Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Violent attack shattered lives (thug knocks out all her teeth, released after 18 days in jail)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Violent attack shattered lives (thug knocks out all her teeth, released after 18 days in jail) Empty
PostSubject: Violent attack shattered lives (thug knocks out all her teeth, released after 18 days in jail)   Violent attack shattered lives (thug knocks out all her teeth, released after 18 days in jail) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:56 pm

Chicago Tribune ^
Jennifer Hall sits beside her boyfriend, Joe Hoffman. Her hair cascaded down both sides of her face and her lips were parted in a half-smile. It was Aug. 25, 2008, her 36th birthday.

"My hair was down to my waist for 20 years," she said. "I woke up bald -- no teeth, 85 staples in my head -- out of a drug-induced coma."

Two hours after the photo was taken, Hall and Hoffman were attacked by a homeless man, Derrick King, near Wabash Avenue and Roosevelt Road, after telling him they didn't have any cigarettes. King and a second person then beat, stomped and kicked Hall unconscious, she said.

When King, 48, pleaded guilty this October to two criminal charges in the attack and was sentenced to three years in prison, Hall and Hoffman thought he wouldn't be able to harm anyone else -- at least for a while.

But just 18 days after that plea, state records show, King was paroled as part of the early-release program that Gov. Pat Quinn on Wednesday called "a big mistake." And the next day, King allegedly threatened another woman, near the same place he attacked Hall, yelling, "Remember the couple who got beat real bad for not giving a cigarette? That was me," police said.

(Excerpt) Read more at chicagotribune.com ...
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 14156
Joined In : 2009-03-10

Violent attack shattered lives (thug knocks out all her teeth, released after 18 days in jail) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Violent attack shattered lives (thug knocks out all her teeth, released after 18 days in jail)   Violent attack shattered lives (thug knocks out all her teeth, released after 18 days in jail) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:06 pm

Court system fail.
Back to top Go down
http://www.circleofdestruction.net
MarshallEMG
True Gentleman
MarshallEMG

Number of posts : 1619
Hedonistic Glory : 7300
Joined In : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Violent attack shattered lives (thug knocks out all her teeth, released after 18 days in jail)   Violent attack shattered lives (thug knocks out all her teeth, released after 18 days in jail) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:45 pm

"Remember the couple who got beat real bad for not giving a cigarette? That was me,"

Omg lol what a troll
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147489031
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Violent attack shattered lives (thug knocks out all her teeth, released after 18 days in jail)   Violent attack shattered lives (thug knocks out all her teeth, released after 18 days in jail) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:50 pm

he was the couple that got beat real bad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Violent attack shattered lives (thug knocks out all her teeth, released after 18 days in jail)   Violent attack shattered lives (thug knocks out all her teeth, released after 18 days in jail) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Violent attack shattered lives (thug knocks out all her teeth, released after 18 days in jail)
Page 1 of 1