Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)

Go down 
+8
Darkflame
link
VacuousReality
LOR
Taxer666
Axe
PortraitOfSanity
Master Cthulhu
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147489011
Joined In : 2009-08-16

General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) Empty
PostSubject: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:01 am

Been listening to a lot of Hip-Hop and Classical music lately, and lots of punk too.

Discuss.

Last edited by Mista Conthulha on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar
PortraitOfSanity

Number of posts : 2195
Hedonistic Glory : 7894
Joined In : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:07 am

Actually, me too... One of my roommates is a big rap/hip-hop fan, the other's a classical buff.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18440
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:09 am

Rap/Hip-Hop are probably the only genres I have not been able to get into at all. I love classical though, but I don't currently own anything. I usually just do my listening on youtube with that or use turn last.fm onto some cool artist radio like Chopin or Wagner.

I'm really into indie and post-rock, so I listen to those genres a lot too. New Ra Ra Riot album is good, and I've just been getting into Pelican and Russian Circles.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:12 am

Hip Hop is actually really great to relax to if the guy is good, because the flow of his voice and the beat. It's easy to follow along to and it all flows really smoothly together.

Of course, good lyrics are always nice.

Back to top Go down
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar
PortraitOfSanity

Number of posts : 2195
Hedonistic Glory : 7894
Joined In : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:12 am

PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN! PELICAN!

Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13167
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:11 am

I like me some older rap like NWA and the first Wu- Tang album because I enjoy the beats and the samples a lot more than what newer stuff has to offer. Plus sampled drum kit > electronic beats any day of the week. Classical is cool too, mainly listen to Beethoven, though sometimes it can get a bit boring. Also, a huge neo-folk fan of stuff like Death in June, Rome, Of the Wand and Moon, and etc. Into some other small things here and there like EBM and darkwave stuff like Diary of Dreams. Post-rock is all right but I haven't been able to get too into it. Also, flamenco guitar shit is totally awesome.
Back to top Go down
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13557
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:24 am

Mista Conthulha wrote:
Been listening to a lot of Hip-Hop and Classical music lately

ive been listening to alot of grindcore and Celine Dione lately
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:26 am

Yeah I've been listening to Grind a lot too, but I put that under Punk so yeah.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:29 am

Well, some grind is punky and some isn't
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:29 am

ok sweet
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:32 am

I prefer the punky side, but the more death-metaly grind bands are good as well.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 12169
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 3:14 am

I haven't been listening to hardly any non-metal lately. In my last week listens I see Jerry's Kids and The Doors as the only notable things. Jerry's Kids is some hardcore punk, and The Doors is The Doors.

I like a little bit of everything here and there.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:47 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
I like me some older rap like NWA and the first Wu- Tang album because I enjoy the beats and the samples a lot more than what newer stuff has to offer. Plus sampled drum kit > electronic beats any day of the week. Classical is cool too, mainly listen to Beethoven, though sometimes it can get a bit boring. Also, a huge neo-folk fan of stuff like Death in June, Rome, Of the Wand and Moon, and etc. Into some other small things here and there like EBM and darkwave stuff like Diary of Dreams. Post-rock is all right but I haven't been able to get too into it. Also, flamenco guitar shit is totally awesome.

Flamenco guitar playing is the shit. Finger-picking in general sounds badass. Also, I implore you, listen to Vàli. It is my far my favorite neo-folk project. There is only one demo, Forlatt, and it's simply amazing. It's like 30 minutes long so you should get the whole thing. You may have already listened to it but I can't recall you ever really saying about it when I mentioned it before. Really good stuff, I'm excited for another release. Apparently he's signed a five album contract or something so here's hoping.

VacuousReality wrote:
I haven't been listening to hardly any non-metal lately. In my last week listens I see Jerry's Kids and The Doors as the only notable things. Jerry's Kids is some hardcore punk, and The Doors is The Doors.

