Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi I am New here!

Go down 
+4
LOR
Darkflame
Axe
DaRKuN
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DaRKuN

DaRKuN

Number of posts : 3
Hedonistic Glory : 4606
Joined In : 2011-10-12

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:17 pm

Hello I want to introduce myself, I'm Teo, you can call me DaRkuN, I am new in this forum. I just learned how to play 'Nothing Else Matters' (Acoustic Version).. It took me 2 days. (: .
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18460
Joined In : 2009-01-21

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:34 pm

Moved to Introduce Yourself

Welcome Darkun! I've never tried playing that song but it seems pretty challenging. What are some of your favorite bands?
Back to top Go down
DaRKuN

DaRKuN

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:38 pm

Escape The Fate,Falling in Reverse,3 doors down, Three days Grace, All that Remains, Asking Alexandria, Breaking Benjamin, Bullet for my Valentine, Celldweller,Fei Comod, Gregory and The Hawk, Hinder,Hollywood Undead,In Flames,kamelot,Linkin Park,Metallica,My Chemical Romance,Never shout Never,Paramore,Scary Kids Scaring Kids,Sanctus Real,Secondhand Serenade,Seether,Sick Puppies,Simple Plan, Story of the year,Sum 41,Thousand Foot Krutch,The Rasmus,Without.Directive,12 stones,A Day To Remember,Elena Siegman,A Fine Frenzy,Adelitas Way,Arctic Monkeys,Avenged Sevefold,Aviatic,Eyes set to kill,Dishwalla,Burden of a Day,Coal Chamber,Crossfade,Flyleaf,FM Static,Stratovarius,Helio,Mayday Parade,Thirty Seconds to Mars,Incubus,Iron Maiden,Madrugada,MintJam,Miss May I,Motionless in White,Nightwish,Pierce The Veil,Plain White T's,Radiohead,Red Hot Chili Peppers,Rise Against,Third eye Blind,SR71,Silverstein,Hikaru Utada,Sixx-A.M,Skille,tSonic Syndicate,SlipKnot,Lifehouse,System of a Down,Tenacious D,The Beatles,The Connels,The Offspring, The Perfect Measure,Trivium,Versa Emerge,We Get the Light,The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. Hoahaoo, a lot!
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:45 pm

You like a few pretty cool bands. I'm a pretty big fan of Kamelot and Nightwish for sure. Have you ever heard of Insomnium? Just released a new record and it sounds great, here's a song if you haven't listened to them before

Back to top Go down
DaRKuN

DaRKuN

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:13 pm

Thanks I'll check them out Smile
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 13788
Joined In : 2009-10-26

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:03 pm

Oh man Taxer is gonna rip this guy to pieces...

By that I mean welcome!! Very Happy Check out Insomnium. They are an incredible band. Also Opeth if you've never given them a listen. We need to purge some of that Falling In Reverse from you.

Back to top Go down
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13577
Joined In : 2010-05-01

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:08 pm

o no....

i hope taxer never sees this thread ever... or some others

dear sir, you listen to kamelot. that is all i need to know about you. you are a friend

if prog/power metal is in your alley may i suggest a few bands. and also suggest the folk metal as a genre. (taxer will love this thread... i can tell already)

blind guardian- favoritist power metal band along with kamelot and sonata arctica

sonata arctica- super catchy happy fun time power metal

EQUILIBRIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (thats how i say it in my head). i would post their discography if i wanted... which i do, but i will refrain

ensfierum- more folk metal

eluveitie- even more folk metal, deathy elements

summoning- atmospheric black metal... just gonna throw this in here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBfkDH3F1GA

i also second insomnium and opeth from previous posts.... or third them... w/e

freedom call- if your lactose intolerant, i would avoid this. but damn it i love cheese

diablo swing orchestra- i dont think anyone here likes these guys besides me. give em a shot though. they jazz swing opera latin etc etc etc metal. they have something genre bending in every song. this is a pretty normal one for them

finntroll- oompa folk metal. pretty standard song for someone trying to get into them. have to post it.

im already decreeing this taxers favorite thread. ill post more obscure bands later if your interested just to balance out all the taxer-hated bands i just listed. these bands i think are pretty standard though if you like that kind of thing if you havent already heard of them. so yeah. WELCOME TO THE FORUM NONBOT PERSON
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27756
Joined In : 2008-08-28

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 9:44 am

Hello there lad
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:41 am

Equilibrium, Ensiferum and Blind Guardian are strongly encouraged from me too Hi I am New here! 403820

Also, not to add to the mounds of bands you're being supplied with, but with your tastes, you're fairly likely to enjoy Protest The Hero.

Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:03 pm

o yeah. i second protest.

man taxer will be all over this thread
Back to top Go down

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:13 pm

Welcome! ^ If you don't like TICtP you don't like music.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13187
Joined In : 2009-11-24

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:24 am

Taxer666 wrote:

man... i was waiting a couple days for this post... and i have to say... im actually dissapointed

i think i let my expectations run away with me.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 12189
Joined In : 2009-02-18

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 3:35 am

By letting down your expectations he has trolled you. He saw that the opportunity to troll you guys was bigger than the opportunity to troll the new member.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 3:35 am

welcome to the fucking forums darkun
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 3:38 am

taxer is the resident troll by the way. new members have to survive him to become permanent members, but we all eagerly await your sustenance through said tribulations. also i normally capitalize and use grammr, but im super super lazy right now.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 8:31 am

VacuousReality wrote:
By letting down your expectations he has trolled you. He saw that the opportunity to troll you guys was bigger than the opportunity to troll the new member.

but im not mad... just... un-impressed
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:57 am

