Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shady
Lightning Rider
Shady

Number of posts : 1372
Hedonistic Glory : 6708
Joined In : 2008-08-30

Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan Empty
PostSubject: Democrats reject Obama''s Guantanamo Bay plan   Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:24 am

"On most issues, congressional Democrats are happy to back President Obama, often in the hope that some of his popularity will rub off on them. But when it comes to the president's plan to close the detention center at Guantanamo Bay, they're not falling in line.

From the beginning of his presidency, Obama made shuttering the prison a priority for his administration. But members of his party on the Hill now seem to be caving to Republican attacks on the issue. On Wednesday, the Senate -- following the example the House had already set -- voted 90-6 to strip funding to close the facility from a war appropriations bill."

90-6? How the **** can you vote to stop the closing of Guantanamo Bay?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan   Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:10 pm

Shady wrote:

The American government needs as many reasons as possible to continue it's regime of world tyranny: if that includes holding suppossed (I'm still waiting for proof or trials) terrorists and keeping GB open, so be it.
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 14147
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan   Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:38 pm

It's the fear effect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.circleofdestruction.net
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27747
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan   Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:44 pm

Oh my god
Serious?
There is no hope for americans
Seriously
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan   Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 1:05 am

Dies Irae wrote:
Shady wrote:

The American government needs as many reasons as possible to continue it's regime of world tyranny: if that includes holding suppossed (I'm still waiting for proof or trials) terrorists and keeping GB open, so be it.
There are " TERRORISTS " at gb , Now if we close it where would you like us to release them ?? How about your back yard ... Works for me ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan   Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 1:07 am

breakyoudown wrote:
Oh my god
Serious?
There is no hope for americans
Seriously
We are as fucked up a place there is but i will still fight and die for her .. We do need change and help ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan   Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 2:44 am

hateyou1st wrote:
Dies Irae wrote:
Shady wrote:

There are " TERRORISTS " at gb , Now if we close it where would you like us to release them ?? How about your back yard ... Works for me ..

Why not your back yard? As America is the world's largest terrorist country, it seems fitting that the terrorists should roam the streets there.
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 14147
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan   Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 1:56 pm

My 10cents. I think GB was a good "idea" but I do agree that it has been abused and ruined beyond repair. In the state it is in now and the image it creates I think it honestly has become a symbol to create terrorism. That's just my opinion though so take it as you will.
Back to top Go down
http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Shady
Lightning Rider
Shady

Number of posts : 1372
Hedonistic Glory : 6708
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan   Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 3:09 pm

Well we (Ireland) have pledged to take a few prisoners if the plan does go ahead to close down Guantanamo, so lets hope other countries do the same and we'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan   Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 12:13 am

Dies Irae wrote:
hateyou1st wrote:
Dies Irae wrote:
Shady wrote:

Why not your back yard? As America is the world's largest terrorist country, it seems fitting that the terrorists should roam the streets there.
I spent 8 years trying to put em in there ..Well trying to put em under ground ..

Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan A02695
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan   Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Democrats reject Obama's Guantanamo Bay plan
Page 1 of 1