Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?

Go down 
+6
Axe
Brute
Shady
ImendiaBurzum
link
blackstar
10 posters

Who is the most " METAL " metal band ?
SLAYER
Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? Vote_lcap38%Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? Vote_rcap
 38% [ 9 ]
METALLICA
Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? Vote_lcap13%Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
MEGADETH
Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? Vote_lcap13%Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
PANTERA
Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? Vote_lcap4%Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
SLIPKNOT
Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? Vote_lcap8%Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
PRONG
Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? Vote_lcap0%Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
ANTHRAX
Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? Vote_lcap4%Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
TESTAMENT
Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? Vote_lcap17%Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
LORDI
Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? Vote_lcap0%Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
SYSTEM OF A DOWN
Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? Vote_lcap3%Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage

Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? Empty
PostSubject: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:50 am

Who's the most metal ?
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 14158
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:04 pm

I've got to say Slayer, Megadeth, Testament, and Anthrax are all pretty metal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.circleofdestruction.net
link
Deliciously Fat
link

Number of posts : 7786
Hedonistic Glory : 12858
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:47 pm

did slayer have a "black album" NO!
i go with slayer
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
ImendiaBurzum

Number of posts : 15462
Hedonistic Glory : 13082
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:01 pm

Slayer all the way man....
Then Pantera...and Thwen MEgadeth..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
Shady
Lightning Rider
Shady

Number of posts : 1372
Hedonistic Glory : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:02 pm

I said Slayer/Metallica
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
ImendiaBurzum

Number of posts : 15462
Hedonistic Glory : 13082

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:31 pm

MEtallica Used to be...Until The black Album...Then It was Mainstream All along
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
Shady
Lightning Rider
Shady

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:34 pm

You can't just say a couple of bad albums can take away from 4 or 5 amazing albums that inspired so many metal bands and I really don't think Death Magnetic was "Mainstream" as we all know James cant do the harsh vocals of old so I think his vocals in the album are pretty good, there are some amazing solos if you listen to the full album, lars was always pretty **** anyway lol, and rob trujillo is the worst bassist they've had so with that in mind its a good album.

(St. Anger was a pile of **** though)
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 17333
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:37 pm

i was soo attracted to metallica. but i must establish that i meant old metallica
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18462
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:40 pm

DAVE MUSTAINE! Metallica's worst mistake was kicking that musical genius out of their band. we might not have had a St. Anger if Mustaine was still with them
Back to top Go down
Shady
Lightning Rider
Shady

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:43 pm

We might not have had a Ride the lightning, a and justice for all, a master of puppets etc either.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:45 pm

yeah. well. i have to agree with that

and he said that he helped greatly with some of the metallica albums. i was never a mustaine fan myself
Back to top Go down
Shady
Lightning Rider
Shady

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:47 pm

All he did was Kill Em All, which was a great album but Kirk is Kirk and Dave could never made One or AJFA or Master, not in his dreams.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:50 pm

I disagree, but that's why we have different music. Mustaine has written plenty of songs that i don't think Kirk could even play
Back to top Go down
Shady
Lightning Rider
Shady

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:52 pm

True, true, I'm talking from a Metallica point of view, also if Dave didnt get kicked and Kirk joined there wouldnt be a Megadeth, and im not a Megadeth hater, I just prefer Metallica. Kirk wouldnt play Hangar 18 etc i'm sure. So Dave leaving was a good thing I think as it helped Metallica and Megadeth was formed. Smile
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 14158
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:16 pm

I think getting kicked out of Metallica was the best thing ever for Dave really. But I'm a big Megadeth fan so. Now granted Master of Puppets is a runner up for the best album ever but on all other counts Megadeth shoves it foot right up Metallicas ass imo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.circleofdestruction.net
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 12191
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:47 pm

I chose Slayer. If I could choose a band that wasn't on the list I would probably go with Sepultura or Judas Priest (for their song Painkiller).
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27758
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:10 pm

Out of that list I think System of a down played the biggest role in my life
I seriously know all the lyrics to almost every song
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:17 pm

Shady wrote:
True, true, I'm talking from a Metallica point of view, also if Dave didnt get kicked and Kirk joined there wouldnt be a Megadeth, and im not a Megadeth hater, I just prefer Metallica. Kirk wouldnt play Hangar 18 etc i'm sure. So Dave leaving was a good thing I think as it helped Metallica and Megadeth was formed. Smile

