Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I need to recruit a buckethead fan now

Go down 
+2
Lord Kur
breakyoudown
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27759
Joined In : 2008-08-28

I need to recruit a buckethead fan now Empty
PostSubject: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 12:39 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIb1gRXRdIE
Its 3 minutes
Watch it all- do it
I need to talk to someone about it but you guys are all like "nay"
But yes please enjoy
There is a monster solo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:40 pm

I alwas liked that song .
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:02 pm

In particular I need to convert Axe, Brute, or Styx
Those guys need to like this as well
Back to top Go down
Lord Kur
True Gentleman
Lord Kur

Number of posts : 1605
Hedonistic Glory : 7143
Joined In : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:40 pm

i don't get it
Back to top Go down
http://hatrednation.blogspot.com/
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147489034
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:55 pm

meh. Not that great.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

Number of posts : 7786
Hedonistic Glory : 12859
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 6:48 pm

I see him every year, i go see him next week actually.
Back to top Go down
Lord Kur
True Gentleman
Lord Kur

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 6:53 pm

and he just stands there and people pay to see him? why
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 6:59 pm

well, not really. He plays with other weird people and does play with a rubber chicken and toys and s*** during the show.
Back to top Go down
Lord Kur
True Gentleman
Lord Kur

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:00 pm

kinda like carrot top

i pass
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:02 pm

Oh, and there's alot of drugs done there lol.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 17334
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:47 pm

fine, you know what...gimmie the names of 10 songs that Buckethead kicks ass on.
dont give me like 5 posts. take your time. 10 songs that are amazing. 10 songs that you thing the brute-ster should listen to. ill give my fair assessment then
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:04 pm

Welcome to bucketheadland
Nottingham lace
Night of the slunk
Botnus
Big Sur Moon
Soothslayer
Brewer in the air
The GH2 version of Jordan is badass
The android of Notre damn
Whitewash

Go brute go
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:07 pm

got it. give me like an hour
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:08 pm

You're the man brute
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:15 pm

all in a youtube playlist. listening to the first track
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:18 pm

Thanks for being fair
I'll definitely have to do a hardcore Scar Symmetry review then
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:20 pm

haha
go go go, its a duel.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:21 pm

Tomorrow or soon
I need to finish these prank call videos i did lol
They are gifts- they enjoy my comedic jest
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:22 pm

fair enough.
tell you the truth, im enjoying it slightly.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:23 pm

You make me very happy
I mean f*** there so good
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18463
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:46 pm

Well

I will listen to this because you called me out. Not that I wouldn't have listened to a 30 second sample anyway....

but my problem with Buckethead has always been is poor stage act. I mean, come on. Connect with your audience a little, please.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:48 pm

i really dont care what a band does live. i judge them by the album. if the album sucks and they put on a bad live show, they suck. i dont care
argue with me. i dare you
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:07 pm

I know what you mean, but as a musician it is imperative that a musician can perform live.

If they can mix a studio album that sounds like they can play an instrument, like... say... DragonForce, but can't play live, then I cannot listen to that band or musician.

but this isn't really the same thing with Buckethead. I just get bothered at the whole supernatural persona thing. It's like he wants to be a spectacle, not a musician. But I haven't explored his music THAT MUCH, so I don't have an opinion about the music. Except, of course, that I cannot stand when musicians use killswitches
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:11 pm

Axeforhire wrote:
I know what you mean, but as a musician it is imperative that a musician can perform live.

If they can mix a studio album that sounds like they can play an instrument, like... say... DragonForce, but can't play live, then I cannot listen to that band or musician.

but this isn't really the same thing with Buckethead. I just get bothered at the whole supernatural persona thing. It's like he wants to be a spectacle, not a musician. But I haven't explored his music THAT MUCH, so I don't have an opinion about the music. Except, of course, that I cannot stand when musicians use killswitches

Okay, why has he come out with 35 albums? He is weird, but it's not like he wants attention. He plays at small venues for god sakes. And he can play all his stuff live, he just doesn't entertain people who like the whole "having to dance around or headbang thing". I use a Killswitch to cut out my pickups when i am just standing there not playing to. Using it for a musical sound is a bit far out I agree.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:12 pm

listened to byds recommendations the first time through. making pass #2

do the albums have a flow to them? or do the songs seem fairly random?
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:15 pm

link wrote:
Axeforhire wrote:

Okay, why has he come out with 35 albums? He is weird, but it's not like he wants attention. He plays at small venues for god sakes. And he can play all his stuff live, he just doesn't entertain people who like the whole "having to dance around or headbang thing". I use a Killswitch to cut out my pickups when i am just standing there not playing to. Using it for a musical sound is a bit far out I agree.

Just my opinions lol.

I'm not saying he isn't a musician, it just bothers me that he doesn't try to connect with the crowd. But, I will make an attempt to enjoy him.

