Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BYD's Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27758
Joined In : 2008-08-28

BYD's Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay Empty
PostSubject: BYD''s Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay   BYD's Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 3:04 pm

By BYD
Unjust Treatment
Guantanamo bay is a detention facility for criminals of high profile. These detainees are classified as "enemy combatants." President Barack Obama has ordered this centre to be shut down due to its violations of the treatment of its prisoners. The closure of Guantanamo bay is imminent; however the captives deserve compensation. Out of the 250 prisoners, 20 of them will be tried in the states. The others will be tried in other countries. What is so significantly morbid about this prison? Some of the people are completely innocent, and have to be subjected to extreme mental, and physical torture.
Omar Deghayes was only one of the unfortunate victims of Guantanamo Bay’s torture. During his confinement, he was blinded by the over usage of pepper-spray from the guards. Omar was held down and was defenseless to this punishment. Omar Deghayes describes the incident himself as “troops marched into my cellblock 'singing and laughing' before spraying my face with mace and digging their fingers into my eyes as an officer shouted 'More! More.' ...My eye has gone a milky white color ... After all I have been through in my life to save it." Omar had damaged his eye when he was younger. He had tried to protect it throughout his life, only to have it mangled. More often then not, the treatment of the prisoners is not known about from the general public. A specific lieutenant describes Guantanamo as “a safe, humane and professional detention operation”. But Omar’s stay was continuous torment. He witnessed a captive being shot, and many others beaten to death. He dealt with 45 days of a dangerously minimal amount of food. Omar was subjected to electric shocks along with constant death threats. Excrement was smeared on his face and other terrible deeds were forced upon Omar.
The worst part about this cruel story is that Omar is completely innocent. “When war broke out, Omar moved his family to Pakistan, fearing for their safety. There he was arrested and transferred to Bagram, which he describes as reminiscent of a Nazi prison camp.” After being abducted, he was then transferred to Guantanamo bay on a deal with the Americans.
Cases of torment are continuous at Guantanamo Bay. Thankfully, president Barack Obama took the liberty of terminating this facility the moment he was inaugurated. Although the centre is closing, the prisoners should be compensated for what has been afflicted onto them. Even if the entirety of the captives were criminals, their basic human rights were violated. Death threats, torture of all kinds, and the absolute inhuman treatment of the detainees should not go unnoticed. Instead of being shipped to Eastern Europe, the released prisoners should be granted freedom within the United States; along with a budget to begin life anew.

“Everyone in Guantanamo bay was subjected to systematic torture and humiliation.” Omar Deghayes
Guantanamo’s closure is an exceptional start for America to redeem itself. Of course, this does not mean the public should forget about how truly immoral this facility has been. These prisoners will not recover from some of their physical and mental injuries in the rest of their life. Reimbursement will not be able to undo the terrible past. But it will give a positive impression to the world discouraging detention centres from being so aggressive. It is an abomination for freedom to be viewed as a luxury. These prisoners are people too, and deserved to be given a new, better life.
Back to top Go down
Shady
Lightning Rider
Shady

Number of posts : 1372
Hedonistic Glory : 6719
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: BYD's Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay   BYD's Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 6:02 pm

When people talk about Human Rights and how important it is that everyone has them, rich poor, young old, black white, why do these boundaries suddenly stop when it comes to innocent/guilty? These people are just that! "people". Why do we fail to realise this? I'm glad it's being closed, it is an abomination and just a reminder of how mens greed and need for bloodshed violence and punishment is and always will be a reality, if you torture a criminal you are no better than they, and chances are you're probably worse. For example a terrorist kills ten people, he is sent to Guantanamo bay, where thousands are tortured up to the point that death would be a more preferable outcome, the man behind this is worse than any a man inside.

My 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: BYD's Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay   BYD's Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:09 pm

Pretty much dude
I can't believe this has gone on for so long
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18462
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: BYD's Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay   BYD's Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 9:55 pm

I have a completely different opinion on this.... I disagree with the extreme mental/physical torture part, but we NEED a facility to hold dangerous terrorists and suspected terrorists. I think that we need to take precautions to keep this country safe, but we shouldn't torture them like that. The only thing that I have a problem with is the knowledge of the activities that went on. The only news we get about that is what the MEDIA tells us, and we all know that the media can only get partial information, or fabricates some of it. Especially when you get these news stations (I.E CNN, Fox News) that are either right or left wing. They will try to warp the truth to a degree to make their view look better. All I am saying is we have no way of knowing what actually went on there.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: BYD's Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay   BYD's Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:25 pm

As I mentioned in my first post
They will **** up people who have not committed crimes
Omar was sold to Guantanamo, Pakistan paid the states to take him in
He had an injured eye
So they sprayed him with pepper spray and dug them thumb into his eye blinding it after all he went through protecting it
Now why the **** is this humane? I'm all for locking away maniacs but what the **** is this?
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18462
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: BYD's Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay   BYD's Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 12:15 am

I dunno. Sh!t like that sucks ass, but that is just the stuff you know about. The government doesn't tell you about half of it's endeavors. There is no way we can stop corrupt officials from doing that sort of thing. It all comes with the rise to power. You get maniacs in office, they do terrible things. I just hope we can get someone to realize that we need to crack down on terrorism, but in a different way. Not by torturing people who are "suspicious" or random people like that guy. I just want to know why he was arrested in Pakistan anyway....
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: BYD's Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay   BYD's Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:53 pm

Abduction
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

Number of posts : 7786
Hedonistic Glory : 12858
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: BYD's Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay   BYD's Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 10:46 pm

this makes americans seem THAT much more like assholes
which is reasonable
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: BYD's Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay   BYD's Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 10:58 pm

Obama is closing it so that is some + rep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BYD's Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay   BYD's Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BYD's Thoughts On Guantanamo Bay
Page 1 of 1