That's a pretty good thought man. And i know for a fact that there were some Megadeth songs that the members of Metallica would not have played, so that's a fantastic point. +rep
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:18 pm

I do have one question though, why would Slipknot even be on that list, but not Iron Maiden? I'm not trying to put Slipknot down, but they aren't even on the same caliber as the other bands on the list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:44 pm

Slayer ofc
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 1:31 pm

+rep axe. i think slipknot helped music . well idk,. it helped me. it served as yet another path to go down. i had lostened to all the "hard-ish" sonding metal. and slipknot gave it that extra bit of nasty which lead me ( i believe) to listen to some of the darker things i listen to today
Back to top Go down
MincedSquirrel
Top Lad
MincedSquirrel

Number of posts : 145
Hedonistic Glory : 5592
Joined In : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 4:09 pm

Slayer - They released Diabolus in Musica, which confirmed that nu-metal can corrupt a band even as pure as Slayer.
Metallica - Everything beyond 1990 is garbage, as far as I'm concerned.
Megadeth - All that acoustic-y bollocks = *shakes head*
Pantera - Never really were proper metal, even if they were they're **** metal.
Slipknot - Not metal. Shitty anyway.
Prong - More mallcore garbage.
Anthrax - They sold their souls to hip-hop years ago.
Testament - Probably the most metal here, but their last few albums have all sucked harder than the last.
Lordi - They don't even count as metal.
System of a Down - Nu-metal, so in other words, rather shite.

Vote goes for Testament, barely.
Back to top Go down
Shady
Lightning Rider
Shady

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 4:28 pm

MincedSquirrel wrote:
Slayer - They released Diabolus in Musica, which confirmed that nu-metal can corrupt a band even as pure as Slayer.
Testament - Probably the most metal here, but their last few albums have all sucked harder than the last.

Woah woah woah, I wont sit here and let you call SOAD "rather shite" the lyrical content of their songs and music influenced me alot and I think Serj is one of THE best singers in metal, I think Chop Suey is one of THE best songs in metal and I don't think it's fair, and I do respect others opinions usually, to call a great band like SOAD rather shite, im sorry but ... you just can't :S

Also you can't just list some of the best metal bands ever and call them **** too.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 4:47 pm

Atta boy Shady
I would not be a metalhead right now if it wasn't for SOAD
Probably the most balanced chorous based metal bands I have ever heard
All of their songs have a deeper meaning then the silly outside
Back to top Go down
Shady
Lightning Rider
Shady

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 4:49 pm

I dont think you can just label SOAD as **** and say Pantera was **** metal megadeth is bollocks and even hint that slayer are sell outs and still call yourself a metal head, im sorry but that's where I stand.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 5:43 pm

Shady wrote:
MincedSquirrel wrote:

Woah woah woah, I wont sit here and let you call SOAD "rather shite" the lyrical content of their songs and music influenced me alot and I think Serj is one of THE best singers in metal, I think Chop Suey is one of THE best songs in metal and I don't think it's fair, and I do respect others opinions usually, to call a great band like SOAD rather shite, im sorry but ... you just can't :S

Also you can't just list some of the best metal bands ever and call them **** too.

Chop Suey was always my favorite SoaD song. They are metal, but i don't think it stands a chance against most of the other bands on the list.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 5:46 pm

Acoustic songs are great man! just because it's not loud and in your face doesn't mean it's not good man. Even the most hardcore metalheads have a softer side that needs to be let out, but it definitely doesn't make them crap and it sure as hell doesn't make them sellouts. You can't be all metal all the time or you would be fake.
Back to top Go down
MincedSquirrel
Top Lad
MincedSquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 2:13 pm

Shady wrote:
MincedSquirrel wrote:

They're not a fecking metal band. End of. They're just a slightly experimental rock band. Also the lyrical content is bollocks - all the "revolutionary" anti-Iraq and political songs are just SOAD jumping on a fecking bandwagon (the one that Rage Against the Machine invented). I'm a huge fan of acoustic songs, but honestly, there are so many people that do it much, much better.