As for a killswitch, I hate them. I want to make my music as natural as possible, by not adding things to the guitar to make certain sounds easier to make. I mean, it's good to have equipment but I don't agree with using a killswitch rather than doing in naturally
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:17 pm

Axeforhire wrote:
link wrote:
Axeforhire wrote:

Just my opinions lol.

I'm not saying he isn't a musician, it just bothers me that he doesn't try to connect with the crowd. But, I will make an attempt to enjoy him.

As for a killswitch, I hate them. I want to make my music as natural as possible, by not adding things to the guitar to make certain sounds easier to make. I mean, it's good to have equipment but I don't agree with using a killswitch rather than doing in naturally

And those were my opinions. He doesn't connect really because he has got something wrong with him. And killswitches are mainly meant to kill all the noise going to the pickups and just for standby purposes, not what Buckethead uses them for.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:19 pm

That's why I don't care for them, that's usually the main use. And I'm not saying my views are absolute, that's why I said they were just my opinions. I value your opinions, I don't want to change anyone's mind. I just wanted to explain myself, I don't want to sound like a troll "he sucks, he's a faggot". I like having reasoning
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:21 pm

i read the definition for killswitch nay a 100 times and i still dont get it
+2 rep for the first person to accurately and nicely tell me what it is
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:27 pm

You see, when you use an electric guitar, the sound will resonate through the amp even after you strike the note, sometimes for many, many seconds. Sometimes, you don't want the sound to go through, you just want the short note, so you push a button called a killswitch, and this cuts off the sound coming from the guitar. That way, the sound doesn't sustain like it would.

This makes for a very choppy sound, if you strum your guitar and push the killswitch rapidly
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:30 pm

i dont see how this is cheating. and plus rep to you sir.
but why all the controversy. the guitar sounds epic.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:33 pm

Well

You can get the chopping sound by muting the strings with your hands. Most of the bands you here, about 99% of them, don't use killswitches. But, some do. You can tell a difference, because muting the strings with your hands still makes a little bit of sound. A killswitch IMMEDIATELY cuts off all sound, so it sounds more synthetic.

It's just my style though, it's like any art form. Sometimes there's methods that not everyone agrees with
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:35 pm

well, the cubisim movement and the modern movement sucked in art, so i agree with you about it being a style of art. hell ill plus rep you for that stament as well. nice job

why do you hate it, are you a purist?
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:40 pm

lol thanks man

and yeah, I just like art to be more of a personal thing. I don't want to be bound by equipment. I want to be able to make that sound myself, because I know as humans we are able to make that sound ourselves. We don't need a piece of equipment to do it for us
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:46 pm

It isn't cheating so much as using it for musical expression. Axe name me 5 other bands that use a killswitch besides Buckethead and aren't influenced by Buckethead. You are into the whole "Pure" thing and I get that. Every band doesn't use them, and killswitches are mainly used just for cutting of sound, not for making a certain sound. I am stubborn when it comes to this stuff sorry.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:48 pm

i guess i have no problem with it cuse most of my pictures are over processed. so why cant my music be lol
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:48 pm

Rage Against the Machine is the only other one that comes to mind right now, but that's what I'm saying. Almost no one does it
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:49 pm

both bring up excellent points. we must now duel with pokemon cards to determine a winner
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:57 pm

I choose to bring out a real Charizard and to use Fire Storm. And I also dislike badly recorded music, if it has a weak sound to it, and the quality is low (my band's song was bad because the bass player is a horrible mixer), I get pissed.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:01 am

Who cares how they do it
They do it
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:13 am

Yes, but....

Dragonforce does it by using computers to speed up their music that they can't play. I guess they do it somehow, so we should all respect Dragonforce for their amazing musical ability...

/facepalm

I bet buckethead is great, but I'm just saying I don't like killswitches like that
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:21 am

If I could give Buckethead a hug, I would

Don't compare Buckethead to Dragonforce
Buckethead plays live outstandingly
Dragonforce does not lol

I defend my hero with honour
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:23 am

Buckethead records all his own stuff and doesn't speed it up. Dragonforce is the worse entity created by the music gods.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:27 am

Link is a cool dude
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:33 am

I try my best.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:36 am

Top 5 buckethead songs link?
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:40 am

Mine are

Can I Have A Ride? Just because it makes me laugh

The Way To Heaven

Welcome To Bucketheadland

Electronic Slight of Hand

Nottingham Lace
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:46 am

Not bad link not bad
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:49 am

Yours?
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:02 am

Axeforhire wrote:
Yes, but....

Dragonforce does it by using computers to speed up their music that they can't play. I guess they do it somehow, so we should all respect Dragonforce for their amazing musical ability...

/facepalm

I bet buckethead is great, but I'm just saying I don't like killswitches like that

yes....but....

buckethead can play the songs....he jsut needs equipment to better show off his talent, whereas dragonforce cannot play that fast.
catch my point?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need to recruit a buckethead fan now   I need to recruit a buckethead fan now I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need to recruit a buckethead fan now
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next