Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's up?

Go down 
+5
LOR
PortraitOfSanity
breakyoudown
link
McCheesey
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
McCheesey

McCheesey

Number of posts : 8
Hedonistic Glory : 4475
Joined In : 2012-02-10

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:28 pm

How's it hangin'? I'm Jordan, I'm 16, and I listen to death metal.
(+ for captivating intro? Wink )

Anyways, I joined this forum the first time back in 2008 when I was just a really young child discovering metal (at the time I only listened to mainstream hard rock Bahaha), and I posted quite a bit. I only remember BreakYouDown and ImendiaBurzum off the top of my head, but a lot of people have joined since I left...

I'm a drummer for a Death Metal cover band, but we only play songs that our "Front-man" likes. So, I'm stuck playing Asking Alexandria, blessthefall, and All That Remains for the time being, but I do enjoy much more hardcore, and much less "faggoty", metal. I also like deadmau5 and progressive house, but I know this isn't the place to be posting about it xD

Therefore, this is my introduction, and I look forward to having 'brutal' times with some mates.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/a7xskullz
link
Deliciously Fat
link

Number of posts : 7786
Hedonistic Glory : 12841
Joined In : 2008-09-05

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:09 pm

All That Remains isn't that bad haha. But yeah, the rest of that shit sucks. Name off dome death metal you like? I'm Link by the way.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27741
Joined In : 2008-08-28

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:54 pm

Welcome back haha
Back to top Go down
McCheesey

McCheesey

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:32 pm

link wrote:
Name off dome death metal you like? I'm Link by the way.

I'm big into Slayer, which is probably nearing cliche around here, but it's true. Same with In Flames (except their new album) and At the Gates. Some more bands are All Shall Perish, Behemoth, Carnifex, Dark Tranquility, Glass Casket, some Job For a Cowboy, Misery Index, a little Soulfly here and there (used to be my favorite band for ages), Svart Crown and some Whitechapel.
Back to top Go down
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar
PortraitOfSanity

Number of posts : 2195
Hedonistic Glory : 7899
Joined In : 2009-03-11

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 2:31 pm

Kill it with fire!
Back to top Go down
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13562
Joined In : 2010-05-01

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 2:37 pm

WELCOME!!!! yeah, try not to be scared off by some peoples comments. people have different definitions of death metal here. (to the boards) any recommendations for him? i can think of a couple off the top of my head but i think ill leave it to the bigger death metal fans
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar
PortraitOfSanity

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 2:40 pm

Listen to Dissection's "Storm of the Light's Bane" for 48 hours straight on repeat. We'll go from there.

Oh, and throw in some Origin for good measure if you start to get light-headed.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

Number of posts : 7786
Hedonistic Glory : 12841
Joined In : 2008-09-05

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 3:15 pm

McCheesey wrote:
link wrote:
Name off dome death metal you like? I'm Link by the way.

I'm big into Slayer, which is probably nearing cliche around here, but it's true. Same with In Flames (except their new album) and At the Gates. Some more bands are All Shall Perish, Behemoth, Carnifex, Dark Tranquility, Glass Casket, some Job For a Cowboy, Misery Index, a little Soulfly here and there (used to be my favorite band for ages), Svart Crown and some Whitechapel.

Portrait has a good point, but I say that is a good start sir. I would say get some stuff a little heavier, start with Fleshgod Apocolypse, they were on the Summer Slaughter tour.
Back to top Go down
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar
PortraitOfSanity

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 3:24 pm

The only good stuff on there is the melodeath. Everything else must be purged, and replaced. Not even a single death metal band on there, in fact. Which is funny, after he started out saying he listened to death metal...

Never fear grasshopper, we got this.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:48 pm

well if hes into melodeath, then he should probably get into insomnium, wintersun and eluveitie (i know about the hate, but who knows he could like them)
Back to top Go down
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar
PortraitOfSanity

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:34 pm

I like Eluveite a lot actually. I'm definitely an unapologetic melodeath fan boy. Insomnium is also good.

