit, the passion, or the dedication to the music as heavy metal fans do. I'm sure for all of us that heavy metal music influences our everyday life, even subconsciously.

Now, this leads me to my next point:

Some bands are metal, some bands are not. Some people just cannot grasp that fact. Lets look at a few things that make a band "metal."

• An attitude of advancement or rebellion.
  • Seeking to find meaning in a world of chaos
  • Advancement in a musical perspective
  • A following in the footsteps of innovators before them, and doing it well.
  • A driving force behind the music, whether it be a beat, a riff, an ambiance, whatever.

Heavy metal doesn't have to include distorted guitars or a drumkit. Metal can include anything, but it has to have that gut feeling of "metal" whan you listen to it. It has to take your mind to another world.

"Joke" or "parody" bands are rarely considered metal in my book, save for a couple of bands who do it sarcastically.

So, Nightwish. Metal or nonmetal? They strike me more as symphonic rock than anything, but they most certainly are not metal. Plus, they are a pointless band who has furthered metal in the wrong direction by calling themselves "power metal" and influencing other bands to do the same, not to mention their music stinks.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 12191
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:00 pm

Going by my sense of what metal is, symphonic rock sounds a lot more appropriate than symphonic metal. At least for what I've heard by Nightwish.

I voted the third option.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 13790
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:01 pm

Rant? Essay is more appropriate. LOL

Not listened to them enough to form an opinion though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:01 pm

Master Cthulhu wrote:

Metal music is the ultimate expression of musical art. In no otehr genre of music can you find such diversity, or such a wide range of subjects and emotions.
Metal is very diverse, but if you sit down and take the time to listen to other genres you will find that they are quite diverse as well. Unwillingly I have sat through my little sisters pop for a few years, and I find that they have the same favorite genre, but that genre has different styles in their genre. Depends.
There are so many different types of metal out there, some you may like, some you may not; some that, a morjority you hate but may find a band or two within very entertaining. (In your case Symphonic/Power metal Nightwish is a no.)

Quote :

Metal is an underground form of music, and the best bands will never be mainstream simply because it is the complete opposite of what corporate douchebags or "clubbers" want to hear.
Untrue, there are plenty of people out there who can enjoy a good hyped band. Like Slipknot and Korn, I personally don't find them to be good, but a ton of other people do. They are in fact metal... Nu Metal. Which, a lot of people don't like but will have to accept, is metal.

Quote :

Some bands are metal, some bands are not. Some people just cannot grasp that fact. Lets look at a few things that make a band "metal."
From what I learned metal is a sub-genre of rock.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_music

Quote :

Heavy metal doesn't have to include distorted guitars or a drumkit. Metal can include anything, but it has to have that gut feeling of "metal" whan you listen to it. It has to take your mind to another world.
Everyone has a different gut feeling for different styles of metal. Different forms of metal have different sounds, sometimes similar or something very very different.

Quote :

"Joke" or "parody" bands are rarely considered metal in my book, save for a couple of bands who do it sarcastically.
Or perhaps their lyrical theme could be a parody of metal?

Quote :

So, Nightwish. Metal or nonmetal? They strike me more as symphonic rock than anything, but they most certainly are not metal. Plus, they are a pointless band who has furthered metal in the wrong direction by calling themselves "power metal" and influencing other bands to do the same, not to mention their music stinks.
Sorry to bust your balls... but... http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=39 && vvvvvvvvvvvv
Senrae wrote:

((Though I do realize that these are alll just opinions. Razz ))
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13189
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:04 pm

Metal? I guess, fuck if I know. Do they suck? Most definitely.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18462
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:06 pm

I mean they are widely regarded as metal. Link says they aren't metal in his attempts to piss me off (for whatever reason), but there really is no basis for saying that they aren't other than "they don't sound good to me"

At least that's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:06 pm

Senrae wrote:
Master Cthulhu wrote:

Metal music is the ultimate expression of musical art. In no otehr genre of music can you find such diversity, or such a wide range of subjects and emotions.
Metal is very diverse, but if you sit down and take the time to listen to other genres you will find that they are quite diverse as well. Unwillingly I have sat through my little sisters pop for a few years, and I find that they have the same favorite genre, but that genre has different styles in their genre. Depends.
There are so many different types of metal out there, some you may like, some you may not; some that, a morjority you hate but may find a band or two within very entertaining. (In your case Symphonic/Power metal Nightwish is a no.)

Quote :

Metal is an underground form of music, and the best bands will never be mainstream simply because it is the complete opposite of what corporate douchebags or "clubbers" want to hear.
Untrue, there are plenty of people out there who can enjoy a good hyped band. Like Slipknot and Korn, I personally don't find them to be good, but a ton of other people do. They are in fact metal... Nu Metal. Which, a lot of people don't like but will have to accept, is metal.

