Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 4796
Joined In : 2013-04-26

Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread Empty
PostSubject: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 12:26 am

http://www.jester-records.com/ulver/images/ULVER_MESSE_I.X-VI.X_postcard.jpg

The above image is so large it will stretch the forum, so I will spare the grief of those with resolutions smaller than 1600x1200. I've been there and done that too.

Pardon my explosive behavior concerning all Ulver, and I don't know about you guys, but when I saw the bridging between Shadows of the Sun and the Silence EPs I shat a brick immediately. If they do this right, it could be their best work. God knows they need it after War of the Roses.

Video trailer with music samples: http://vimeo.com/69377561
Official site: http://www.jester-records.com/ulver/

August can't come soon enough for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27758
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 12:33 am

We talked about a sort of atmospherical black metal band earlier and I had asked for an album to which you said its not out yet but it's going to be one of the year's most important albums. Is that one out soon?

I think it may have been in the pump up music thread, it escapes me now
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13189
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 12:46 am

Too much hype.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 12:52 am

I didn't hype War of the Roses and look what it turned into! I didn't even buy that release and I own all their albums. What does that tell you? Coincidence??! I think no-- yeah, probably coincidence. Still, if the sample is any indication of what they're going for then I think if you're into either Shadows or Silence EPs, you'll find something to love.

breakyoudown: you're thinking of Černá's "Restoring Life" which is a thread beneath this one, actually titled to Taxer. It came out about a month ago and it's pretty easy to find. I bought it because I don't think the band will actually take off despite the immense talent going on and the 128kb quality on blogspots slaughtered me.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 1:12 am

I love both the EPs and Shadows, so odds are they'll like it.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 1:19 pm

Nice, need to remember to revisit this thread, need more gym music
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 2:51 pm

Dave, you listen to the absolute worst gym music. No wonder you're scrawny.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18462
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 7:05 pm

Am I bad if I haven't even listened to War of the Roses yet?

Shadows of the Sun is a legendary record.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 8:00 pm

It's fine considering War of the Roses is probably their weakest release yet.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 8:40 pm

I have to echo what Taxer said. War of the Roses has but maybe a couple of good tracks on it. I don't want to say it was Kscope's fault for rushing the band to do all of this, and the acquisition of Daniel O'Sullivan should have helped them more than it hurt them. Stone Angels turned into pretension when it should have been wistful, February MMX was a misplaced Blood Inside track and, the only decent tracks on the album in my humble opinion being Island and Providence, are surrounded by half measures. Rygg's vocal delivery wasn't there beyond those two tracks.

Shadows of the Sun is probably their most legendary record. I can't disagree with you there. They've made some polarizing records in the past but what was supposed to be another division probably proved to be not only their most accessible record but their most personal. It's stood the test of time so far.

Were I you, I would listen to Island and Providence and decide from there if the album is worth your time, but even then you would come to be disappointed by the mediocrity of the rest of the record. I have a hard time aligning myself with the fact Ulver released a bad album being who I am, but that's just me, I suppose.

tl;dr: I would never, ever work out to Ulver.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:53 pm

I went to pre-order. They're sold out.

God damn it.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 8:45 pm

Blame Ade
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 11:38 pm

How can you even... blame Michael Adelman... ahh, screw it!

ADE, you uncouth mouth breathing grade school cock jockey. I bet you have more splinters in your bloodied palms than Sealed J Swords. I swear if his college alumni knew what a slob like him really spent his time doing, they'd not only petition to revoke his philosophy concentration but also write him off as another semi-autistic internet failure on Wikipedia, rife with tales of the haywire Rain Man on PSO until kingdom come. I wonder how he would feel to know his degree was a dupe. There is no end to the ridicule that man deserves and this is your fault.

On a more serious note, I saw another piece of music they uploaded from their live orchestra that they plan to integrate on the record and I have to say if Rygg takes a back seat and lets the music carry itself, I wouldn't be too hurt. Still, I really like his vocals and I hope he comes through on most tracks.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 2:22 pm

One week, blaxicans.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 4:22 pm

I'm fairly hyped.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 7:52 pm

I haven't got a new album in a stupidly long time

Is mediafire no longer an easy way of getting music?
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 9:16 pm

I don't even use that for uploading much less downloading.

