Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Summarize Yourself

Go down 
+13
Kriov
rocknrollchair
Darkflame
Brute
Darknessia01
Taxer666
Pisager
blackstar
breakyoudown
VacuousReality
ImendiaBurzum
TheskyisblueFTW
Axe
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18459
Joined In : 2009-01-21

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:40 pm

Try to summarize yourself in one paragraph. Include interests, traits, ideals, etc.

My name is Jake, and I am a 17 year old who was born in the hellhole called Indiana. Music quickly became one of my primary interests, along with video games. I am a very spiritual and thoughtful person, and I rarely reveal that through actions. Most people would consider me to be loud and obnoxious, or quiet and reserved. I play a few instruments, and am interested in learning more. I am a Christian, and my spirituality comes from that as much as my perception and own thoughts. I am very interested in theology, and when I am alone I often think about it. I love to be with friends, but a lot of the time I prefer to be alone in my solitude. I consider myself a fairly intelligent individual, but I am lazy when it comes to school. I know education is important, but I feel that living life while you can is more important than spending countless hours doing work. One of my favorite quotes is "you only live once", because that basically embodies my thoughts on many issues. We don't have enough time to be bound by needless and pointless activities, we need to make the most of our life and do what makes us happy, whatever that may be (and as long as it isn't murder or something lol). One important thing about me is that few people get to see the real me. That's not to say that I am fake, but my tendency to be quiet about what I feel makes people understand me much less than they do others.

That's basically the idea, it can be shorter or longer, but make it about 1 paragraph in length
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician
TheskyisblueFTW

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 9078
Joined In : 2008-09-23

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:41 pm

I`m a guy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:45 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
ImendiaBurzum

Number of posts : 15462
Hedonistic Glory : 13079
Joined In : 2008-08-30

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:49 pm

Hello im..done..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 12188
Joined In : 2009-02-18

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:53 pm

Axe I love to talk to you. A couple times I felt like I might have made you frustrated and mad though so sorry about that. You have to write essays to me though...I want to hear it. I don't know why but I tend to be pretty curious about other people's thoughts and preferences, and also character and existence.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:56 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
Axe I love to talk to you. A couple times I felt like I might have made you frustrated and mad though so sorry about that. You have to write essays to me though...I want to hear it. I don't know why but I tend to be pretty curious about other people's thoughts and preferences, and also character and existence (as in their actual being interests me).

Not really man. I actually can't think of any time you've pissed me off lol.

And I'm the same way. I know how complex I am and how hard it is to understand myself, so I am naturally interested in other people and the way they think/perceive as well as their general interests. That was essentially the purpose of this thread, but it looks like a massive fail of an idea.

But I love writing, so that's why I do it on the forum. It's nice to know there are some people who are interested in it : )
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27755
Joined In : 2008-08-28

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:57 pm

My name is David, and I always introduce myself as David. But nobody has called me David since before high school. Always Dave, only my sister or very old friends call me David. I've never really had a hobby. I play guitar for 2 months then give up for 4 months usually. I work out very inconsistently as well. I'd say this website is my hobby, the whole idea of running a website and learning from it is grand. I love watching Hockey and playing it. Metal is awesome, I can't stand when people say its terrible. When I first meet people I only really talk about the very first topic that is brought up for a while then I go into almost a constant joking streak at all times. I'm not usually down, but when I am I almost never say anything and can become happy if I have any kind of swell moment. Living in residence in university currently and it is definitely changing me in a good way.
Back to top Go down

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:58 pm

I will play brother .. My name is tony , Im 38 years old . I was born in west virginia , Got my 1st rock /metal album on my 8th birthday ( black sabbath - black sabbath ) . I was big in the 80s punk/metal scene , After i got out of school i joined the U.S.Marines and became a scout / sniper , I played music with bands around the san diego area while in the corp , I also played with people in other states . Got married and devorced , I have one child , A 3 year old girl ( lexi ). I tryed to get back in the corp and blowed out my knee . Just had a birthday and GODDAMN I FEEL OLD !
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:03 pm

Thanks guys, I like reading about people.
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician
TheskyisblueFTW

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:15 am

I steal things, 'cause I'm a teenager gone wrong!
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 14155
Joined In : 2009-03-10

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:23 am

TheskyisblueFTW wrote:

I'm officially using that in a song mate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Pisager
Top Lad
Pisager

Number of posts : 109
Hedonistic Glory : 5486
Joined In : 2009-09-10

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:18 am

+1 rep Axe, nice topic.

