Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Games Discussion

Go down 
+7
LOR
ExtremeOverload
TheskyisblueFTW
Gwonam
Taxer666
Axe
breakyoudown
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27751
Joined In : 2008-08-28

General Games Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 1:17 pm

We need a thing like on most sections I think

Excited for GTA 5. However, I have a gift card to Staples for like $80 and I might buy $10 or $20 to the PSN network.
Was thinking about getting the original Silent Hill and possibly an old Final Fantasy game since I've never played either. They have like five FF games, would it be smart to get the best one or the oldest? If there is something better that could happen too. Pretty sure you could get a PS3 game for $20 on there but for some reason I'd rather have two classics
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 1:49 pm

FF9 is the one to get.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 2:26 pm

Is that PSone? I'll check if they have it tonight. I'm only certain of 5-6

I would image for this I'd want to switch to standard def and turn on the "game smoothing" option and use a memory utility
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18455
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 8:23 pm

You should download Chrono Trigger instead. And I think it's like five bucks. Better than any final fantasy game
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 12:27 am

It seems like PSone's greatest hits are all RPG's. A lot I've never heard of, I know that one has a big fanbase, then I have my friend ExtremeOverload in my ear saying its bad and to get Persona 4, but then I want to try a FF game, but not until after Silent Hill.

A lot of them seem to blend in y'know?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 5:37 am

Persona 4 is so impossibly Japanese it hurts. It's a good game, but it's not something I'd recommend for people to just dive into.

Chrono Trigger is an amazing game, but 20 hours is a little short for an RPG.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 1:08 pm

Have you ever played Catherine? That game is so chill, I loved it.

Playing a game when you go to a pub and drink until closing after every level. Now that is gameplay
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 1:10 pm

Catherine is only chill on normal difficulty. I've been trying for a 1000 gamerscore for months. Amazing game though.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 1:16 pm

You are a stronger man than I. I think thee....second last level, I needed a godamn Youtube playthrough to beat it. That was way too hard and you had less than 20 seconds to figure your shit out. I can't imagine trying to 100% that. Godamn son. I really liked it, it was a one of a kind game. You have to go completely freedom or completely order though. Any half-assing will give you a shitty ending

Atlas made Persona right? Are there any similar traits?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 5:27 pm

Trying to get my hands on pokemon: soul silver. hope they dont throw in all those faggoty new pokemon they invented after johto league. why the fuck are nintendo DS's still selling for between $50 and $200?
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13182
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:52 pm

4th gen is honestly the best competitive gen for Pokemon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:46 pm

Oh well that's cool and all, but I was just gonna catch em all. Dont really have anybody to compete with. And if I did, I feel like he would just help me be more aware of how pathetic it is that Im still playing pokemon. No matter what age he is. Competing against a 40-year old man - "is this my future?". Playing against a kid - "I'm trying to crush a child. Wtf am I doing with my life?"
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 11:07 pm

If you're 40 and playing Pokemon, then you must be a fucking Pokemon master.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 11:29 pm

+rep. couldnt have come up with such a good response for my bland-ass post.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 11:47 pm

Playing my first Rachet and Clank game, future tools of destruction. Game was a cake walk and then I got to the final level and its hard as hell. Final boss is frustrating as hell. Will try it again tomorrow. One of those finals where you're so busy you hard have time to attack
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:40 am

Man Mass Effect 3 has some unwarranted hate. This game is excellent.

As the series progresses you see that the cut out more and more bullshit and give you just a pure experience.
ME1: Too much running/driving from point A - B. Sidequests were too long
ME2: Forced you to scan every planet to save yourself from a bad ending
ME3: Little to know filler

Although finding flaws in these games are looking for moles on Kate Upton's back
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 4789
Joined In : 2013-04-26

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:53 pm

MGSV trailer made me shit a brick. poor Big Boss, honestly - we'll have to see if this is a forced hand sort of ordeal or if he really does lose his mind when it comes out

Kate Upton? man I thought everybody forgot about her already
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 1:18 pm

I had no idea there was a MGSV. Hopefully you can post links soon too.
I have number four on my self that I still need to play. I've only played the original so far. I'm not even going to worry about learning the back story because I probably wont get it.

Any idea if it's going to be on PS3/PS4? Both?

I played the remake of number one on Gamecube and it was pretty great. I would imagine in number four that they'd make the acting less cheesey. Sniper-Wolf was pretty great

Will give it a go after Mass Effect. It seems like as much time as I'm going to be playing it I'll be watching cutscenes

Kate is pretty old news she must be 19 by now
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 3:21 pm

lmfao @ "must be old + 19," yeah people aren't interested in that old bag anymore, need to find a new piece of jailbait to exploit on SI swimsuit magazines to get some ill-reputed "fame" on major news networks for no reason except "lol tits." i'm sure sports illustrated made a mint on her candy ass for a while before they realized skin sells, words don't - nobody needs another female celebrity talk show host. america, fuck yeah

MGSV is two games: Ground Zeroes, which is set almost immediately after Peace Walker and Phantom Pain which is roughly 9 years after the events of that game - allegedly they're two different games coming out simultaneously or some crap, I don't know the exact details on that

Kojima drops some relatively interesting things in the trailers for both games, most of all the base you helped construct in Peace Walker going to hell in a haze of bombs and gunfire from a shadow organization that is opposing Big Boss and his MSF unit, along with the fact that due to the events in GZ he ends up in a coma for 9 years

pretty fucking compelling stuff
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 7:33 pm

General Games Discussion  Iby0bnqgK3AA1q

So this is the trailer you are talking about correct? It's getting me pretty jacked up. I believe Sony made a collection of the first three games on a disc for PS3.

