Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Advice?

Go down 
+3
Axe
Master Cthulhu
Darkflame
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 13783
Joined In : 2009-10-26

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Advice?   Advice? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 2:47 pm

Right, since I've sort of mentioned this in a thread already and I'm having a bit of trouble with it, I thought I may as well ask you guys for some advice.

Here's the story, there's this girl I was really good friends with. Not that long ago we went out for a bit but she finished with me because of some personal things going on in her life. She was upset about something, I never found out exactly what, but she said she had too much going on and it wasn't a good time for her to have a boyfriend.
Anyway, we're good friends again and whatever she was upset about seems to have blown over. Now, I'm thinking about asking her out again but I'm not completely sure if she's OK. And, on top of that, I don't know if she's just happier being friends or not. I'm getting some mixed messages, some hinting that she wants to get back together and some others saying that she just wants to be friends.
I've asked my best mate about this but he's not sure what I should do since he doesn't really know her incredibly well. You guys got any advice?
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147489026
Joined In : 2009-08-16

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 2:52 pm

use Facebook and stalk her for a bit, and then go in for the kill
Back to top Go down

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 2:54 pm

it's all a double edged sword. because on one side she may not want you as her bf, but on the other side she could really have had some issues that she needed to take care of.
try to find out what the problem was when you were together then you might know a bit more
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147489026
Joined In : 2009-08-16

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 3:00 pm

You can try to help her on the problems she is having (counseling, giving advice, etc), and she would hopefully be thankful and realize that you are willing, and can, help her. If she was telling you the truth, and that was the reason she left you, then if you personally fix the problem then she would have no problem going out with you.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 3:03 pm

No, there was definetly something wrong with her. One of my other friends knew what it was but she's not going to tell anyone. I wouldn't want to know anyway, she didn't want to talk to anyone else about it and she is my friend so if she doesn't want me to know then I don't want to know.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18455
Joined In : 2009-01-21

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 3:41 pm

If you have some mutual friends, try talking to them to see if she seems interested. What I would probably do, and I'm no relationship genius as you can plainly see, would be to ask her if you did something to cause her to break up with you. If you can get her to tell you something then I would talk it out with her, then tell her that I am still interested in her.
Back to top Go down

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 3:45 pm

dude my gf and i had a problem. we broke up. actually she dumped my sorry ass and i didn't see it coming by a mile. caught me by surprise to be honest because one day we're all happy and fine and other day she just pushed me out of her life. but hey it happens. then we had another run in and got into a quite a bit of a fight. and now we're together again and this time it's way better mostly because we have gotten over a few things.
see the problems we had were in ourselves and we also tried to save the other one from us. a lot of things were important at that point and a stable relationship was never on any of our lists, but that's what started to happen. now we got that out of the way and looked a bit at our priorities and how wrong we were the first time around.
basically you can't know what to do next if you don't know what was in the past. so now you could go to her and ask if you guys can try again but you can never know if the 2 of you together were the problem in the first place
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 4:32 pm

Hmm, I don't know, I've thought about asking her about it...

We do have quite a few mutual friends so maybe Axe's advice would be better...
Back to top Go down

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:31 pm

Wow, people in M&E have alot of girl problems Razz
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:07 pm

Shin wrote:
Wow, people in M&E have alot of girl problems Razz
It'd be unusual if we didn't. Everyone has problems like this from time to time.
Back to top Go down

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:24 pm

shin when you start having girl problems i'm gonna get worried. for now it's normal
Back to top Go down
Scarstruck
A Good Fellow
Scarstruck

Number of posts : 98
Hedonistic Glory : 5388
Joined In : 2009-12-03

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:20 pm

Personally, if you want her then go for her, just think about whats the worst that could happen? You will be in the same position you are now with her. I would also try and find out what was wrong before i did that but if i couldnt, i would just go for it.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:00 am

Scarstruck wrote:
Personally, if you want her then go for her, just think about whats the worst that could happen? You will be in the same position you are now with her. I would also try and find out what was wrong before i did that but if i couldnt, i would just go for it.
Yeah, thanks, man. I think I'll probaby eventually go for it regardless of whether I find out what was wrong with her. If I do just ask her, I'll eventually try and talk to her about it anyway, because at the end of day, she's still my friend and I want to know if she's alright.
Back to top Go down
Darknessia01
A Scholar
Darknessia01

Number of posts : 289
Hedonistic Glory : 5681
Joined In : 2009-09-20

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:11 pm

if she is Passing for a difficult moment in her life , Support her when she less deserves it.. because is when she most needs
for example im like that girl
and I have a reason for everything i do,
but if you ask me why i did that
i probably cant answer easily..just give her time to clears his mind

Last edited by Darknessia01 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27751
Joined In : 2008-08-28

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:36 pm

I'd say not to, if she shows signs of issues this early, they are bound to eventually return
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 8:17 pm

Right, guys thank you so much for all the advice, it really helped.
I talked to her about and she was honest with me. I found out what was bothering her and she's completely fine with it now.
But, she says that she's happier just being friends with me. Which is a bummer, yeah, but I still want to be her friend so I'm going to take it like a man and move on. If I can't go out with her then I'm happy that we can still be good friends.
My friends are already trying to set me up with someone else. LOL. Man, I love my friends.
Thanks again for all your help, guys. I really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 9:03 pm

Dark94Flame , Be the best friend she can have , The best lovers were once friends .. My x wife / live in girl friend were and are best of friends , When you can talk about anything to someone a trust fourms and you alwas get close . Kim and i were friends 1st , we dated for 2 years , were married for 13 , we split for 4 months and now its like we were never apart .. Just be there , If she is with someone else just be her friend and time will alwas be on your side ..
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:50 am

Thanks, hate. Whatever I do, I would hate to lose her as a friend so if that's all she wants to be then I'm cool with that.
Besides, I kinda like this girl that my friends are trying to set me up with.
Back to top Go down

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:26 pm

Hell yea , If your a great friend your friend will pass that on .. Good luck my friend !
Back to top Go down
QueenOfHate
A Good Fellow
QueenOfHate

Number of posts : 47
Hedonistic Glory : 5489
Joined In : 2009-06-23

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:42 pm

Wow, Good Advice Honey !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content