Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

it is written

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 4779
Joined In : 2013-04-26

it is written Empty
PostSubject: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 12:08 pm

only link can defeat ganon

it is written Gwonam2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 12:16 pm

Dude that was the most epic first post I've seen on this forum. +rep for brass balls. So what are you about and stuff? Music? Profession?
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13172
Joined In : 2009-11-24

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 12:23 pm

Hmmm
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 12:26 pm

what am i into...

lamp oil? rope? bombs? you want it? it's yours, my friend. as long as you have enough rubies.

it is written Ngbbs4b5a214fa4a8f
Back to top Go down
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13562
Joined In : 2010-05-01

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 12:56 pm

welcome to the forum sir! i am lor. i enjoy zelda as well
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27741
Joined In : 2008-08-28

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 8:00 pm

Amusing thread I remember this meme, hopefully you have interest in posting as well my friend
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 1:10 pm

music is a difficult one, in my homeland we prefer blistering raw black metal and lo-fi death metal from the ancient time of 1991! j/k burzum is a joke band, right guys?

honestly though shit like and Lantlôs and Černá are as deep as i can go into metal these days, used to listen to a whole bunch of symphonic black metal growing up like Arcturus and Demon Burger but i guess novelty wears off with age

thanks for the welcome
Back to top Go down

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 4:15 pm

the cat came back. so where do you live and work? and how did you hear bout the site?
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18445
Joined In : 2009-01-21

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:12 am

Gwonam wrote:
music is a difficult one, in my homeland we prefer blistering raw black metal and lo-fi death metal from the ancient time of 1991! j/k burzum is a joke band, right guys?

honestly though shit like and Lantlôs and Černá are as deep as i can go into metal these days, used to listen to a whole bunch of symphonic black metal growing up like Arcturus and Demon Burger but i guess novelty wears off with age

thanks for the welcome

Lantlos is pretty great. You listen to stuff like Les Discrets and Alcest too?
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 10:30 am

you know I like Alcest and everything - i honestly do, but there's a particular element to that strain of metal that's missing something integral, can't put my finger on it

les discrets performs where alcest falls short in my opinion: if it's going to be metal, then it needs to be, you know.. not happy. went through a power metal phase when i was like 14, got over that pretty quick

neige isn't about grim and frostbitten kingdoms anymore, so i guess expecting the typical metal tripe from his music is asking much. still!
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:30 pm

i adore alcest haha. also that power metal phase you speak of is something i never got over....AND NEVER WILL haha. the reason i like alcest is actually because of that nostalgia vibe from them (or happiness). really changes things up for me.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:32 am

it's not even that i hate power metal! it's just a preference of mine to drift towards more grimmer and frostbitten (but not drunkthrone or anything too grim for the sake of it) shit.

stratovarius was great when i was listening to them, albeit a little cheesy. sucks about sonata arctica's guitarist hooking up with strato's vocalist to make some flimsy acoustic record. i expected a whole lot more soul from those guys. perhaps they need to consult dragonforce on how to hit the "extreme power metal" pedal and shred peoples' faces off next time hahah

when it comes to metal though, urban metal like the above mentioned and nature boy metal (Fen, the Morningside) and doom stuff like Saturnus and Daylight Dies are where it's at

i actually found this page on google by accident. seemed cool, so yeah, hi
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:26 am

HI. im actually into fen and that nature boy stuff as well. didn't know about that strato/sonata acoustic thing. properly unconsciously ignored it haha.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 5:25 pm

The departure of Sonata's guitarist was the beginning of the end in my opinion

I've taken a bit of a hiatus from Metal at the time being. I got so deep into black metal that I was listening to songs with the audio quality that would almost be compared to static. Just got to a "what am I doing?" stage and needed to hit the reset button for a few months

Might get back into it reading about it again from you guys
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:55 am

jani was fantastic- no doubt, but elias is completely underrated. he gets way too much hate.

new album blows though...holy crap was that disappointing. i liked days of grays though btw. there are a decent amount of great tracks on that record.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:39 pm

it was called "Blackoustic," which sounds more like a gangsta rap metal version of Bone Thugs and Harmony but i digress - it had appeal if only for the way the songs were stripped down but it was played with such disregard for the originals that the tempo differences make all the difference in the world in presenting those tracks. perhaps if they actually did strato/sonata arctica ballads it would have been appropriate, but just picture black diamond being turned into a faux-love song and you'll know what i mean.

i'd post a link but noobs can't, ah well! yeah i felt that with days of grays they may have been finding themselves among Silence and Ecliptica song writing talent again but there were a few songs that rubbed me wrong, particularly Juliet - we've heard this song before, it was called Mary-Lou and it's also on every goddamn nightwish record arrrghhh

but goddamn is flag in the ground and the truth is out there good songs, can't really deny them. good power metal? uhhhh.... winterborn's debut "Cold Reality" is about as good as it gets imo. go listen to "On the Edge of Eternity" by them, any self-respecting power metal fan will shit a brick

black metal is great shit if you know where to look.the "nature boy" post-black metal shit that seems to be the antagonist of the genre itself is the most promising direction for black metal, because it sheds the caste system of satanism and anti-religious retribution for a more open-ended approach to the genre. some say that this satanism and anti-establishment makes the genre what it is, but I can't get behind that mentality. I'm too old to listen to music that revels in burning churches in the name ov the Satan ov Hell 666 \m/ \m\ derp

rosetta is amazing and if anybody knew about the alcest/katatonia/junius tour that went on not too long ago, junius is to metal what smashing pumpkins were to mainstream rock music, very exasperated and esoteric while keeping themselves effectively metal in the process.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 1:09 pm

I think Blind Guardian and their album Battalions of Fear will be my top Power Metal Album for a long time. I think they are better live, the vocals sound better, natural all the way- he's got a good voice no need to play with it.