Quote :

Quote :

Everyone has a different gut feeling for different styles of metal. Different forms of metal have different sounds, sometimes similar or something very very different.

Quote :

Or perhaps their lyrical theme could be a parody of metal?

Quote :

Sorry to bust your balls... but... http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=39 && vvvvvvvvvvvv
Senrae wrote:

((Though I do realize that these are alll just opinions. Razz ))

Nu Metal isn't metal because it lacks certain things that metal usually needs, like riffs. Also, I would say metal is a genre in and of itself because all it really ha sin common with rock are the instruments.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:08 pm

I agree, metal has separated itself from rock music. But some Nightwish songs sound less metal than others, but can you honestly say this does not have a heavy metal riff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALpe2uHHLVY&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:09 pm

Metal evolved out of rock, but that doesn't make it a subgenre of it. Rock evolved from blues and African American music, does that make it a subgenre of those?

And I'm sigging that Taxer, I lol'd.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:09 pm

Axe wrote:
I agree, metal has separated itself from rock music. But some Nightwish songs sound less metal than others, but can you honestly say this does not have a heavy metal riff?

Older stuff sounded metal, looked up some newer shit and I was a bit iffy on it.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 12191
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:10 pm

The first 20 seconds of this song have nothing to do with metal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFJIBtqunHY&feature=related

And afterwords there are no riffs to be found.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Their newer stuff is a lot less so. It adds much more gothic elements to the music, and slower tempos. There are still some heavier sounding songs on the newer albums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVYEVYnuuME

I mean, they aren't a heavy band, but you know what I mean. Heavier than some of their songs that barely have any guitars lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:12 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Senrae wrote:

Nu Metal isn't metal because it lacks certain things that metal usually needs, like riffs. Also, I would say metal is a genre in and of itself because all it really ha sin common with rock are the instruments.
Nu-Metal is most certainly metal! Majority of what I heard me thinks is terrible but it's still good. Maybe this lack of rifts is why most metal fans don't like it?
&& I was just saying what I learned... metal being a subgenre of rock from another forum and used wiki as an example. XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:13 pm

A new singer is like a new instrument which has a major effect on how a band can sound. Me no likes new Nightwish. Tarja sounded better.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:14 pm

Tarja sounded infinitely better.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:15 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
The first 20 seconds of this song have nothing to do with metal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFJIBtqunHY&feature=related

And afterwords there are no riffs to be found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_7vFI302Sw

Just because something has blast beats and other shit doesn't make it metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:16 pm

I adore this song but I think that misheard lyrics are funny. XD
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:18 pm

Senrae wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
Senrae wrote:

Nu-Metal is most certainly metal! Majority of what I heard me thinks is terrible but it's still good. Maybe this lack of rifts is why most metal fans don't like it?
&& I was just saying what I learned... metal being a subgenre of rock from another forum and used wiki as an example. XD

Because wikipedia is the ultimate source of information. Besides, nu metal isn't metal due to structural things. Sure you can have some bands that sound more metal, but you have to remember that nu metal is just a blanket term that applies to the rap rock, groove, and other bullshit stuff. Kinda the same way hair metal applied to both Poison and Judas Priest back in the 80s.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:20 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Senrae wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
Senrae wrote:

Because wikipedia is the ultimate source or information. Besides, nu metal isn't metal due to structural things. Sure you can have some bands that sound more metal, but you have to remember that nu metal is just a blanket term that applies to the rap rock, groove, and other bullshit stuff. Kinda the same way hair metal applied to both Poison and Judas Priest back in the 80s.
*cannot find the words to try and prove to you that nu metal is sub-genre of metal* Sad

UFhahfsuiaKNfjahgjkaf ak
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27758
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:30 pm

Its definitely not opera. That's the next thing its close to.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 13790
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:54 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Senrae wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
Senrae wrote:

Because wikipedia is the ultimate source of information. Besides, nu metal isn't metal due to structural things. Sure you can have some bands that sound more metal, but you have to remember that nu metal is just a blanket term that applies to the rap rock, groove, and other bullshit stuff. Kinda the same way hair metal applied to both Poison and Judas Priest back in the 80s.
I'll admit that this is one thing I agree with Taxer on. Nu metal is more hard rock with metal influences than a subgenre of metal.
Back to top Go down
rockrocks
A Scholar
rockrocks

Number of posts : 289
Hedonistic Glory : 5452
Joined In : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:49 pm

I'm with Taxer. To me Nu metal is based on one thing: Terrible, boring riffs and it makes the music lame.

