Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

how often do you drink?

Go down 
+4
Axe
GuyIncognito
Gwonam
breakyoudown
8 posters
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27758
Joined In : 2008-08-28

how often do you drink? Empty
PostSubject: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 7:28 pm

Since university I have drank way less. Even at parties I'll only have 2-3 drinks now. I value being fine the next day and more coherent over current fun. Has anyone less drank much less lately? If so why?
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 4796
Joined In : 2013-04-26

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 3:45 am

I drink almost every day of my life but I'm always fine the next day. I've never been to a party before so I don't really know what "social drinking" is. I don't drink the point of blatant inebriation so much to the point where I work up a relatively potent buzz. I can count only two times in my life I've been so drunk I had issues with recollection and both of those incidents were quite some time ago, heh
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 11:14 am

I've had several times where I have "blacked out".

Do you have water while you're drinking?

I've just found that at gatherings I've been to lately there are only one or two really drunk people there and they usually end up looking pretty silly and I'd rather that not be me
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 4:02 pm

I don't drink water coupled with alcohol, no. Not going to gatherings at all prevents the whole "looking stupid" thing, too - unless you're posting awful things on Facebook.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:48 pm

Are you drinking beer or hard liquor?

It seems I have a 75% chance of getting beer allergies every time I have it.

50% chance on everything else

It sucks

I do enjoy mojitos quite a bit. They aren't cheap though
Back to top Go down
GuyIncognito
True Gentleman
GuyIncognito

Number of posts : 1151
Hedonistic Glory : 6467
Joined In : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 7:13 pm

I don't drink at all. Never been buzzed
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18462
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 7:45 pm

I don't really "drink" anymore but I enjoy a couple drinks every now and then. Usually I'll have just one or two drinks to unwind or over dinner. Haven't had more than a very minor buzz in quite some time now. I used to drink a lot though but as I get older I realize I like being in control of myself
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13189
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 9:19 pm

I don't like getting drunk because I'm not fun to be around with and I just feel depressed. I'll have a drink or two and maybe work up a buzz rarely, but only when pretty much pressured into it. I prefer getting high to getting drunk by leagues.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 11:20 pm

I haven't been high in like three years. I don't really feel comfortable around people smoking out of bongs
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 1:22 am

I haven't smoked pot since I was 15 or so - I can't make a reasonable comparison between being drunk or being high anymore. I would be tempted to try it if I weren't trying to get interviews, etc.

Concerning my drinking, it's primarily beer (Guinness draught/extra stout, Rolling Rock, or Yuengling preferably) but every weekend or so I'll put some rum in the mix or something. I'm depressed enough as it is and I don't hang out with anyone so that all works just fine with my spiritual discomfort. Drinking alone is the only way to drink.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 1:13 pm

Gwonam man- is most of your sadness coming from your breakup?

Hang out with your bald friend and drink with him?
Back to top Go down
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13579
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 5:07 pm

ive never been one to get really drunk alot. Pretty sure I've only gotten to the point of a major hangover 3 times. I like getting buzzed and pot- strike a good balance- no hangover. I dont like hangovers so I avoid them. I usually drink just because I like the taste of beer. Most days its 1 or 2 beers. I honestly cant drink more than that physically haha. Too much fluid. If I'm with friends I'll some more.

The neat thing is, sometimes I don't need more than 2 or 3 beers because many of the beers my friends and I like are extremely alcoholic.

being drunk is fun though...just don't like the "After"
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 11:47 pm

I find sadness a trifling term that doesn't describe what I believe to be genuine spiritual discomfort. I'm thoroughly unsatisfied with life. It doesn't feel right to have accomplished what I have without some dizzying struggle for supremacy or intellect. I suppose the breakup only furthered my inclination towards the unfortunate truth that modern relationships coalesce from little but self-serving loneliness, a hard wired design to reproduce and a longing that can only be described as irrational.

People will insist that goals are necessary objects of satisfaction. The common argument against this mode of thought is that goals are temporary distractions - if you find yourself in a well enough economic, social and psychological situation, then there's very little you need to set yourself up for. Stagnancy occurs, but this is perhaps one of the biggest reasons why I drink. I'm disconnected from all non-essential portions of society. I don't drink to have fun. I drink because I have not much else to do. Quite frankly, I enjoy it like this; hazardous to my health as it may be, better this than trying to pretend I'm some tepid fool who tolerates everything but loves nothing.

Who knows? Maybe we all find something we love in the emptiness we foster. I'm not much better than irrationality if that's the case.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 3:53 pm

Do whatever makes you laugh more often - and try to do it with two other people. Good crowd to have a small gathering and get into some mischief and act silly.

I'm a huge goof and when I don't act like it I'm suffering
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 3:31 pm

When I can, I do that over the internet. Last night I drank more than I should have and Skyped with Taxer and Reivas. I don't think I've laughed that hard in years.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 4:01 pm

oooo. we should have a drinking game skype session.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 12:40 pm

Oh man. I remember one night 5 years ago I stayed up the entire night redoing this website's layout doing doing custom buttons

Good times
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 8:34 pm

while drunk?
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 12:39 am

Aha oh god no....Or at least I don't think so...

It was the layout before this one when everything was red
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

Number of posts : 7786
Hedonistic Glory : 12858
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 1:24 pm

I just fall asleep when I get shitty. Otherwise, I love beer and whisky haha.
Back to top Go down
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
Bloodbeast

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 7251
Joined In : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 6:28 pm

I don't drink anymore. There was a point that I would drink every weekend ranging from a few beers, to blackout. But I got acute alcohol poisoning a few weeks ago and now I have no desire.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:49 am

Did you go to the hospital? Or did you just throw up for a full day or something?
Back to top Go down
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
Bloodbeast

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 7:06 am

EMS was called by my roommate because I was apneic and cyanotic.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 12:37 am

that's pretty ridiculous dude. Does it just leave a bad taste in the mouth now? I can't stand the smell of hard liquor anymore... then again...maybe I never could ALSO HEY BLOODBEAST! How's it going?
Back to top Go down
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
Bloodbeast

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 8:31 pm

It‘s going, how has everyone been?
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 3:46 pm

bored mostly. not many on this here forum lately
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how often do you drink?   how often do you drink? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how often do you drink?
Page 1 of 1