Also, like I said, most of the bands in that list aren't metal or sold out years ago. The only properly metal bands (at all) are Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Testament (all of which now suck). Also, these aren't "some of the best metal bands ever", they are just some of the msot mainstream ones.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 2:16 pm

i havent seen you like one mainstream band except death minced
Back to top Go down
MincedSquirrel
Top Lad
MincedSquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 2:24 pm

link23417 wrote:
i havent seen you like one mainstream band except death minced

I do like some mainstream bands, I just don't go about defending them so religiously. Honestly, the first 4 Metallica, plus first 4 Megadeth and first 5 Slayer, and first 2 Testaments are all classics.
Back to top Go down
Shady
Lightning Rider
Shady

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 7:21 pm

MincedSquirrel wrote:
Shady wrote:
MincedSquirrel wrote:

They're not a fecking metal band. End of. They're just a slightly experimental rock band. Also the lyrical content is bollocks - all the "revolutionary" anti-Iraq and political songs are just SOAD jumping on a fecking bandwagon (the one that Rage Against the Machine invented). I'm a huge fan of acoustic songs, but honestly, there are so many people that do it much, much better.

Also, like I said, most of the bands in that list aren't metal or sold out years ago. The only properly metal bands (at all) are Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Testament (all of which now suck). Also, these aren't "some of the best metal bands ever", they are just some of the msot mainstream ones.

Whatever man, just try respect the fact that SOAD have influenced alot of people and in my opinion, even if it is only my opinion, are a metal band and a good one at that, you don't necessarily have to agree with on that but "Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Testament (all of which now suck)" WTF? Megadeth still have it and Slayer still have it you don't just suddenly suck you're born metal and you die metal
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 7:42 pm

I actually love SOAD
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:13 pm

i used to be a fan....,but they have become wayyyy too preachy now. i choose to not listen anymore. ever since mesmerize and hypnotize, although they both have an interesting sound
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:38 pm

His solo album has a couple great hits
Daron's solo album is retarded
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:03 pm

"United Abominations" is a fantastic album. End of story.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:27 pm

ive just liked them always
i listen to the preachy crap but idc bout it
Back to top Go down
Ejaffin13
True Gentleman
Ejaffin13

Number of posts : 826
Hedonistic Glory : 5813
Joined In : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:52 pm

yeah but what everyone one is saying is that you're being very critical
what you're said about their new albums sucking or them selling out useless data
what you're saying is that a few bad albums (by the stands of the majority)
can ruin a bands rep and status as a metal band
thats can be compared to saying an entire album sucks because 3 or 4 songs aren't as good
or that an song sucks because 10 or 20 seconds aren't as musically good
were the first 4 metallica, 4 megadeth, 5 slayer, and 2 testament albums metal?
were those bands metal then?
they are still the bands that made those albums regardless of what they've done lately
and even if you want to seperate and judge like you did the question was
who's the most metal metal band? NOT who's the most metal metal band NOW?
i'm not defending religiously, cause to be honest i'm not a fan of slayer or megadeth,
but for this question there isn't really a need to be so critical
Back to top Go down
Ejaffin13
True Gentleman
Ejaffin13

Number of posts : 826
Hedonistic Glory : 5813
Joined In : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:53 pm

that took me so long to type i missed most of the convo lol
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:03 pm

well, i thought it was well put nonetheless
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:11 pm

i concur
Back to top Go down
Shady
Lightning Rider
Shady

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:11 am

Ejaffin13 wrote:
yeah but what everyone one is saying is that you're being very critical
what you're said about their new albums sucking or them selling out useless data
what you're saying is that a few bad albums (by the stands of the majority)
can ruin a bands rep and status as a metal band
thats can be compared to saying an entire album sucks because 3 or 4 songs aren't as good
or that an song sucks because 10 or 20 seconds aren't as musically good
were the first 4 metallica, 4 megadeth, 5 slayer, and 2 testament albums metal?
were those bands metal then?
they are still the bands that made those albums regardless of what they've done lately
and even if you want to seperate and judge like you did the question was
who's the most metal metal band? NOT who's the most metal metal band NOW?
i'm not defending religiously, cause to be honest i'm not a fan of slayer or megadeth,
but for this question there isn't really a need to be so critical

Thanks for finding the words I've been looking for, this is basically the point I was trying to get across that these bands made fantastic albums/songs and a couple of bad ones didn't just stop them being metal, like you said they're still the bands that made the songs/albums that hasn't changed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?   Who's the most " METAL " metal band ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's the most " METAL " metal band ?
Page 1 of 1