Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Official NFL Thread

Go down 
+5
MarshallEMG
Tom_Sawyer
Taxer666
link
Axe
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18449
Joined In : 2009-01-21

The Official NFL Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:55 pm

So, what teams does everyone like? Personally, I'm a huge Packers fan. I'm also a fan of the Vikings, only because Bret Favre has always been one of my favorite players. I'm also a Colts fan because I kinda have to living in Indiana and all. What are your guys' predictions for this season?
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

Number of posts : 7786
Hedonistic Glory : 12845
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:25 pm

Farve is a fucking homofaggot. Fuck that herpes asshole. I am a Steelers fan, they got some major work to do though if they wanna hit playoffs. Packers I think will go to the Superbowl.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:28 pm

I don't think the Steelers will do very well this year, especially with Ben being a dumbass like he is. I agree they need to do some work to get there. They have a chance, they still have a good team. A lot of it is up to Rothlisberger (spelling?)

I agree, I think the Packers are going to be one of the teams to beat this year. Hopefully they can get to the superbowl.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

Number of posts : 7786
Hedonistic Glory : 12845
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:33 pm

I like their backup QB too. But Ben needs to get his act together so we can win some games.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:36 pm

He has the talent he is just a fucktard. Much like how Tom Brady is talented, but he is a girly little piece of shit attention starved pussy.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13176
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:25 am

Foosball is the devil!
Back to top Go down
Tom_Sawyer
Lord 'o Lava Lamps
Tom_Sawyer

Number of posts : 557
Hedonistic Glory : 6223
Joined In : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:30 pm

I like the Broncos...

and the lions kinda, since i live right outside detroit. They got screwed against Chicago and blew it against the Eagles.
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/e_money05
MarshallEMG
True Gentleman
MarshallEMG

Number of posts : 1619
Hedonistic Glory : 7289
Joined In : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:33 pm

Bengals. Lol
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 17320
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:00 pm

i dont watch football....my dad is a huge bears fan, so thats the only team i pay attention to if i hear the scores.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!
ExtremeOverload

Number of posts : 972
Hedonistic Glory : 6395
Joined In : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:07 pm

Dolphins cuz their mascot it a fucking dolphin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:23 am

I watch actual football, you know the one where the ball is controlled by the feet, not this nancy version of rugby.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 3:58 am

tru dat
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:57 am

Dies Irae wrote:
I watch actual football, you know the one where the ball is controlled by the feet, not this nancy version of rugby.

soccer is really gay man. Rugby is cool though. And I don't know why it's called football, but it's much better than soccer. And if you've never played american football i wouldn't make fun of it, it's definitely a much more manly sport than kicking a ball around and getting a foul if you come within two feet of another person
Back to top Go down
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!
ExtremeOverload

Number of posts : 972
Hedonistic Glory : 6395
Joined In : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:07 am

Football. The sport where men can touch men and feel good about it. Fgt.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:46 pm

so we judge manliness upon contact? so WWE is manly?

soccer isnt a sport that claims it's manly. it is an excellent game that hinges upon talent and team skill. football comes down to speed and size. its breeding the best players to do your bidding.
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
ImendiaBurzum

Number of posts : 15462
Hedonistic Glory : 13069
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:51 pm

ohhh shit man they are dissin' soccer?

hahaha

just try playing it...properly and then you can call it whatever you want....

I played Goalie for about 5 years B4 i got into American Football..belive me...its not easy...

imo all sports are manly becasue most of em need great physical conditions, uber thinking and Team Playing....even bowling is manly since you need to fucking kill those gawddamn pines down...

so please stop disrispecting something you dont like if you havent even played it for a decent amount of time.

Peace out
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:59 pm

good point
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147489020
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:00 pm

Soccer is a lot more interesting if only because of the magnitude of the sport, and how it connects the world in terms of athletics.

For American Football I'm a big Green Bay fan but I like the Dolphins as well.
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
ImendiaBurzum

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:00 pm

nee MC
Saints and Vikings are teh bezt!
Real kvltist teams
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 5:44 am

I used to play soccer and it got old. I mean it obviously takes skill but idk there aren't enough elements to make it interesting. Either you are small and quick or you don't play soccer.

Football finds a place for any kind of person. The bigger, stronger guys on the lines and quick players to run and catch. Also more intelligent or strategic players to play quarter back. Plus it has a lot more to do with strategy. It's a much more intelligent game imo because everything is not random. It's separated into precise plays rather than just letting the players go wild like they do in soccer. There is strategy in soccer, but I think there is a ton more in american football.

Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
ImendiaBurzum

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 3:40 pm

Axe wrote:
I used to play soccer and it got old. I mean it obviously takes skill but idk there aren't enough elements to make it interesting. Either you are small and quick or you don't play soccer.

Football finds a place for any kind of person. The bigger, stronger guys on the lines and quick players to run and catch. Also more intelligent or strategic players to play quarter back. Plus it has a lot more to do with strategy. It's a much more intelligent game imo because everything is not random. It's separated into precise plays rather than just letting the players go wild like they do in soccer. There is strategy in soccer, but I think there is a ton more in american football.

you're wrong mate...there is equal strategy on both games...i played bot (actually plaiying football as linebacker) and im telling you soccer is not that simple...you may have played it a couple of months...even a year...but if you dont play it on at least 3rd or 2nd division you will not get the hang of it...i mean..highschool soccer is lame...they are all just trying to kick the ball at any direction as long as the score..i'll gve you that...but when you have an entire tactical crew making the scheme of attack and defense its not that simple...

and for the sizes...

Goalies Have to be Tall
Defenders are the biggest and with a medium altitude.
Centrals are the most balanced players..they are not the quickest...but they are the ones who run 12-19 kilometers per game....Does a quarter back or a Full back runs that much per game?
And the attackers are the smallest and fastest but also the ones thinking were to put the ball....either if they center the ball or make a direct kick...

belive me i love both sports...but i just dont like when someone underrates Soccer... Wink
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 4:09 pm

yah, soccer games, you can run an easy 3-5 miles in a game.
with football, it seems like the brains of the game comes from the qb, or the coach(s). the rest of the players arent playing till the ball is snapped, then they are on. and when the play is over, they stop (for rest and the play is over, i know)
but soccer is ongoing. there are no breaks. it is all on all the time. you think people that play are small? im 5'7" and you would be right that im small, but i run into middlefielders that are easily 6 feet tall and they can keep running, most of the time faster than me. truly an endurance sport.

i played rec for 11 years....and i cant beleive i missed the world cup this summer since i was away
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
ImendiaBurzum

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 4:39 pm

Brute wrote:
yah, soccer games, you can run an easy 3-5 miles in a game.
with football, it seems like the brains of the game comes from the qb, or the coach(s). the rest of the players arent playing till the ball is snapped, then they are on. and when the play is over, they stop (for rest and the play is over, i know)
but soccer is ongoing. there are no breaks. it is all on all the time. you think people that play are small? im 5'7" and you would be right that im small, but i run into middlefielders that are easily 6 feet tall and they can keep running, most of the time faster than me. truly an endurance sport.

i played rec for 11 years....and i cant beleive i missed the world cup this summer since i was away

worldcup sucked.....Spain games were the only interesting games...
you didn't missed something special bro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official NFL Thread   The Official NFL Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official NFL Thread
Page 1 of 1