Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility Empty
PostSubject: Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility   Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 4:50 am

so after having their posters consistently ripped down (usually within hours of posting them) and several incidents of mob violence, the Vancouver MRA hosted a debate: Has feminism gone too far?
[youtube][/youtube]
heres the infamous "boxcutter incident

Video shot in Toronto, Thursday 4 April, at the CAFE presentation of Dr Paul Nathanson and Dr Kathy Young. U of T feminists attempted to use intimidation and censorship to shut down the event, to prevent any voice from being heard, and to disrupt the presentation by Nathanson and Young.

this event was also covered by TAA
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13176
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility   Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 4:55 pm

That's because most "Men's Rights" groups tend to be sexism advocates or are anti-feminism for terrible or misinformed reasons. Most feminist groups are for equal treatment of both men and women in all avenues. They're pretty much egalitarian groups that take on the subject through highlighting the plight of women. There are some radical factions of feminists, sure, much like there were radical groups of black groups during the civil rights movement (Black Panthers, Nation of Islam, etc). Just because there are some radical groups doesn't mean the whole is radical.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility   Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 8:31 pm

So youre saying that these are short-sighted morons reacting to a group of people they assumed to also be short-sighted morons?
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13176
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility   Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 9:38 pm

Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility 403820
Back to top Go down
GeneParmesan
A Good Fellow
GeneParmesan

Number of posts : 42
Hedonistic Glory : 4065
Joined In : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility   Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:11 am

This is in Vancouver? Damnit. Bloody radical feminists invading my turf. I should get involved with this shit. Take those bitches down a notch with some good old fashioned debating. God, they're an embarrassment to the human race.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27745
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility   Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 8:55 am

I liked that avatar you had for a brief while there, with you being a smoking cowgirl and whathaveyou
Back to top Go down
GeneParmesan
A Good Fellow
GeneParmesan

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility   Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:51 pm

Oh, thanks. It's actually me pretending to be Clint Eastwood, because he's badass. Wasn't sure if I should keep it though. GuyIncognito doesn't think I look as good with a beard.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27745
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility   Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:55 pm

But now we can match
Back to top Go down
GeneParmesan
A Good Fellow
GeneParmesan

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility   Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:05 pm

Yay! Awesome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility   Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 2:25 am

you guys look exisexular
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility   Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vancouver Men's Rights Group Encounterd Incredible Hostility
Page 1 of 1