Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone play the new Amnesia?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27746
Joined In : 2008-08-28

Anyone play the new Amnesia? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone play the new Amnesia?   Anyone play the new Amnesia? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 9:43 pm

The first one was so damn scary I literally played the full game in the presence of a friend. I'd turn it on alone, then noped out and waited till I had him over. Took like a year to finish it. We'd play it for 30 minutes then watch a comedy to get it out of our system.

I feel like no game can ever mimic the fear from that first instalment.

Now I've read that they took the inventory/combining system out of the second game. I hated the puzzles being overly impossible in the first one. But that was a good quarter of the game, looking for objects and hopelessly guessing wtf to do. Sounds like they made it much easier.

Has anyone played it? Scary? Fun?

Back to top Go down
Despotic Reign
A Good Fellow
Despotic Reign

Number of posts : 60
Hedonistic Glory : 3896
Joined In : 2013-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play the new Amnesia?   Anyone play the new Amnesia? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 7:42 pm

A Machine for Pigs is shit, it has no atmosphere compared to The Dark Descent, it barely qualifies as a horror game.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27746
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play the new Amnesia?   Anyone play the new Amnesia? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 7:46 pm

Despotic Reign wrote:
A Machine for Pigs is shit, it has no atmosphere compared to The Dark Descent, it barely qualifies as a horror game.
That's unfortunate. By the sounds of it - it kind of seemed like it was a mix of Dear Esther.

The trailer seemed scary - are the monsters no longer threatening? Is it not fun?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play the new Amnesia?   Anyone play the new Amnesia? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone play the new Amnesia?
Page 1 of 1