I'm just giving death recommendations because he's into bad deathcore, so if he hears the real stuff he'll give up on the shit.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:49 am

PortraitOfSanity wrote:
I like Eluveite a lot actually. I'm definitely an unapologetic melodeath fan boy. Insomnium is also good.

I'm just giving death recommendations because he's into bad deathcore, so if he hears the real stuff he'll give up on the shit.

i actually wasnt aware of that. i saw them live last year. they played great but there wasnt a good turn out. i felt bad Sad

i know there are other melodeath bands i like, but cant think of them... i like blackened stuff more.
Back to top Go down
McCheesey

McCheesey

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 1:04 am

To tell you the truth, I just listed what I have on my iTunes haha. I like both Insomnium and Origin.
Back to top Go down
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar
PortraitOfSanity

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:44 am

Back to top Go down
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar
PortraitOfSanity

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:46 am

You'll probably like Kronos as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGQAEgS3dOU
Back to top Go down
McCheesey

McCheesey

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:55 am

^ Both songs kick Ass!
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 12174
Joined In : 2009-02-18

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:13 am

Welcome aboard. Dark Tranquility is amazing. Do you like Amon Amarth? They are my other favorite melodic death metal band, most likely.

I also like Origin. I don't know why. And Gorgasm. Those two bands are about all I listen to for death metal. And maybe Necrophobic or something. Gorgasm is delicious IMO. The name couldn't be more fitting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opVFJwEVDiM

Then there is Anaal Nathrakh with exciting and lively music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cfskAGScbA

Etc. I don't listen to that much metal any more. I listen to Armored Core soundtracks and construct Yugioh decks. Batteryman is decent for budget.

http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=88178
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18445
Joined In : 2009-01-21

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:21 am

N... n.... not... not much.... metal?!
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:34 pm

VR....i thought you were a respectable magic player....yugioh?..... im pretty dissapoint.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 12174
Joined In : 2009-02-18

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 1:08 pm

I'll respond in the video games section to avoid hijacking this thread.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 13773
Joined In : 2009-10-26

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 10:13 pm

Welcome good sir!! Please become a regular poster, we don't seem to have too many of those at the moment....

I be Dark. I have a stupid name that I wish I could change but I was 14/15 when I made it so shush yer face. I'm Scottish which everyone finds amusing and I like prog and shit. Devin Townsend is my Jesus. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RmEn

RmEn

Number of posts : 19
Hedonistic Glory : 4477
Joined In : 2012-02-19

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:08 pm

yo guys im new and i just wanted to say somethin bout me...im REALLY sociable nd sometimes rude maybe so i might just jump in the discussions and say something... beer
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:24 pm

good
Back to top Go down
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar
PortraitOfSanity

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:33 pm

Where do we dig up these people?
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:55 pm

Welcome travelers.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:08 pm

Also, tell us what bands you like etc so we can talk to you about music and stuff.
Back to top Go down
RmEn

RmEn

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:04 am

so bands i like...first of all i should say i LOVE metallica!i love them!then i like opeth,black sabbath,slayer,megadeth,slipknot,dream theater,trivium and a lot more...i also love john petrucci,joe satriani,steve vai and many more...
Back to top Go down
RmEn

RmEn

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:05 am

i also really love evanescence theyre not metal but still theyre really cool and the foo fighters are kinda cool too...
Back to top Go down
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar
PortraitOfSanity

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:47 pm

RmEn wrote:
so bands i like...first of all i should say i LOVE metallica!i love them!then i like opeth,black sabbath,slayer,megadeth,slipknot,dream theater,trivium, john petrucci,joe satriani,steve vai

I'd love to congratulate you on liking Sabbath, but I can't due to the fact that you like the rest.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:09 pm

i like opeth. im neutral on dream theater
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:36 pm

Wow we're so welcoming to new members....

