Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)

Go down 
+8
Darkflame
link
VacuousReality
LOR
Taxer666
Axe
PortraitOfSanity
Master Cthulhu
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13571
Joined In : 2010-05-01

General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:37 pm

Darkflame wrote:
LOR wrote:
sooooo.... non metal discussion yep...
AC/DC are awesome *attempts to try and get topic back on track*

is it "are" or "is"

am bad at grammer
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13181
Joined In : 2009-11-24

General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:40 pm

Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147489025
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:53 pm

Rome is a great band (or project, dunno if it's one guy or many).

I just loooooove 60s psychedelic stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxnvus67YNQ

and of course Pink Floyd, probably my all-time favorite band.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13181
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 7:17 pm

Pink Floyd is ok, though I never got why people love them so much.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 8:29 pm

I just find it ultra relaxing, and the more progressive songs have something new to discover each listen.
Back to top Go down
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
Bloodbeast

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 7243
Joined In : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:42 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Iommi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rhodes
This
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:43 am

Been listening to Russian classical and folk music all night. Really good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 13782
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Pink Floyd is ok, though I never got why people love them so much.
Same.
Back to top Go down
Palpi of Lor
Pure Class
Palpi of Lor

Number of posts : 594
Hedonistic Glory : 5769
Joined In : 2010-05-03
Location : GETTING MY FAT RUBBED BY IB IN THE DEPTHS OF HELL!!

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:52 am

Pink Floyd is worse than okay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 11:15 am

I honestly think I'd be okay without metal... I haven't even been listening to metal much recently apart from checking out some new releases.

Been on a Muse binge of late, perhaps my favourite band at the minute. I've been listening to noise, post-punk and art rock more than anything.

The 80s were just so damn good for music.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:04 pm

I really enjoy

Folk:
Of the Wand and the Moon
Rome
Von Thronstahl

Dark Ambient:
Nebelkorona

Classical/Opera/Soundtrack:
Richard Wagner
Krzysztof Penderecki
John Williams
Nobuo Uematsu
Philip Glass
Clint Mansell
Vitas

Visual Kei:
Malice Mizer
Moi Dix Mois

Can't really think of anyone else... off the top of my head except for:
Susan Boyle
Il Divo
Barry White (omg sexy time music)
Joan Baez
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:05 pm

Anyone else wanna discuss their favorite yodelers?

Mine are Mary Schneider and Franzl Lang
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:09 pm

I'm liking the chocobos...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:10 pm

CHOOCOOOOBOOOOOSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:15 pm

Palpi of Lor wrote:
Pink Floyd is worse than okay.

whats wrong with pink floyd?
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:51 pm

I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with them but I've never got what the big deal is about them.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:28 pm

same. they arent bad though
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 1:17 am

Psh, FOAD guys.

Pink Floyd is just wonderful.

Just sit back, relax, and let the music carry you away.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18454
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 1:18 am

Pink Floyd is amazingly good.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 1:26 am

i have friends that are obssessed with them. i just like them. im not superfan
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27750
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 1:24 pm

I wont lie I only know like 4 Pink Floyd songs, but love em all.
I love grabbing my acoustic guitar and playing Wish you were here and giving people life advice
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 6:46 pm

I learned one of their songs on guitar ages ago but I've completely forgotten the name of it and how to play it. LOL

It was one of their really famous ones I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2