Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last thread for a while

Go down 
+2
blackstar
Taxer666
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13184
Joined In : 2009-11-24

Last thread for a while Empty
PostSubject: Last thread for a while   Last thread for a while I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 3:17 am

All right boys and girls, this will be my last topic in a while but it'll be a good one. Before I leave for my trip, I'm going to leave you guys with some nice musical treats. I highly suggest getting all of these or else I'll be sad. In all seriousness though, this is all quality stuff and grab the stuff which interests you. I'll post both a song and an album but feel free to look up more stuff from the bands See you guys in three weeks!

The Lord Weird Slough Feg

Last thread for a while 296_photo

Slough Feg is one of my favorite heavy metal bands of all time and are up there with Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, and Judas Priest among others in my book. Plus vocalist/guitarist Mike Scalzi is also a college professor which I think is pretty neat.

Song
Album

Hammers of Misfortune

Last thread for a while 47_photo

Another cool band, M-A has them listed as Progressive/Folk/Heavy/Power Metal but I'd just call them awesome. Band features John Cobbett and Mike Scalzi sharing both vocal and guitar duties.

Song
Album

The Mushroom River Band

Last thread for a while 921_photo

A recent favorite of mine, these guys are the epitome of driving music. They're a stoner metal/hard rock hybird similar to Kyuss.

Song
Album

Damaar

Last thread for a while 62417_photo

Pulverizing war metal from Lebanon. Not much else to say other than they kick major ass and they will crush your skull.

Song
Album

Impaled

Last thread for a while 1097_photo

Probably one of the most awesome and catchiest death metal bands around. These guys sound like what Carcass should have after their Necroticism album.

Song
Album

maudlin of the Well

Last thread for a while 16_photo

Who likes prog? I like prog, and these guys are pretty damn cool. Lots of people call them pretentious but eh whatever it's still decent shit.

Song
Album

Portrait

Last thread for a while 73691_photo

These guys are another really awesome new heavy metal band. They sound like a mix between Mercyful Fate and Judas Priest. Sadly, I wasn't able to find a youtube video of them so myspace will have to suffice.

http://www.myspace.com/portraitmetal
Album

!T.O.O.H.!

Last thread for a while 16265_photo

With a name like that you'd expect this band to be pretty weird. And you'd be right. M-A lists them as Progressive Death Metal/Grindcore and that pretty much fits the bill.

Song
Album

Silencer

Last thread for a while 8476_photo

Everyone needs a little black metal to brighten up their day and the insanity of Silencer fufuils that. Awesome black metal with a fucked up backstory, what more could you ask for?

Song
Album

Ripping Corpse

Last thread for a while 3007_photo

Obligatory osdm right here lulz. Death/Thrash and amazing quality stuff.

Song
Album
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 14153
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Last thread for a while   Last thread for a while I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 3:25 am

Looks nice and several things I'm interested in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18457
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Last thread for a while   Last thread for a while I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 3:38 am

At a glance, a few of those peak my interest. !T.O.O.H.! does too, but I think their name would drive me nuts on my zune lol
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147489028
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Last thread for a while   Last thread for a while I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 10:50 am

Silencer is funny.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27753
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Last thread for a while   Last thread for a while I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:56 am

What if nobody listened to any of Taxers last request?
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13184
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Last thread for a while   Last thread for a while I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 4:52 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
What if nobody listened to any of Taxers last request?

I would be very mad (and I should be because I assume most of you didn't even get anything)
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 13785
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Last thread for a while   Last thread for a while I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 9:16 am

Will listen. A few of them piked my interest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last thread for a while   Last thread for a while I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last thread for a while
Page 1 of 1