I remember what one man said: It's mind boggling how Nightwish can have some pretty good stuff on some albums, but have boring generic stuff on others. I do think they are metal (at least with some albums: ie Wishmaster and Once).
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:59 pm

Regardless, Nightwish is symphonic/power metal. Nu-metal sucks ass, but I still think it should be considered metal. Regardless of how popularized and generic it is. But you cannot use the argument that it doesn't "sound" like metal, because nothing today sounds like the original metal black sabbath created all those years ago.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:28 pm

Axe wrote:
Regardless, Nightwish is symphonic/power metal. Nu-metal sucks ass, but I still think it should be considered metal. Regardless of how popularized and generic it is. But you cannot use the argument that it doesn't "sound" like metal, because nothing today sounds like the original metal black sabbath created all those years ago.

Sleep and most of stoner metal says hi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymsB9PD7Tto
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:44 am

Lol that kind of music is the only REAL metal, by that argument.
Back to top Go down
rockrocks
A Scholar
rockrocks

Number of posts : 289
Hedonistic Glory : 5452
Joined In : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:39 am

I suppose you're right, good Axe. I'm still not happy about the idea of Nu Metal. I'd rather listen to Manilla Road (which is awesome).
Back to top Go down
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
Bloodbeast

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 7251
Joined In : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:59 am

Blah blah blah!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:22 am

I guess it all comes down to opinion. :B
I loooked it up on wiki and it said subgenre of metal... looked it up other places and it said it's hard-rock... ahnd etcetctetcecTETCET
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:26 pm

Axe wrote:

uh, you basically interpreted my argument the exact opposite as intended.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

Number of posts : 7786
Hedonistic Glory : 12858
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:04 pm

I think I trolled enough. But I say they aren't metal. But really, who cares? Let people who hate them not waste their time on them.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:29 pm

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Axe wrote:

uh, you basically interpreted my argument the exact opposite as intended.

Lol I just meant that if bands aren't metal if they don't have that metal feel, then the only metal bands are doom metal bands. And that is a valid argument.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:32 pm

Axe wrote:
I agree, metal has separated itself from rock music. But some Nightwish songs sound less metal than others, but can you honestly say this does not have a rock riff with basic rock beats over it?

Returning the favor, douchequeer.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:34 pm

Plus, that riff, even if you say it's heavy metal, it's nowhere near, MAYBE glam.
Back to top Go down
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
Bloodbeast

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:37 pm

Fuck Nightwish.

'Nuf said.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:37 pm

link wrote:
Axe wrote:
I agree, metal has separated itself from rock music. But some Nightwish songs sound less metal than others. Can you honestly say that generic tech death bands have more talent or soul than a unique genre inventor? I think not.

Returning the favor, douchequeer.

Right back atcha!
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:38 pm

Bloodbeast wrote:
Fuck Nightwish.

'Nuf said.

You like Cannibal Corpse
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:39 pm

You like Billy Talent

LOLOLOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
Bloodbeast

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:43 pm

Axe wrote:
Bloodbeast wrote:
Fuck Nightwish.

'Nuf said.

You like Cannibal Corpse
And you'd sodomize an Ensiferum CD without the god damn common courtesy of giving it a reach around.
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 14158
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:44 pm

link wrote:
You like Billy Talent

LOLOLOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:45 pm

What's with all the hate for Billy Talent?

And if I could have sex with an Ensiferum CD, I probably would. It provides me with ear sex, so might as well return the favor.
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:47 pm

Whats with the hate for Cannibal Corpse?
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:49 pm

Hey! No fair! I asked you first! lol

idk I don't really care for them. They're okay

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:49 pm

Friendly troll on billy talent bud.

But in truth, Billy Talent is turrible.
Back to top Go down
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
Bloodbeast

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Axe wrote:

And if I could have sex with an Ensiferum CD, I probably would. It provides me with ear sex, so might as well return the favor.
So all those "ear infections" you get is actually because Petri doesn't have the common sense to pull out?
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:51 pm

Bloodbeast wrote:
Axe wrote:

So all those "ear infections" you get is actually because Petri doesn't have the common sense to pull out?

Tell me you like Ensiferum.... this is important. They are supposed to be the one band most everyone can agree on!
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Axe wrote:

Spoiler:

No u! Or something like that lol. I love friendly trolling.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Petri came from norther.

Mad
Back to top Go down
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
Bloodbeast

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:54 pm

Axe wrote:
Bloodbeast wrote:
Axe wrote:

Tell me you like Ensiferum.... this is important. They are supposed to be the one band most everyone can agree on!
I use to enjoy Ensiferum, but all over indulgence and praise and adoration most everyone expresses towards them has left me feeling malice towards them.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:55 pm

blackstar wrote:
Axe wrote:

Spoiler:

No me!

ho ho ho!

Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? Trollf10
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:55 pm

Bloodbeast wrote:
Axe wrote:
Bloodbeast wrote:
Axe wrote:

I use to enjoy Ensiferum, but all over indulgence and praise and adoration most everyone expresses towards them has left me feeling malice towards them.

Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next