My name is Tyson, I am 18, and live in central texas. Biggest sucky thing about me is that I can't drive. I am in my senior year of high school, work 40 hours a week, and babysit 6 nights a week, so am very busy and unable to do all the things I used to love, like play Dungeons and dragons, read constantly, play paintball, etc.
A social life is something I aquired a little over a year ago when I got a job, and I'm still loving it way too much (sad when work is the highlght of my week). I got into metal from my brother who was way into glam in high school, so I knew all about ratt, motley crue, GnR, Dokken, etc from way young. Right now, my life sucks. I keep going because I know each day that goes by brings me closer to the day I won't have school, or babysitting, then I can spread my wings and live. Until then, I just try to keep up with what all's going on and fight off depression (successfully too, no bad urges in almost a year Smile ). Any more, just ask.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13186
Joined In : 2009-11-24

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:34 am

dfghdfghgfhvbj

My name is Raul, I am 18 and currently attending school in California. I am extremely liberal and stuff. As you can tell from my name I am of Hispanic decent. I got into metal when I was like... 12? idk. I've been playing guitar for a few years now, started off with classical guitar and later picked up TEH MUTLZ!! Um, I'm usually easy and fun to talk to I think and fairly empathetic. A bit of an elitist I guess when it comes to music, but that's because I want the best of the best. That being said I am pretty much open to every music genre. I'm a major procrastinator (that's why I'm doing this instead of homework). Although some people don't believe it/notice right away, I am indeed gay. That being said, there needs to be more openly gay people in metal. All I know of are Rob Halford and Gaahl. And yeah...

...Satan *sips wine*
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician
TheskyisblueFTW

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:03 am

blackstar wrote:
TheskyisblueFTW wrote:

I'm officially using that in a song mate.

you can't its my life
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:04 am

I'll reference you as a source.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:36 am

I've been to 10ish countries
I hate traveling
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician
TheskyisblueFTW

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:45 am

blackstar wrote:
I'll reference you as a source.

and thats all I ask

breakyoudown wrote:
I've been to 10ish countries
I hate traveling

at first I thought wow, then realized thats not that many more then I've been to
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:50 am

Canada
USA
Mexico
Austria
Australia
Belgium
Germany
Italy
France
Slovenia

Where I've been
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:51 am

I've been to 1 unless you count Kentucky as its own country.
Back to top Go down

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:56 am

USA
Mexico
Germany
France
Iraq
Africa
Iran
egypt
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:59 am

USA
Mexico
BLASHYRKH!!!
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician
TheskyisblueFTW

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:20 am

Canada, the US, Italy, Germany, Philippines, Korea, and Quebec because they want to be their own country so damn much
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:31 am

I've been to Quebec too
I should scratch off France
A white flag factory isn't really a country
Back to top Go down

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:15 am

US (Florida)
Cyprus
Spain
France
Italy
Greece
Ireland
Back to top Go down
Darknessia01
A Scholar
Darknessia01

Number of posts : 289
Hedonistic Glory : 5685
Joined In : 2009-09-20

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:46 am

Im Karen G Perez, from Panama. I'm 18 years old.people usually call me gpg,g pea,gps,cleo(from cleopatra because i had permanent eyeliner) and zari (from zariguella)..My bf is analaura, i love my dad a lott..like, to give him my heart if he "needed" or another important organ without thinkin it.I hate birthdays & I don't trust doctors for a good reason . I have a reason for everything i do, So dont question me about things. i laugh at all. i love animals. i enjoy to hear desperate attempts . I believe in good men and other mythical creatures.im a nice person almost always.First Impressions usually suck, So don't judge me, EVER. I can be mean and i do not feel ashamed ..So take me as I am
Back to top Go down

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Hi, my name is Martin, I’m 25 and I’m an Alcoholic… oh wait, this isn’t the AA forum.