Words cannot describe how hopeful I am that this record makes their last look like a chump.

EDIT: Spelling!

Last edited by Gwonam on Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:32 am

I bought the Effektor app that Ulver were promoting and so far it only worked right when I bought it, now it just rubber bands back to the home screen every time I try to select tracks, view history, et cetera. I think it might be because my phone's rooted but they blatantly say in the Android notes that the previous version was crashing all the time. I wonder if it's the same for other people.

I sent an e-mail to Effektor just in case, so hopefully should other people have this problem at least they'll be aware about it if they're courteous enough to check their inbox.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:52 pm

Ulver official Facebook wrote:
Today – August 1 – was supposed to be the shipping day of pre-ordered editions and shirts of MESSE I.X–VI.X. We have not yet announced, or mentioned, a digital release. To the contrary we think it is appropriate to wait with that, but we realize now that we should have been clearer on this point and our policies from the start.

The problem with digital is of course once something is "released" it is leaked everywhere in the blink of an eye. Totally takes the air of any balloon.

We are, as many of you know by now, not the biggest fans of Spotify and iTunes etc., as money generated through those services only goes to the capital that may be. The whole point of putting up our own exclusive editions for pre-order, was to take control of the cash flow and come out stronger economically. It's a bummer, of course, that the pressing has been delayed, but we think it is only fair to hold back digital streaming until the physical products has been shipped to those of you who have purchased from us directly.

Digital release is planned for September 1 via our own webshop and Bandcamp. And then September 23 on Spotify and iTunes etc., coinciding with the release of Kscope's standard editions. As we have said before, those who have bought from us will not regret it.

Thank you so much for your understanding, we are truly sorry you all have to wait a bit longer. But please know, it makes all the difference.

Ulver, Oslo, August 1 2013.

God damn it, guys. Prestigious act of music and this still happens. My skepticism rises.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:01 pm

Wow? September? Worst month of the year
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:32 pm

No, July and August are because they are unbearably hot.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:44 pm

September is allergy central for me. It's like I have a relentless cold for an entire month
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:06 am

Well that's your fault and have no one else to blame.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 8:36 am

After letting the initial rage of a release date that got pushed back go, I believe this was necessary to protect their financial interests. It's still shit time management, and being who they are and their direct control over their own content, they should have prepared for the possibility of a pressing going wrong if they wish to ascend to the height of self-sustaining existence in a cutthroat market.

It's not that I don't give a fuck about Ulver as far as their necessities in that this is their full time job, it's that as a fan who's thrown them a little more than 1K down (ridiculous? Tell that to my limited edition Shadows flask, applicable and elegant) the years for the product of their music, be it digital, apparel, relics they've sold or otherwise, I believe that going forward they should do well to protect the interests of their fans if they want this sort of responsibility.

There are more people who go further than I do, buying every vinyl, CD, clothing design, et cetera. Ulver have the potential to do something massive with their craft and this sort of fumbling is something you'd expect from people who never ran a label before. Jester Records has been in establishment for more than a decade now, and while their roster isn't the biggest, the fact it serves as a platform for their satellites should prove to make them a force against the industry. If they're going to stick it to the man, they don't only have to worry about creating good content but marketing and distribution in a proper method.

Nothing screams "no sale" in media than pushing dates back.

And a sidenote to anyone who purchases the Effektor app: don't do it if you have a rooted phone on the Verizon network. For some reason, connections are constantly lost between the app, Verizon and the SU access keys on rooted devices which cause the screen to endlessly rubber band. I had to unroot my phone to get it to work properly.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 1:34 pm

OUT NOW

http://ulver.bandcamp.com/album/messe-i-x-vi-x

They chose a fantastic time to come out with this. I can't believe what I'm hearing. Pure mastery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread   Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ulver - Messe I.X - VI.X hype thread
Page 1 of 1