Glad to hear you're listening to The Doors, and hopefully enjoying it. Really great stuff, and very unique. The other albums have even more styles, making them even harder to classify.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:00 am

Axe wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:

Flamenco guitar playing is the shit. Finger-picking in general sounds badass. Also, I implore you, listen to Vàli. It is my far my favorite neo-folk project. There is only one demo, Forlatt, and it's simply amazing. It's like 30 minutes long so you should get the whole thing. You may have already listened to it but I can't recall you ever really saying about it when I mentioned it before. Really good stuff, I'm excited for another release. Apparently he's signed a five album contract or something so here's hoping.

VacuousReality wrote:

Glad to hear you're listening to The Doors, and hopefully enjoying it. Really great stuff, and very unique. The other albums have even more styles, making them even harder to classify.

Well, I was trained in Flamenco and Classical guitar, so I have always at least enjoyed playing them. And yeah, I already knew of Vali. But uh, lol The Doors.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:00 am

The Doors are good but insanely overrated because Jim Morrison died.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:03 am

Mista Conthulha wrote:

Pretty much this, and it applies to any band that has had someone die young.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:11 am

Taxer666 wrote:
Mista Conthulha wrote:

Pretty much this, and it applies to any band that has had someone die young.

I don't really think they're overrated, but I think some people like them for the wrong reasons. Like what you said. I actually have really been affected by the music, and not just because I sit around and say "OMFG Jim Morrison died so they're teh best band in the world!" I would have eventually got bored with their music if that was the case, but they have been my favorite band for at least 6 years now and I still find their music exciting and touching.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:22 am

randy rhoads died young and i think he is completely underated. one of my favorite guitariasts and also probably one of the most influential in terms of style. he is getting more attention though i think lately which im happy about.

i know it really doesnt apply to the conversation, but i wanted to say something lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:25 am

Randy Rhoads was very influential, and one of the first guitar players to use that style of playing. He is very good, but I think when some people say he is the best shredder or the best guitar player I get annoyed because there are other players who beat him in certain aspects. He is amazing though, and one of my personal favorite guitar players
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:28 am

Axe wrote:
Randy Rhoads was very influential, and one of the first guitar players to use that style of playing. He is very good, but I think when some people say he is the best shredder or the best guitar player I get annoyed because there are other players who beat him in certain aspects. He is amazing though, and one of my personal favorite guitar players

o yeah of course. but he was only 25 when he died!!!! IMAGINE HOW AWESOME HE WOULD HAVE GOT!!!
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:29 am

Rhodes was a boring guitarist and the best thing he did was Mr. Crowly.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:36 am

I have to admit, I like Bark at the Moon better than anything Ozzy did with Rhoads.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

Number of posts : 7786
Hedonistic Glory : 12836
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:37 am

Meh, I think all Ozzy is pretty subpar pre Sabbath days. Listenable, yes, but not anything I am gonna go out of my way to listen to lol.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:44 am

Iommi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rhodes
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:45 am

Taxer666 wrote:

your either a really good troll or really fucking dumb. im sorry. there is nothing better about iommi (though i love him) to rhoads except that he is better at staying alive.

Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:19 am

Let's keep opinions to opinions.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 13768
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 8:51 am

LOR wrote:
randy rhoads died young and i think he is completely underated. one of my favorite guitariasts and also probably one of the most influential in terms of style. he is getting more attention though i think lately which im happy about.

i know it really doesnt apply to the conversation, but i wanted to say something lol Very Happy
Only because Ozzy keeps going on about him. I think he was good but not nearly as good as he's hyped up to be.

Anyway, speaking of overrated dead guys: Kurt Cobain. That's all I need to say. He's the most overrated musician ever.

In terms of what non-metal stuff I've been listening to...AC/DC. Don't you just shit bricks.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:11 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
Let's keep opinions to opinions.

fair enough
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:34 pm

LOR wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:

your either a really good troll or really fucking dumb. im sorry. there is nothing better about iommi (though i love him) to rhoads except that he is better at staying alive.