Still, it’s practically true. Apart from consuming intoxicating beverages, I’m obviously a fan of extreme music, and I spend a fair amount of my time hunting down new bands and going to shows. Bullying people with inferior music collections is a bad habit I’ve picked up along the way. I’m a technically proficient, but creatively barren guitarist, I love playing, and I practice a lot more than my neighbours would like. I’m an avid pub sports player (darts, dominos and crib) and also go to all the major darts tournaments, mainly to get drunk in the amazing atmosphere( I live in the UK, we take our pub activities very seriously). I like to snowboard when I get the chance as well. I’m a geek at heart, but geek works for me and no one seems to hold it against me, so I’m a fantasy fan, anime fan, sci fi movie fan... I’m known for saying whatever is on my mind, and taking maybe a little too much pleasure in doing so if I know people aren’t going to like what I say. I have an unhealthy relationship with my car, though it is very pretty. I’m nearly always happy, I don’t like to be sad, so I don’t let anything get me down… I’m so many things, but I wont bore you to death.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 17330
Joined In : 2008-10-13

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:18 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
All I know of are Rob Halford and Gaahl. And yeah...

...Satan *sips wine*
i loled. home alone and i loled

Dies Irae wrote:
I’m a technically proficient, but creatively barren guitarist
want this. i dont care....i want this.

i shall write my response later. house cleaning time and gym.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:18 pm

Ladies and gentlemen... I've traveled over half our state to be here tonight. I couldn't get away sooner because my new well was coming in at Coyote Hills and I had to see about it. That well is now flowing at two thousand barrels and it's paying me an income of five thousand dollars a week. I have two others drilling and I have sixteen producing at Antelope. So, ladies and gentlemen... if I say I'm an oil man you will agree. You have a great chance here, but bear in mind, you can lose it all if you're not careful. Out of all men that beg for a chance to drill your lots, maybe one in twenty will be oilmen; the rest will be speculators-that's men trying to get between you and the oilmen-to get some of the money that ought by rights come to you. Even if you find one that has money, and means to drill, he'll maybe know nothing about drilling and he'll have to hire out the job on contract, and then you're depending on a contractor that's trying to rush the job through so he can get another contract just as quick as he can. This is... the way that this works.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 13787
Joined In : 2009-10-26

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:09 pm

My name's Michael (NEVER Mike or Mikey), I'm 15, I was born in Edinburgh in Scotland but eventually moved to a town called Kirkcaldy when I was 7. I guess I'd describe myself as quite when I first meet people, but a loudmouth around people I'm familiar with. I'm cynical about damn near anything and pretty sarcastic but I guess I'm generally pretty nice to people. I play guitar, but purely as a hobby, I'm not in a band or anything. I love hanging out with my friends, listening to music and playing video games. I got into rock aout 4 years ago and started listening to metal when I discovered Metallica when I was 13. I listen mostly to old school rock and metal bands but I have a pretty open ear to most types of music.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:12 pm

I'm 18 years old, male human, living in the US. In life I'm mostly just quiet and passive. I only really talk to people much once I get to know them closely...and I'm not sure what my personality would be really...it always varies between times and between environments. I'm only really judgmental of ideas...when it comes to events (that includes human beings) I just seek to understand what's happening etc. more than seeking to criticize or praise what's happening etc. I have little sense of morality or normality but I am peaceful and caring and am virtually incapable of revenge. I'm interested in nature (+abstract) and atmospheres/escape. Currently very interested in atmospheres involving incredible torture and suffering that never ends. My goal in life currently is to graduate, get a decent job, get an apartment, and live alone. Family maybe.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:48 pm

This thread has been saved from ultimate failure!

Atmospheres of incredible torture and suffering that never ends? Elaborate. Is that like an interest in a dark afterlife?
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Here are briefs on 4...
1. Simple vision of standard hell...the air is like mustard gas, fire, worms, human remains and waste, etc. Endless suffocation, pain, terror, and the devil's mad yells always traveling across the vast landscape. Stuff like that.
2. Hard to describe really...kind of like a Doom atmosphere...floating rock in a red/orange atmosphere with twilight textures and colors on the rock. Prisons and a huge variety of nonstop torture and terror.
3. A very malevolent predator-prey world where no one ever dies.
4. My favorite...the pain-growth chamber. People are kidnapped and brought there, and then construction begins.

The latter 3 I'd describe it as adjacent to life...like another dimension you can get sucked into while living, or a place you can travel to but not within the normal universe with increasing disorder and all that lameness.