MG outclasses the genre by such a large margin. Splinter cell and Batman don't come close although Arkam Asylum wasn't too bad
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 8:34 am

that's the one. I shit a brick, I tell you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 8:24 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
Man Mass Effect 3 has some unwarranted hate. This game is excellent.

As the series progresses you see that the cut out more and more bullshit and give you just a pure experience.
ME1: Too much running/driving from point A - B. Sidequests were too long
ME2: Forced you to scan every planet to save yourself from a bad ending
ME3: Little to know filler

Although finding flaws in these games are looking for moles on Kate Upton's back
ME1 - had something the others didnt. A perfectly, WONDERFULLY complex system for personalizing combat. You could put damage modifiers on your guns, you understood exactly how strong your biotic powers and shields were going to be and you could even choose different armors and grenade types.

I could roll up on a group o bitches, toss in my personalized grenade, and start shooting. In a flash of green light, every bitch on the scene is poisoned, preventing health regeneration. Just then, I put my pistol on full auto and start pumping torrents of cryo-bullets into them lil' shits. Only the strongest bithes remain. Time to use my biotic powers. My warp, singularity and throw are fully upgraded, so I just start throwing them around. I bought my ass this sexcellent biotic amp. My power regeneration's off the hizzle, so they dont even get a chance to fire. Bitches aint shit. Nobody fucks with ME1 Sheppard.

ME2 - Combat system gets really cool, but leveling up is simplified for 3-year-olds and COD fans. notthesame Sad

ME3 - Perfect blend of everything good they've ever done. On top of that, huge arsenal of differential weapons, gorgeous environments, bla, bla, tonguemyasshole. People bitch about the ending like it diminishes the experience. Yeah, I was kinda disappointed, but still so excellent. I mean c'mon.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 11:12 pm

ME1- The combat system was both its strength and its weakness. The combat was by far the best but it had an excessive amount of shit you had to sort through that I could've done without. You'd scroll through endless amounts of guns with only mildly difference between them. That being said playing as a Solider was tons of fun. Leveling up the shotgun to max so that you can pretty much snipe with it was awesome. Also Wrex was the best partner. But seriously, those tank parts were awful. Remember how fucking massive the Citadel was? It took like 15 minutes to walk across it, much needed shrinkage. Still easily a 9/10 game. I maxed out lift, that shit was cash

ME2- Easy mode- little to no bosses. You could do everything in one or two tries. Side missions were a million times better

ME3- The sidemissions in this game are better than story campaigns for most games. This is a blast so far. Bioware, don't fucking worry about MORPG's and online bullshit. Make singleplayer games you are gods

Also, I am never going to play as an engineer. What is this science class?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 4:04 am

breakyoudown wrote:
ME1- The combat system was both its strength and its weakness. The combat was by far the best but it had an excessive amount of shit you had to sort through that I could've done without. You'd scroll through endless amounts of guns with only mildly difference between them. That being said playing as a Solider was tons of fun. Leveling up the shotgun to max so that you can pretty much snipe with it was awesome. Also Wrex was the best partner. But seriously, those tank parts were awful. Remember how fucking massive the Citadel was? It took like 15 minutes to walk across it, much needed shrinkage. Still easily a 9/10 game. I maxed out lift, that shit was cash

ME2- Easy mode- little to no bosses. You could do everything in one or two tries. Side missions were a million times better

ME3- The sidemissions in this game are better than story campaigns for most games. This is a blast so far. Bioware, don't fucking worry about MORPG's and online bullshit. Make singleplayer games you are gods

Also, I am never going to play as an engineer. What is this science class?

Yeah youre right. And engineer sucks, but in ME2 and ME3, Sentinel is a really strong class because tech armor rocks sealdick
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 9:47 am

What partners do you usually bring?

ME1- Wrex/Garrus or Wrex/Liara
ME2- Honestly everyone is cool as hell here, I rotate nearly eveyone but Tali, I don't find her the least bit interesting. Mordin is hilarious
ME3- Garrus/Liara. Giant meh to everyone else
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 5:32 pm

Garrus was always my favorite and our bromance was beautiful, but I was fucking Liara. So in
ME1 - Garrus and Wrex/Liara
ME2 - Mordin/Mirranda and Garrus - hated Jack. as a character. cool backstory, though.
ME3 - Liara and Garrus

Garrus every time, so I teared up a bit when we were palling around at the citadel.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:38 am

Garrus's entrance in the second game was legendary. When I found out he was archangel I pretty much cried.