Try to ignore the more trollish members they're only joshin ya. I think Opeth are pretty fantastic, as you can see from my avatar. They're one of my favourite bands probably only topped by Iron Maiden. Very Happy I'll also admit to being somewhat of a Trivium fan and I've seen them live twice, although I've been a little disappointed with them as of late. I must ask...what was your opinion of In Waves?

Also, gimme some pre-Load Metallica and I will fucking love that shit. The rest I'm not too fussed about.

Oh yeah and have a free band recommendation! Very Happy Let's see....hmm....I think it'll be Dark Tranquility for you.

Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:06 pm

im pretty neutral on metallica but i give it a go every now and then. there a meh band for me.

yo dark, have u checked out swallow the sun yet? thats my new fix right now
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Tyler linked me a song on Facebook and I remember actually thinking it was very very good. I've not really been getting into a lot of new bands recently and it's been kinda frustrating me. I'll give them another listen and see if I can get into them.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:49 pm

Listening to Sleepless Swans now. Fuckin dayum. Indeed I like this very much. Thanking you kind sir. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:50 pm

Also just noticed this...

RmEn wrote:
the foo fighters are kinda cool too...

Foo Fighters are fucking immense man. One of my favourite bands without question and probably tied with Maiden for the best band I've seen live.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:39 pm

Darkflame wrote:
Listening to Sleepless Swans now. Fuckin dayum. Indeed I like this very much. Thanking you kind sir. Very Happy

WELCOME beer
Back to top Go down
RmEn

RmEn

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:44 pm

about in waves...havent listened to the album but the track...wasnt bad but cant really say loved it...
Back to top Go down
RmEn

RmEn

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:00 pm

nd where do u usually download metal albums?i always download them track by track...
Back to top Go down
RmEn

RmEn

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:13 pm

so what was ur name?like portraitofsanity?u dont even like metallica?!!how CAN someone who likes metal not like metallica?????? Shocked
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:58 pm

its cuz we think for ourselves
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:01 pm

also dont take anything too personal. im one of the resident power/folk/prog lovers here so i get alot of crap. take it in stride, because no one is really trying to offend...cept taxer lol
Back to top Go down
RmEn

RmEn

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:49 pm

hahayeasureiwasjustboredandiwantedtowritesomething! lol!
sorry bout that!nd i think dark tranquility's pretty cool in fact headbanger
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27741
Joined In : 2008-08-28

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:06 pm

This guys going far here
Back to top Go down
RmEn

RmEn

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:10 pm

haha yea maybe! affraid
Back to top Go down
RmEn

RmEn

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:21 pm

infact they're great thanks darkflame! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:48 pm

Glad I could help. Very Happy They're one of the best melodeath bands out there without question. Even Taxer likes them.

About In Waves...I fucking HATE the title track. I still think it's probably the worst thing they've ever written. It's metalcore by numbers; one breakdown almost throughout the entire song broken up only by horrible melodic parts, which is something I thought Trivium were above. The album overall isn't as bad, there are a few decent songs but it's certainly not up to par with Shogun or Ascendancy.

As for downloading albums...do you mean *ehem*...um...legally...?
Back to top Go down
RmEn

RmEn

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 1:16 pm

hell i just mean FREE bro!...infact if u've checked my location i dont live in a country that the copyright law is really important...the only good thing about my country is that I CAN BUY XBOX GAMES FOR ABOUT 3$!!!! 🤣
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Haha well in that case, the way I do it is by searching for "*band name* *album name* blogspot" in Google and most of the results end up having download links. You may have to be careful with a few dodgy links (try going for sites like Mediafire, Rapidshare and Megaupload) but I've never encountered any problems.

Wait...didn't we get in trouble for this before?

Metal & Entertainment does not condone piracy.
Back to top Go down
RmEn

RmEn

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:25 pm

haha thanks i should try that blogspot thing for searching too...never tried it that way
Back to top Go down
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar
PortraitOfSanity

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 3:45 am

http://www.psychocydd.co.uk/torrents.php for torrents.

And regarding Metallica. If someone turns on Justice while I'm in their car, I won't complain. But other than that....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What's up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up?   What's up? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's up?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next