I should mention I have horrible imagination but I work on it. Interest in it because it's kind of comforting, kind of beautiful.
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician
TheskyisblueFTW

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:18 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
I'm 18 years old, male human

your a male human too? I thought I was the only one. do you by chance enjoy breathing as well?
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:22 pm

One of the pleasures of the earth. And yeah I get that a lot lol. I did notice you were human in your post, nice to meet another one.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:24 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
Here are briefs on 4...
1. Simple vision of standard hell...the air is like mustard gas, fire, worms, human remains and waste, etc. Endless suffocation, pain, terror, and the devil's mad yells always traveling across the vast landscape. Stuff like that.
2. Hard to describe really...kind of like a Doom atmosphere...floating rock in a red/orange atmosphere with twilight textures and colors on the rock. Prisons and a huge variety of nonstop torture and terror.
3. A very malevolent predator-prey world where no one ever dies.
4. My favorite...the pain-growth chamber. People are kidnapped and brought there, and then construction begins.

The latter 3 I'd describe it as adjacent to life...like another dimension you can get sucked into while living, or a place you can travel to but not within the normal universe with increasing disorder and all that lameness.

I should mention I have horrible imagination but I work on it. Interest in it because it's kind of comforting, kind of beautiful.

I enjoy spiritual and supernatural thoughts, such as parallel dimensions, etc

My thoughts occasionally go to hellish and unforgiving landscapes, but usually my thoughts and imagination goes towards the person and their part in the world. Such as what a person is, and interest in death. It has always interested me and confused me that a body will decompose only when a person dies.

My thoughts have often lead me to thoughts of eternal torment in the form of still being alive in your corpse, and being buried, cremated, etc.

I have to admit, I enjoy thinking about the supernatural and the unknown. My thoughts rarely venture to such extremities as yours, however. But interesting, nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:44 pm

Hmm I don't think I've had too many spiritual and supernatural thoughts as far as atmosphere goes, but I have thought of like magical worlds and things like that if that counts. Dying and still being alive...it's kind of like that Cannibal Corpse song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N1wUFlwNWo
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 pm

Well think about it, imagine if what we speculate as death and an afterlife is all wrong. What if you are in your body still, but you just don't have control. Freaky shit man, trapped in a casket for eternity.

I am a very spiritual person. I long to know about existence, the afterlife, the meaning of life, our purpose.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:57 pm

Well what do you think the relationship between the brain, soul, and consciousness is?

Big question IDK if it might take a while...
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:01 pm

My speculation is very unclear. Essentially, I believe the body is simply the vehicle for a person. But the difficulty is the differences between consciousness and soul. I think soul is shown through consciousness, but there is always that unconscious that is the real problem. Unconscious feelings and emotions that don't necessarily come out in every day life and actions, but come out in dreams.

I think that our brain contains our being, and that is why both conscious and unconscious forces come out through it.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Would that be like the soul being the source of original causes inside the brain? What do you think about the nature of the soul? How does it work, what determines its nature, what goes on with it? I don't expect answers to these questions just curious what your thoughts about them are.

Edit: Wait, why did I ask these questions? Oh well...see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:11 pm

I think the soul governs our humanity - our morals, our interests, as well as our turn-offs. But I think much of what goes on in the brain can be a result of upbringing and personal experiences. I know for a fact that my dislike of people is a result of constant misunderstanding and harassment as a child. I haven't been bullied for many years (since I got really big), but I am positive that I got it from that. I am being understood more, and I make friends a lot easier, but I still have a natural dislike for people. It's only when I get to know someone through their indirect actions that I will communicate with them, usually. But I think there is a predisposition for some things like that withing the soul.

As for the soul itself, I think it is a complete separate entity, but that is one thing I don't have a theory about.
Back to top Go down
rocknrollchair
Natural Born Headbanger
rocknrollchair

Number of posts : 643
Hedonistic Glory : 5993
Joined In : 2009-12-10

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:33 pm

axe,i love conversations/discuusions like that,but my english is too worse,to discribe exactly what my thoughts are,and before i get misunderstood.........
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:36 pm

Are you going to become a theologian? It's pretty cool I think. What are your thoughts about the nature of God? What's his ultimate goal? I heard some verse in the Bible one time that said his ultimate purpose was something to do with uniting people or uniting people with Him or something like that I forget...