Another reason I'm taking a break from Black Metal is the shocking themes. Not always in the mood for it
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 3:14 pm

define "shocking," a lot of it is incredibly tepid

or maybe satan is scary, i don't know hahahha but yeah black metal takes a particular mood, gotta admit
Back to top Go down

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 5:38 pm

I'm a satan-enthusiast, but i never got into the growl-vocals. Junius and Rossetta are good, though. You strike me as a postmetal guy. postmetal and black blur together quite a bit these days with bands like ISIS, right?
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 8:22 am

isis is cool and all but it's not my cup of tea, probably because of the jesu/pelican sycophants licking their heels. sort of like how tool gets a lot of flak due to their fans' increasing ineptitude and obsession; not their fault for making a well-acclaimed, adaptable and accessible record more than it is the fault of fans who misinterpret their every word as gospel

but yeah, post-metal I guess! prog black metal hits home pretty often, too: The Fall of Every Season, Hanging Garden (although they veer more towards doom metal) and their innumerable contemporaries. The Fall of Every Season's recent record is unforgettable, man

the new Rotting Christ album is flawless, can't say I've been a huge fan of theirs in years past but the latest one is solid
Back to top Go down

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:49 pm

I think this forum's the perfect spot for you. What is your avatar?
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13172
Joined In : 2009-11-24

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 12:12 am

It's the ever dubious mustachioed menace Galder
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 12:39 am

Taxer nailed it, it's Galder from Dimmu Borgir. He's been known for general jackassery of towering proportions during tours he participated in, making all sorts of faces - probably fitting the archetype of Dimmu Borgir being a shock rock group more than anything anymore

It just so happened that it came out with an unintended effect: it looks borderline hysterical and, next to Dani Filth, is the laughingstock of mainstream European black metal. I have a soft spot for Demon Burger if only because it reminds me of my youth but never would I prefer their music over another more reputable, talented and ambitious musical collective

He was interviewed once about how he came to adopt the name Galder from his former stage name of Grusom, to which he had this to say to Terrorizer:

"Grusom was for fun, and I don't like fun."

<--

Sure, Galder.
Back to top Go down

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 10:45 am

I think he looks like Quan Chi from Mortal Kombat

it is written Quan_chi_Legacy

btw, anybody here seen Mortal Kombat: Legacy?
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:34 am

Mortal Kombat movies are anathema to film
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 1:06 pm

A few years ago a indie film crew made a MK trailer (wasn't ever going to be a full movie) where the bad guy was Baraka. It's 9 minutes long and it took place in a police station and a guy is getting interviewed and you can't see his face. The police imply that he is a criminal but they are willing to let it slide for his help to take down Baraka. They explain that Baraka was a scientist that went insane with the blade implants and has been going on killing sprees. So naturally they send Johnny Cage after him. Now here they show a solid 4 minute fight scene between them and of course Baraka wins.

Camera comes back to the police station. The guy being interviewed says he's not interested. Then the cops pull out a file saying that if he helps them, they can bring him straight to Sub-Zero. And they ask "What do you say......Scorpion?"

It was fucking awesome, I'll link you if you're interested
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 1:21 pm

I don't see why not, it can't be any worse than the '90s films
Back to top Go down

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 3:12 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
A few years ago a indie film crew made a MK trailer (wasn't ever going to be a full movie) where the bad guy was Baraka. It's 9 minutes long and it took place in a police station and a guy is getting interviewed and you can't see his face. The police imply that he is a criminal but they are willing to let it slide for his help to take down Baraka. They explain that Baraka was a scientist that went insane with the blade implants and has been going on killing sprees. So naturally they send Johnny Cage after him. Now here they show a solid 4 minute fight scene between them and of course Baraka wins.

Camera comes back to the police station. The guy being interviewed says he's not interested. Then the cops pull out a file saying that if he helps them, they can bring him straight to Sub-Zero. And they ask "What do you say......Scorpion?"

It was fucking awesome, I'll link you if you're interested
that was from Mortal Kombat: Legacy. Its a web series and its actually really excellent quality. There was word that the director got a deal with Warner Brothers to do a full budget MK movie his way, but I haven't heard anything since.

this is episode 6. featuring Raiden.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 3:41 pm

i like mortal kombat movies. dont care how crappy they are
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 6:24 pm

Here it is, pure awesome
Back to top Go down

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 5:08 am

Kevin Tancharden directed that trailer after he finished the first season of Mortal Kombat: Legacy. Which i highly recommend to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

it is written Empty
PostSubject: Re: it is written   it is written I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

it is written
Page 1 of 1