Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are some encounters you've had with police?

Go down 
+4
TheskyisblueFTW
Taxer666
Gwonam
breakyoudown
8 posters
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27758
Joined In : 2008-08-28

What are some encounters you've had with police? Empty
PostSubject: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 8:15 pm

In my first year of residence it was someone's birthday on my floor. So we all went outside and brought the broken tv that he owned. One of my friends was even in a tuxedo for some reason. We proceeded to spray paint the tv then put it in a shopping cart and push it down a hill. Shortly after a few policeman start walking our way and all of us run except my friend in the tuxedo.

They say to him "I think you're a little overdressed for this eh?"
He responds "I can rock a dirty suit"
They get him to bring the tv back inside.

Another time I got pulled over driving my dad's van.
Cop informs me that I don't have my lights on and its dangerous driving without them at night. I find out my lights aren't working, and I also can't find my insurance papers. The lady just said to get the lights fixed and to just go home. I was so happy.

Third story

After my car accident I kept phoning my parents asking what to do next. Then my mom has this brilliant idea to phone me again - now I can't hear anything outside if its not on speakerphone so everyone else can hear too. She starts going on saying "Tell the cops you weren't moving and that the other car hit you!" This wasn't the case. The policeman was nearby so I told her that I had to speak to a cop now and it was time to go. Then she repeated herself so that I'd take it in. Needless to say, I didn't lie to everyone despite her advice.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 4796
Joined In : 2013-04-26

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:07 am

I've been pulled over once about 4 years ago. It was a pretty easy encounter, I was going 20 miles over the speed limit on a highway and I got a $90 ticket for speeding. Officer wasn't a dick, just asked for my license, registration and insurance and I complied, to which he wrote the ticket and told me where to go if I need to negotiate it (because apparently you could do that. I wasn't aware at the time, but I guess you can go to court over things like this). I paid the ticket when I got home and I haven't seen a cop face to face since.

Past that, I've seen cops corralling inmates from highway cleanup duty while travelling to and from work, but that's about it. It's rare around here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:11 am

I hear all the time to never just pay a speeding ticket as it wrecks your insurance.

I was praying that the cops wouldn't show up when I had my car accident. They totally did.

However, I received no demerit points and my "unsafe left turn charge" was turned into a "Green light, failure to proceed" charge. Which doesn't really sound like what happened but it surely mitigated my worries by a lot.

The lawyer was good- he owed my uncle a favour. Saved us probably a grand
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:17 am

Previous to that my total insurance was $110/month, but after it went up roughly $15 that year, so proportionally, yes! Point on my license that would go away the year following the date of the incident, so it wasn't a significant hit in the long run.

Now I pay less than $60 (on Progressive since about a year after that incident, was previously on Geico) for the same amount of coverage since a couple months ago. Getting older isn't all that bad.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:23 am

I should have clarified that I was hoping the cops wouldn't show up in court.

I have yet to get a speeding ticket. I find myself pretty lucky I think- feel like I have one coming
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:52 am

I don't recall how Canada police works as I've never scuffed with them but if it's anything like the states, the officer that attends the scene of an accident has to report to court with very few exceptions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 12:02 pm

I got drunk with a buncha friends at college and we decided we wanted to check out the stars on the baseball field (at the top of this hill). Soon as we got there, we saw the police car follow us up so we just fucking booked it for the fence. I was totally Solid Snake in that bitch. Jumped the fence and went prone on the other side, but then m' friend Julia was too scared to jump it. So I grabbed her ass and threw her over the fence anyway (feelsgoodman). Then we all hid under the bleachers and laughed at the lazy pigs. We won.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 12:11 pm

No, Gravy. You are the pigs.

What are some encounters you've had with police? Bad-piggies-rovio-00
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 12:37 pm

Yeah in Canada cops do not have an obligation to go to court if they were at the accident. They are paid if they do attend, but if they don't you automatically are let free without a trial
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13189
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:54 pm

Never gotten a ticket or anything but these are the encounters I have had.

Cop came to my house asking for information. Apparently our neighbors across the street had a methlab or something and it exploded (their place caught on fire the previous night but I didn't hear any explosion). Didn't know anything though so the police officer went on his way.

Was with some friends and we decided to go get some food. Problem was that it was a five passenger car and there were six of us. Instead of ordering take-out like I suggested, one of our friends decided that she wanted to hop in the trunk. So that's what happened. On our way back from foodage, however, we were pulled over. I guess they saw her get in the trunk. Didn't get a ticket though, just had to make two trips while my friend and I waited for them to get back.

Was chilling at my apartment when suddenly I heard a knocking at the door. Curious to find out who it was, I got up out of my chair to open the door. To my surprise, the sheriff and a deputy officer were at the door with an arrest warrant. I was quite baffled, to say the least. "What crime did I commit to elicit an arrest?" I asked myself. Then I heard the sheriff utter a name that was not mine, and I sighed in relief harder than I ever have. He was looking for the previous tenant and I assume that she did not update her information when she moved out. The officers went on their way. I was curious about the previous resident here, so I asked my next door neighbor if he knew anything about her. "Oh yeah bro, she was a crazy bitch," he remarked. "She was a huge heroine addict and just got into fucked up shit all the time."
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician
TheskyisblueFTW

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 9081
Joined In : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:24 pm

I got a ticket for not having my tail lights on. Then they found the dead body.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18462
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:42 am

Well the current stage of my life is pretty cool. We have cops at work that are on our payroll and I'm technically their boss. Pretty neat. I can ask them to kick people out, and they are always towing people's cars and shit. They genuinely like harassing people who illegally park in our lot and idiots that come in. One time a fight broke out in our lobby and the cop runs in and pepper sprays the one guy. Didn't say a thing, just pepper sprays him and then cuffs them both.

They are technically just security guards when they are on my clock, but we only hire police officers to do our security work so they are always in uniform, with their equipment and vehicles.

One time I was called down to the office when I was in high school, and to my surprise our school cop was waiting there. I walked in, sat down, and he shut the door and began asking me about what I did the night before. As it happens, it was the night after Dragon Age: Origins came out and I was obviously at home playing it until like 2:00am. Anyway, he starts telling me that he has footage from the parking lot cameras of my car coming into the parking lot, me exiting the vehicle and breaking into parked vehicles. One of the most awkward situations I've been in. A cop telling me he has proof of me committing a crime that I didn't commit. Anyway, one of my best friends was with me the whole night playing the game so I had him come down to confirm my alibi. After that, the school cop was always trying to be buddy buddy with me. Seriously, fuck that guy.

I think the only other notable interaction I've had with a cop is the time I got pulled over and illegally searched. I was smoking a cigarette and saw a cop following me one day when I was going home from the doctor, so I reached behind me to grab an ashtray from the back (the backs of my seats had ashtrays for the passengers, but hilariously enough there weren't any ashtrays up front) I didn't want to throw the cigarette out the window because I thought "hey! this cop might try to be a dickhole and pull me over for littering or some shit," so that's why I had to fumble around to get the ashtray. Anyway, the guy pulls me over and says he saw me doing something "suspicious" with my hands and asked me to exit my vehicle. He calls not one, but two backup cars and then proceeds to frisk me. Then, he has his backup guy hold me along the side of the road while they tore apart my car. Obviously finding nothing, the asshole writes me a speeding ticket. Luckily, one of my good friend's dads is a lawyer and he got the ticket thrown out of court for me. The jackass cop was mad that he didn't find drugs on me or something
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:34 am

Man, one of my friends got banned from the only theme park anywhere near us.
And he was being an idiot trying to get out of a rollercoaster's harness and was taking into the official "Wonderland" cell. Then cops came up to him saying that they have footage of him and he's so busted and all this and he wouldn't admit to anything.

They are allowed to present false evidence if it gets a real confession
Back to top Go down
Burzum
Top Lad
Burzum

Number of posts : 131
Hedonistic Glory : 5314
Joined In : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:40 am

None. I am still waiting for young, fit ones to dance by my table while I eat dinner.
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
ImendiaBurzum

Number of posts : 15462
Hedonistic Glory : 13082
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 9:37 pm

back in the day when i smoked weed (about 2 years ago i quit smoking that shit)...it was arround 3:00PM,i was in a friends car and we were packing a bowl of some of the finest and most expensive kush you can get here, we were just driving arround the block non-stop and when the moment came to burn this torch up i saw my window and there was a cop on a small moto knocking it...
nothing can describe how fucking scared we were at the time i was underage and had no cash on me bc we stupidly spent the rest of it on fucking munchies.

At certain point when we were pulling over i started eating the 2 grams of weed we had along with my friend and another bro that was sitting on the back but we did not realize we were spilling most of the weed all arround the seats, we pull over, officer told us to get off the car bc he was going to make an inspection to check if we had ilegal weapons of some shit, as we stood there watching the cop flipping everything on the car arround we saw atleast 0.2 grams of scattered weed all over the back seat, THIS FUCKING COP was checking the back of the car under the driver's seat and his face was 10 inches, 10 FUCKING INCHES from the backseat, at that point i told my friends "We are fucked and will be fucked on jail for the next 2 years (it is ilegal in Panama to own more than 1 gram of marijuana and the punishment for this crime is 1-2 years on jail depending on the charges etc)...

as the cop kept looking for guns on the back seat i quickly disposed of the pipe on a near by sewer(small pen looking like metal pipe, not heavy, didnt made any sound), now back to the cop, the cop SOMEHOW didnt smelled or saw the herbs all scattered arround he just came off the car, gave us our IDs (i was supposed to be my friend's lil brother because i was the only minor there) and said "Go home there's some dudes on a car like this one marking houses to rob later on today".

never smoked weed on a car after this day EVER.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
Rumpintime
A Good Fellow
Rumpintime

Number of posts : 42
Hedonistic Glory : 3973
Joined In : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 7:37 pm

Gwonam wrote:
I've been pulled over once about 4 years ago. It was a pretty easy encounter, I was going 20 miles over the speed limit on a highway and I got a $90 ticket for speeding. Officer wasn't a dick, just asked for my license, registration and insurance and I complied, to which he wrote the ticket and told me where to go if I need to negotiate it (because apparently you could do that. I wasn't aware at the time, but I guess you can go to court over things like this). I paid the ticket when I got home and I haven't seen a cop face to face since.

Past that, I've seen cops corralling inmates from highway cleanup duty while travelling to and from work, but that's about it. It's rare around here.
You asshole. You don't even have a driver's license.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 7:47 pm

What do you call this?

What are some encounters you've had with police? 670x422xLicense.jpg.pagespeed.ic.XiNk5VqILT

SHIT IT'S EXPIRED
Back to top Go down
Rumpintime
A Good Fellow
Rumpintime

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 7:48 pm

I lol'd. So that was you who tried to run over Michael Snyder.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 8:00 pm

Rumpin is a one-liner machine
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 8:00 pm

You should hear him on Skype. Just all sorts of retarded bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Rumpintime
A Good Fellow
Rumpintime

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 8:02 pm

I can't even speak words because I smoke too much crack.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 8:06 pm

Is momentary your buddy too?
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 8:10 pm

Yeah, we go way back to Phantasy Star Universe, IRC here and there, et cetera. He doesn't smoke crack but he listens to a shitload of awesome music from every genre available. He just introduced me to this new retro wave movement and some rap I didn't outright despise.

He's also the guy who got me into Willard Grant Conspiracy and kicked me in the head when the new The Fall of Every Season came out. Very resourceful - not to mention friendly - guy.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 8:22 pm

That was some of the most activity we've had in a long time- feel like I'm several layers into an inside joke lol

I did listen to an album from WGC, good stuff that is
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 8:28 pm

Rumpintime and me go even further back. I think I was 16 when I met him? He has a hilarious picture somewhere when I jumped on his back. Reminds me of this.

What are some encounters you've had with police? Ff7funtimes
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 8:33 pm

Which one is you?
Back to top Go down
Rumpintime
A Good Fellow
Rumpintime

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 8:35 pm

I'm obviously the Rod Stewart looking motherfucker who still has his shirt off. Guanom is the gay Spiffyroth. I have the picture but I can't link it because I'm new and a piece of shit. That's like, Taxer level gay.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 8:45 pm

We should have a thread of ugly photos of ourselves, that'd be a real hoot
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 9:04 pm

This motherfucker just call me Guanom?!

This means war.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:39 pm

Baldman gonna bald.
Back to top Go down
Rumpintime
A Good Fellow
Rumpintime

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:04 pm

Hey taxer, you know the only reason Ant brought me to these forums is to call you a gay mexican.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:06 pm

I said the beeg Mexican, not gay!
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:09 pm

I'm not 100% sure if you guys are tormenting him or joking or a bit of both
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:10 pm

You're old and bald. Your voice holds no power.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:35 pm

I wouldn't ever torment Raul, but I can't speak for Baldm-- Rumpintime.
Back to top Go down
Rumpintime
A Good Fellow
Rumpintime

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 6:11 pm

It's just our dynamic. I call Taxer a gay mexican and he calls me baldman. It's been going on like this for years. It isn't slander if it's true, right?
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 6:55 pm

Technically it's libel at the moment
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:55 pm

I think it's a healthy relationship until Jerry becomes a cop and Raul loses his license one day.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 2:50 am

I think if Jerry got a hairpiece, he would be a less hateful person.
Back to top Go down
Rumpintime
A Good Fellow
Rumpintime

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 8:13 am

Taxer's from Guanajato Mexico, he doesn't have a license to lose in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 6:23 pm

WHAT IS THIS!?
Back to top Go down
Rumpintime
A Good Fellow
Rumpintime

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 8:15 am

What are some encounters you've had with police? 9-24-2006-17
Here's that picture you were looking for.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 1:12 pm

Look at that flow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are some encounters you've had with police?   What are some encounters you've had with police? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are some encounters you've had with police?
Page 1 of 1