God to me is logic but that's not really a theistic God. Still my theistic God would be pretty much the same thing except more personalized.
Back to top Go down
Kriov
Pure Class
Kriov

Number of posts : 730
Hedonistic Glory : 6021
Joined In : 2009-12-13

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:39 pm

Hi, I'm Ian.

Im 18, Living in northern Colorado, going to Colorado State University..
i only started listening to metal about 4-5 years ago, my first favorite band was Bullet for my Valentine.. yeah laugh it up. I play a lot of video games, I used to play professionally and go to tournaments for Call of duty and Halo but it wasn't very conducive to school. I am an Eagle Scout and work in a hospital, where i serve food to patients. ive had a few girlfriends but no serious relationships. the past year ive been having trouble with depression and suicide sometimes but im usually ok. i find life unfulfilling and pointless at times, and find little happiness in anything. i see my life as finding ways to forget or ignore certain emotions. Music and writing have become recent passions of mine, taking up alot of my time and thought. I dont have any thoughts or hopes for the future, other then to stop feeling confined by society, or parents to a specific realm of thought.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scandinavianaggression.com
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 17330
Joined In : 2008-10-13

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:46 pm

cpngrats fellow eagle. you and i and i beleive blackstar are among the finest
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:20 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
Hmm I don't think I've had too many spiritual and supernatural thoughts as far as atmosphere goes, but I have thought of like magical worlds and things like that if that counts. Dying and still being alive...it's kind of like that Cannibal Corpse song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N1wUFlwNWo

Offtopic that is one of the best songs ever.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:09 am

VacuousReality wrote:
Are you going to become a theologian? It's pretty cool I think. What are your thoughts about the nature of God? What's his ultimate goal? I heard some verse in the Bible one time that said his ultimate purpose was something to do with uniting people or uniting people with Him or something like that I forget...

God to me is logic but that's not really a theistic God. Still my theistic God would be pretty much the same thing except more personalized.

When I was going through my skeptic phase, that was one of my questions. Why would God make people? What was the purpose of creating man? If God is the ultimate being, why would he want to make imperfect beings?

I still haven't been able to find a reason why God would have made man, and earth. But I think his goal is to make us become the best we can be so we can be united, but I'm having trouble understanding why.

Say you make robot people, and place them on this barren island. What is the purpose of this? You are an intelligent being, capable of doing TONS of other things, yet you choose to take the time to make other, lesser beings. The only thing I can come up with is God wanted to create life and companions, and give them free will (instead of AI, essentially drones). This way, they would be their own being. But he wanted to test us, and that is somehow the meaning of life. But my theories are all coming from my brain, just like any other theory, so i can never back it up with facts. But that's what makes it so interesting to me.

I hope that was informative. I love talking about this with you, I would love to hear some of your thoughts about life. Not necessarily religion or God, but just your general thoughts about life. What is your purpose in life? What do you think life means to us? Just general theory, it really interests me
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147489030
Joined In : 2009-08-16

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:27 am

I've heard that many times, with the exact same examples.

Bullshit. There is no divine being "testing" us. You can twist and turn every single theory of Christianity to make it more believable, but the meaning will also change.

Is God a hypocrite, then? On many occasions, Jesus was tempted by the Satan (not Lucifer) to test out his powers to prove that he was God. Jesus refused, saying to have faith in him and not to test him.

If God is all-knowing, then he knows the future. IF HE KNOWS THE FUTURE THAN WHATS THE FUCKING POINT OF TESTING US?
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:32 am

Master Cthulhu wrote:
I've heard that many times, with the exact same examples.

Bullshit. There is no divine being "testing" us. You can twist and turn every single theory of Christianity to make it more believable, but the meaning will also change.

Is God a hypocrite, then? On many occasions, Jesus was tempted by the Satan (not Lucifer) to test out his powers to prove that he was God. Jesus refused, saying to have faith in him and not to test him.

If God is all-knowing, then he knows the future. IF HE KNOWS THE FUTURE THAN WHATS THE FUCKING POINT OF TESTING US?

...Satan
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:35 am

Dammit Taxer quit beating me to the punch lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Summarize Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summarize Yourself   Summarize Yourself I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summarize Yourself
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Preposterous Palaver and Infinite Jest-
Jump to: