Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147489021
Joined In : 2009-08-16

The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread Empty
PostSubject: The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread   The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 6:11 pm

I can't f***ing wait.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread   The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 6:15 pm

I on the other hand could wait several lifetimes. RTS games bore me to tears.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread   The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 6:19 pm

They are all I ever play.

ever.

Unless friends are over.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27746
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread   The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 6:19 pm

I have to be in a very specific mood to play the only RTS game i have
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 12179
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread   The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:02 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
I on the other hand could wait several lifetimes. RTS games bore me to tears.

How could you possibly be bored with so many strategies, variations, tactical subtelties, and psychological wars? Not to mention picking up trainees and writing essays on how if they stop building workers for one infinitesimal period of time...bad* things will happen (snip several paragraphs).

As for Starcraft II I don't know if I'll get it. I've kind of retired from Starcraft, at least for the time being. I can still play whenever I want and do fair enough but it takes like a week of active playing to get back in shape and I don't see myself starting that any time soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread   The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 5:21 am

I've always been a firm believer than games should be fun, and RTSs just aren't for me. Sure, they can be deep, but they usually lack the visceral impact of FPSs, the story of RPGs... the tactical element just doesn't do it for me. I mean, I can play Operation Flashpoint 2, and that has all the tactics I need: there aren't many games that portray war as realistically. You just get the thrill of playing a hard shooter at the same time.

TRPGs is as close as I get. Those I can get on board with. Final Fantasy Tactics is one of my favourite games ever.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread   The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 1:39 pm

I think RTS games are the pinnacle of video games. They often have a very deep story, and you can even build a bond with some of the people (Raynor would be a good example).

They are the most involving games, instead of the generic "shoot shoot shoot" games, and to be good you often have to have several things going at once (collecting resources, conserving resources, building an army, and fighting at the same time in Starcraft's case).

They are getting kind of generic, yes, because Halo Wars was one of the first RTS games that I really didn't like, though it could have been good (but wasn't). They need more ideas than advancing through ages in history (Ensemble Studios, anyone?), and more ideas than warfare.

Overall, though, they are awesome games.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread   The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 1:43 pm

For consoles they drag though
I don't dare try Halo Wars
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread   The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 1:45 pm

computer is the only way to go, I agree.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread   The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 1:46 pm

I have this LOTR RTS for 360, and I have to always be holding at least 2 buttons down to do shit
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 14146
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread   The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 2:59 pm

Agreed RTS should be banned on consoles. I'm a pretty rounded gamer so I'm rather fond of most types of games and I'm a big starcraft fan so I'm excited.
Back to top Go down
http://www.circleofdestruction.net
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread   The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 5:22 pm

Dammit we need to meet up on Starcraft and play some games or something.

I'm s]H-Galaxy @ USWest ATM. Someone set a time to play!
Back to top Go down
PIG
A Good Fellow
PIG

Number of posts : 32
Hedonistic Glory : 5404
Joined In : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread   The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:03 pm

I like RTS games, there like chess but fast paced, more complexe... and I always loose
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 14146
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread   The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 8:57 pm

I would need to hunt it down and install it on my laptop so i'll try to remember to do so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.circleofdestruction.net
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread   The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 9:05 pm

PIG wrote:
I like RTS games, there like chess but fast paced, more complexe... and I always loose

Whoa don't get me wrong Starcraft (as an example, because I know a lot about it) has hundreds of strategies and thousands of variations and thousands of tactical subtelties, but it doesn't compare to chess in terms of complexity. That game is just disgustingly complex. Imagine studying your ass off at a game for 10 years and only beginning to get good. That's chess.

blackstar wrote:
I would need to hunt it down and install it on my laptop so i'll try to remember to do so.

Yes! We will play!
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread   The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 9:17 pm

I have a pirate version, so no multiplayer for me. I'm not very good, anyways.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread   The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 9:26 pm

I can teach someone to kick ass on 2v2 blood bath with me really fast. Just be protoss,
8 Pylon
10 Gateway
12 Gateway
Zealot
15 Pylon
Zealot Zealot
Keep those zealots coming and I'll handle the rest.

Of course the timings don't have to be perfect just the general idea is pylon gateway gateway and make zealots zealots zealots. It doesn't have to be like some pristine build like 8 pylon 9 gateway 9 gateway probe probe zealot pylon zealot zealot probe zealot probe zealot pylon etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread   The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The OFFICIAL Starcraft II thread
Page 1 of 1