Wow, you really are a fucking idiot
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:56 pm

Guys keep the opinions to opinions...
Just a little further.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:58 pm

It is my opinion that LOR is a fucking idiot

Just sayin'
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:59 pm

It's your opinion that a lot of people are idiots. That's fair enough, but no need to say it to their face.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:01 pm

Check out what that one guy said about the one card instead. It was hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:06 pm

I just call 'em like I see 'em
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:11 pm

Don't forget I love Bal-Sagoth.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:21 pm

Liking Ballsack Goth isn't as bad as thinking Rhodes is better than Iommi. Iommi was the first metal guitarist and he created some of the most masterfully crafted riffs of all time. Rhodes was just a hard rock shredder that tried to play watered-down metal with a has-been.
Back to top Go down
Kriov
Pure Class
Kriov

Number of posts : 730
Hedonistic Glory : 6002
Joined In : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.scandinavianaggression.com
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:26 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Liking Ballsack Goth isn't as bad as thinking Rhodes is better than Iommi. Iommi was the first metal guitarist and he created some of the most masterfully crafted riffs of all time. Rhodes was just a hard rock shredder that tried to play watered-down metal with a has-been.

Such a terrible name insult, as Bal-Sagoth isn't "gay" or gothic. They are free and magical.

Perhaps so? However no one said Rhodes was better than Iommi...so I don't see why you'd bring it up.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:31 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
LOR wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:

i wont continue the conversation. i agree with VC. i think randy is a better guitarist, you think iommi is. w/e DEAL WITH IT Very Happy

but if you want to prove iommi is a better guitarist, you have to prove it. i dont care though. no need to be so mean... meany Razz
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:35 pm

Taxer666 wrote:

i thought we were arguing who was better at guitar. i wont disagree that iommi greatest some of the greatest riffs of all time but in guitarist sense, i think randy is more skilled. i agree completely that iommi was the first metal guitarist and created some of the greatest music of all time. randy to me was the first neo-classical guy and just seemed to be better at guitar. im not saying hes better creatively. thats stupid. you can never compare those kind of things because everyone has different tastes.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:41 pm

LOR wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
LOR wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:

i wont continue the conversation. i agree with VC. i think randy is a better guitarist, you think iommi is. w/e DEAL WITH IT Very Happy

but if you want to prove iommi is a better guitarist, you have to prove it. i dont care though. no need to be so mean... meany Razz
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with a good debate but everyone has ther own opinion.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:01 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:

Such a terrible name insult, as Bal-Sagoth isn't "gay" or gothic. They are free and magical.

Perhaps so? However no one said Rhodes was better than Iommi...so I don't see why you'd bring it up.

It was just a lame phonteic based insult that I thought was funny.

And um, as far as no one saying Rhodes was better than Iommi

LOR wrote:

LOR wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:

i thought we were arguing who was better at guitar. i wont disagree that iommi greatest some of the greatest riffs of all time but in guitarist sense, i think randy is more skilled. i agree completely that iommi was the first metal guitarist and created some of the greatest music of all time. randy to me was the first neo-classical guy and just seemed to be better at guitar. [ib]m not saying hes better creatively. thats stupid. [/b] you can never compare those kind of things because everyone has different tastes.

Uh, you just said that earlier
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:09 pm

Nothing better =/= worse
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:17 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
Nothing better =/= worse

this. i love tony iommi. i would have gay sex with him if i could (just kidding... :suspect: :suspect: ) i just think randy is more skilled when it comes to actually playing the instrument. that is literally just it. nothing else. if i led on to other things, then im sorry cuz i didnt mean that.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:21 pm

I don't think Rhodes is more skilled than Iommi because uh, Rhodes is dead cheers
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:21 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey-EIg1qu-Y

vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM06TRcFnJE

Both have good moments though Rhodes had some pretty bad ones.

Also, Iommi's band was much more riff-based than Ozzy or Quiet Riot.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:23 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
I don't think Rhodes is more skilled than Iommi because uh, Rhodes is dead cheers

lol. ok. you win
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:24 pm

Indeed MC, Rhodes had the tendency to ruin good riffs with terrible follow-ups (Crazy Train being the biggest example)
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:27 pm

sooooo.... non metal discussion yep...
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:34 pm

LOR wrote:
sooooo.... non metal discussion yep...
AC/DC are awesome *attempts to try and get topic back on track*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)   General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Non-Metal Discussion (The 'look how open minded i am' thread)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next