Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gothic Song for your Monday evening

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27758
Joined In : 2008-08-28

Gothic Song for your Monday evening Empty
PostSubject: Gothic Song for your Monday evening   Gothic Song for your Monday evening I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 12:16 am

This song is kind of fast food. Sort of bad - but has a gimmick with the dude singing so deep
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 4796
Joined In : 2013-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Song for your Monday evening   Gothic Song for your Monday evening I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 1:15 am

Come on. You can't say "goth" without thinking about Peter Steele.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Song for your Monday evening   Gothic Song for your Monday evening I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 4:25 am

coincidentally, ive been researching goth shit lately. maybe we've both picked it up because goths are more powerful in winter? when their nihilistic pessimism can no longer be deflected by the flourishing gardens of nature?

anywho i dig gwonam's band up there so i figured id drop some old school shit too

but in all seriousness i have 2 questions
1) Is Birthday Massacre, Aesthetic Perfection and their kin considered goth music? Music scene is confusing.
2) Do you like them? They're growing on me.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Song for your Monday evening   Gothic Song for your Monday evening I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 10:36 am

I don't know. I find the goth scene as tedious as any other scene with its qualitative bullshit. Birthday Massacre and Aesthetic Perfection are associated with goth music according to all resources I find, but what makes goth music goth music? Merely because it identifies with a cultural outcropping of counterculture?

Too much work. At least they have the good mind to make some decent music. Also, Gary Numan is always appreciated here.

Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Song for your Monday evening   Gothic Song for your Monday evening I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:30 pm

It's Monday again. Get with this track from Ulver passenger Daniel O'Sullivan.

Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18462
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Song for your Monday evening   Gothic Song for your Monday evening I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:41 pm

Wow, very good cover there Tril
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Song for your Monday evening   Gothic Song for your Monday evening I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:45 pm

Blue Oyster Cult aren't my favorite, but I looked Miracle up on a whim today and I figured it fit. Also, they released a record in October I had no idea about and it sounds fantastic. If you're in the mood for ... depressing electronica, I guess it's up your alley?
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Song for your Monday evening   Gothic Song for your Monday evening I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:57 pm

That was pretty good man.

Do you guys remember H.I.M.?

Lol
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18462
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Song for your Monday evening   Gothic Song for your Monday evening I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 7:11 pm

HIM are one of those bands that I still enjoy on occasion. One of the bands I'm most ashamed about probably.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Song for your Monday evening   Gothic Song for your Monday evening I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 7:47 pm

Hah - kind of a girlie band. I still have "Right here in your arms" on my Itunes. I vaguely remember the rest of their music but I won't be revisiting that any time soon
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Song for your Monday evening   Gothic Song for your Monday evening I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 9:23 pm

HIM is strange for influencing a lot of modern goth metal without being goth metal itself. Certainly selling themselves to every little girl in Helsinki, certainly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Song for your Monday evening   Gothic Song for your Monday evening I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 2:24 am

Gwonam you're on a roll in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Song for your Monday evening   Gothic Song for your Monday evening I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 4:26 am

I don't know who Silkersoft are, but they did a magnificent job with this transmogrification of this Ulver track.

Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Song for your Monday evening   Gothic Song for your Monday evening I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 11:22 am

Top 5 Gothic Artists?
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Song for your Monday evening   Gothic Song for your Monday evening I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 3:42 pm

Strictly goth music? I can name three.

1. Diary of Dreams: If Type O Negative is the poison of choice for the culture of the 90's, then Diary of Dreams are their spiritual successors in the 2000's and beyond. Losing the erotic nature of Peter Steele's overarching sexuality and pandering to women, Adrian Hates goes straight for grim, harsh topics of "post-goth" psychology: arguably of a place that doesn't exist anymore. Exile is probably their greatest concept come alive. These are three very essential tracks I believe anyone could accept without caring for the culture.

2. Type O Negative: seriously, Peter Steele and company epitomize the goth subculture that made its last hurrah in the mid-90s. "Drab Four" namesake aside, they were responsible for some outright downtrodden, erotic and melancholic music that ever rubbed shoulders with rock music.
3. The Cure: Come on. If you think these guys exist anywhere outside of the gateway from the shoegazing type of music into goth music, then you're deaf. You've all heard this band before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Song for your Monday evening   Gothic Song for your Monday evening I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 4:43 pm

i think this is more posigoth, but im fucking clueless about this scene
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Song for your Monday evening   Gothic Song for your Monday evening I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gothic Song for your Monday evening
Page 1 of 1