Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An old dog returns (sans new tricks)

Go down 
+3
Taxer666
breakyoudown
Despotic Reign
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Despotic Reign
A Good Fellow
Despotic Reign

Number of posts : 60
Hedonistic Glory : 3892
Joined In : 2013-11-11

An old dog returns (sans new tricks) Empty
PostSubject: An old dog returns (sans new tricks)   An old dog returns (sans new tricks) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 6:42 pm

Yeah, I was the mighty, revered Dies Irae before things went to shit. Basically I got fucked with someone stealing my personal data (despite my usual vigilance) and my computer being raped by a virus, so I closed off all my accounts everywhere just in case, as I have no idea where it originated.

Totally fucked me over for a while, but life is back on track now, so I'm just checking in.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27742
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: An old dog returns (sans new tricks)   An old dog returns (sans new tricks) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 7:15 pm

Damn son - thought you were gone for good. What were the damages?
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13173
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: An old dog returns (sans new tricks)   An old dog returns (sans new tricks) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 7:19 pm

And here we thought you were a two-timing yellow-bellied scalawag. Welcome back boy, enjoy your stay and out Southern hospitality.
Back to top Go down
Despotic Reign
A Good Fellow
Despotic Reign

PostSubject: Re: An old dog returns (sans new tricks)   An old dog returns (sans new tricks) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 7:25 pm

I lost 6k originally, but my bank covered that after going through a massively tedious and frustrating process (that took 2 months) proving that I hadn't fucked up, I wasn't trying to deceive them, that someone else had stolen it (no one has been caught, they were pretty slick) and that I was a victim not a con artist.

Had to basically close and restart all of my accounts for pretty much everything... I was so paranoid for the longest time about what I did online etc. Anyway, without being positive I think they got me through Skype, and I know that some streamers that I watch have been DDoS and hacked through skype, so FYI be careful with that shit.
Back to top Go down
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13563
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: An old dog returns (sans new tricks)   An old dog returns (sans new tricks) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:18 pm

shit dude! welcome back though! How can people get you through skype? cuz now im scared about it. your scaring me. STOP SCARING ME
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27742
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: An old dog returns (sans new tricks)   An old dog returns (sans new tricks) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:45 pm

Was it a random person who got your skype account? Or was it someone you met on an online game or something?
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 4780
Joined In : 2013-04-26

PostSubject: Re: An old dog returns (sans new tricks)   An old dog returns (sans new tricks) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 9:20 am

Welcome back, sir. Identity theft is a terrible thing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8
Despotic Reign
A Good Fellow
Despotic Reign

PostSubject: Re: An old dog returns (sans new tricks)   An old dog returns (sans new tricks) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 9:37 am

LOR wrote:
shit dude!  welcome back though!  How can people get you through skype?  cuz now im scared about it.  your scaring me.  STOP SCARING ME
As far as I know you just need to be online and they know your skype name. It's been noted by various people in the games industry and elsewhere that skype is a joke when it comes to security.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18446
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: An old dog returns (sans new tricks)   An old dog returns (sans new tricks) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 9:58 am

Hey welcome back man! That's always a shitty situation. Had my identity stolen back of this too, but I had a lot less money stolen from my bank account. I guess whoever did it didn't realize a minimum wage taco-chef wasn't the best identity to assume
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13563
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: An old dog returns (sans new tricks)   An old dog returns (sans new tricks) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 1:08 pm

well...never logging into skype ever again
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor

PostSubject: Re: An old dog returns (sans new tricks)   An old dog returns (sans new tricks) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 5:12 pm

oh dude. saw the chick avatar, so ive been dancing with you like youre a new dude. but youre the old dude. imma fix m' sig then.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13173
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: An old dog returns (sans new tricks)   An old dog returns (sans new tricks) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 5:22 pm

ID theft blows.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

Number of posts : 7786
Hedonistic Glory : 12842
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: An old dog returns (sans new tricks)   An old dog returns (sans new tricks) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 5:18 pm

Welcome back, I love you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An old dog returns (sans new tricks)   An old dog returns (sans new tricks) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An old dog returns (sans new tricks)
Page 1 of 1