The second game was bullshit good. I need to buy the first two again. I had them for Xbox and lost them on the convert to PS3. Here's how I'd try to order the teammates:
Garrus
Thane/Grunt
Mirranda/Mordin
Samara
Jacob
Legion (comes in so late)
Jack

Tali

What happens if you get some of these guys killed in the second one? Is the third game just a complete fucking disaster? When I played ME2 I actually got Thane killed because I'm dumb as hell and sent him to lead a fleet. So when the game casually asked me how many guys Shepard lost I just picked Ashley. So I'm guessing the game just chooses the rest of the choices for me?
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician
TheskyisblueFTW

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 9074
Joined In : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 9:16 pm

I've been playing LEague of Legends too much lately.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!
ExtremeOverload

Number of posts : 972
Hedonistic Glory : 6401
Joined In : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:56 am

Ya'll motherfuckers need monster hunter.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:43 pm

I'll probably be gaming a bit more now that the Leafs are out of the playoffs. Jesus Christ Mass Effect is long. Playing this game for about 20 minutes a day gets you almost nowhere. If I want to make strides in it you have put in sessions of an hour or two at least. It's kind of neat how they want you to revisit the citadel a few times to meet people but usually you only really end up speaking to people and of course most of the time my paragon isn't high enough to complete the mission properly.

Will probably attack my God of War Origins games after this. Need something fast paced when I finish this
Back to top Go down
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13572
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 1:21 pm

if only i didn't hate the new gens of pokemon...but this looks sick. its like my childhood on steroids
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 2:57 pm

Not our fault man. The new gens of pokemon are balls-to-the-walls retarded.
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician
TheskyisblueFTW

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 4:41 pm

Pokemon in General is retarded, but we still play that shit. 4th gen is like the best one.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 5:25 pm

I'm a huge pokemon fan. Always have and always will be. The only gen I didn't like was 3rd gen tbh, shit sucked. Looking forward to X and Y.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:46 pm

i didnt like any pokemon they invented after jhoto league. im oldschool like that.
Back to top Go down
GuyIncognito
True Gentleman
GuyIncognito

Number of posts : 1151
Hedonistic Glory : 6460
Joined In : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:23 pm

All I know about video games right now is that I want GTA 5
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 9:38 am

Cousin! Lets go bowling
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 12:22 pm

BEEG AMERICAN TEETEES
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 1:18 pm

I like how when you meet Little Jacob you're like, "Man I need to put subtitles on I can't understand this rasta". Then you meet his buddy badman and there is little to no hoping of understanding what the fuck he is saying. Reading the subtitles almost makes it worse
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician
TheskyisblueFTW

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 5:51 pm

Gravy Gulper wrote:
i didnt like any pokemon they invented after jhoto league. im oldschool like that.

All the new Dragon Types are so badass:

General Games Discussion  373Salamence
General Games Discussion  384Rayquaza
General Games Discussion  635Hydreigon

I really like the designs of a lot of the Hoen Pokemon but they're just not that good, and after that some of designs got flat out stupid like the icecream pokemon and the garbage pokemon.

Last edited by TheskyisblueFTW on Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 6:23 pm

The garbage pokemon is the best.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13572
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 2:22 am

there's an ice cream pokemon?

i feel like thats an attempt to kill my childhood- that's just fucking insulting
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor
fazango
Enigma
fazango

Number of posts : 37
Hedonistic Glory : 4063
Joined In : 2013-05-13

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 5:56 am

I hate the new gens too, and they're technically supposed to be my generation's generations of Pokemon but I won't play anything after FireRed/LeafGreen.

But did you guys see the deer/stag thing at the end of that video trailer Lor posted? omg it's beautiful lol what's it called

and i googled ice cream pokemon:

General Games Discussion  200px-584Vanilluxe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 11:40 am

TheskyisblueFTW wrote:
Gravy Gulper wrote:

All the new Dragon Types are so badass:

I really like the designs of a lot of the Hoen Pokemon but they're just not that good, and after that some of designs got flat out stupid like the icecream pokemon and the garbage pokemon.

thing is, they dont look like pokemon at all. they have an entirely different aesthetic from the origional pokemon. these are too purposefully badass. more like digimon. its like theyre trying too hard to stay popular.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 11:54 am

Man Pigeoto was one American mother fucker
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:05 pm

ohgod youre right. with the mullet and all, no im picturing him in a biker jacket with sunglasses and a bandanna.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 8:52 am

General Games Discussion  RBP8vsk
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician
TheskyisblueFTW

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 4:07 pm

Majora's Mask is the shit.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 4:35 pm

Going through Skyrim again. Trying out magic for the first time in my life. Spend half the game switching from bow to different spells and daggers and that bullshit
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 5:40 pm

I have a ton of Steam games that I don't play. I need to fix that come summer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next