Taxer's like an initiation test. I think he may not be coming back now though....it's been a few days.... Sad
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:07 pm

that post was from yesterday
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 4:13 pm

Something tells me we scared away the new member
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 5:29 pm

Good, we already have enough falses.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 7:11 pm

Axe wrote:
Something tells me we scared away the new member

i think we scared him by saying that there was someone who would scare him. haha. we good at keeping members
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 7:23 pm

LOR wrote:
that post was from yesterday
QUIET YOU.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 4:07 pm

I already assume new members will leave after the first few days. It almost always ends up that way =(.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 4:42 pm

its cuz we weird
Back to top Go down
ChrizLove

ChrizLove

Number of posts : 8
Hedonistic Glory : 4593
Joined In : 2011-10-28

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Hi   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:52 am

Hey Guys

I'm new here. I thought it would be really pretty to meet other metal fans online, because my group of friends over here just listen to the same music Wink
So if you can give me some nice tips, it would be pretty^^

Maybe I'll make a cover of one of my favorites...

Rock on!
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:55 pm

welcome to the forum! what do you listen to before we start recommending stuff?
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 6:43 am

I too like pretty things, so here are some nice tips:

1) If you have to do something challenging then it helps to have some confidence, but confidence because you're going to give it an honest effort.
2) A mistake provides a good learning opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 7:28 am

If you're a false, don't entry. Simple as that.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 7:38 am

lol
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27756
Joined In : 2008-08-28

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 11:59 am

Hello Chriz
Back to top Go down
ChrizLove

ChrizLove

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 3:09 pm

@LOR
Well... I listen to Within Temptation, Dream Theater, Epica, Sonata Arctica, Metallica, Gun's 'n Roses (just a few tracks)...

I hope you can find them on youtube:P

Greetzz
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 3:10 pm

well then i can already say i like you. sonata arctice is one of my favorite bands. and i saw epica live last november.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 3:15 pm

LOR wrote:
o no....

some of this is folk metal with harsh vocals that you may or may not be into. decided to repost them. power metal fans usually have tendency to like folk metal as well.

if prog/power metal is in your alley may i suggest a few bands. and also suggest the folk metal as a genre. (taxer will love this thread... i can tell already)

blind guardian- favoritist power metal band along with kamelot and sonata arctica

EQUILIBRIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (thats how i say it in my head). i would post their discography if i wanted... which i do, but i will refrain

ensfierum- more folk metal

i also second insomnium and opeth from previous posts.... or third them... w/e

freedom call- if your lactose intolerant, i would avoid this. but damn it i love cheese

diablo swing orchestra- i dont think anyone here likes these guys besides me. give em a shot though. they jazz swing opera latin etc etc etc metal. they have something genre bending in every song. this is a pretty normal one for them

finntroll- oompa folk metal. pretty standard song for someone trying to get into them. have to post it.

kamelot- one of my favorite bands ever. totally check em out if your into the dark/gothic themes and stuff. its power/prog metal. they have two albums dedicated to the stry of faust this being one of them

Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 1:41 pm

ChrizLove wrote:
@LOR
Well... I listen to Within Temptation, Dream Theater, Epica, Sonata Arctica, Metallica, Gun's 'n Roses (just a few tracks)...

I hope you can find them on youtube:P

Greetzz
Pretty sure everyone here knows those bands fairly well Very Happy

Agreed with LOR's choices. Try some folk and power metal. This may be up your alley too.

Back to top Go down
ChrizLove

ChrizLove

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 3:37 pm

Uhu, I like that too... Before I came into the metal I listened really much stuff like Enya and Moya Brennan (her sister).
But does anyone know here a good symphonic metal band exepting the bands I wrote? 'Cause I like that really much... Well I'm in for trying out new stuff, but always the folk melodies in your head is also not very nice (when I like a song I can hear it in my head for weeks!:S)

thanks^^
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 6:44 pm

kamelot, epica, nightwish, stratovarious, rhapsody of fire, equilibrium, equilibrium, equilibrium, kamelot, kamelot, epica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgNoadKcIWg&feature=related

give it a real listen. you said symphonic- their aint nothing more symphonic then this.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 6:46 pm

o and adagio and darkmoor are also worth mentioning
Back to top Go down
ChrizLove

ChrizLove

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:41 am

Wow....
Equilibrium is really fantastic!

Oh I like the flute in this song.... I gonna try to play this too^^

*sees herself with her flute thinking: HOW I HAVE TO PLAY???*

Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:36 am

ChrizLove wrote:
Wow....
Equilibrium is really fantastic!

Oh I like the flute in this song.... I gonna try to play this too^^

*sees herself with her flute thinking: HOW I HAVE TO PLAY???*

WOOOOOOO. I am very pleased that you enjoy equilibrium as they are one of my top 5 favorite bands.
Back to top Go down
ChrizLove

ChrizLove

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:01 pm

Hahaha Wink

Well, I saw your Myspace page... You're a music composer?
I always try, but I only play really classic guitar and nothing what's really metal-like...
But it sounds great^^

Yeah, and money is always a problem. Most musicans need it to survive.
That's why I didn't start a music education at high-school level.... But I still want to write my own songs.

May I ask where you get the inspiration from?:$
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:14 pm

thanks for checking out us out. i didnt really specifically write that for you to check us out its just my sig but thanks anyway. haha.

inspiration... hmmm... interesting subject. i dont know if i really want to talk about it to be honest as its feels exposing. but being in a power metal band i might be able to write off alot of it as fantasy-oriented inspired stuff. though im not sure how much of that is actually true. in terms of bands that influence me, its pretty much the stuff i recommended you.

classical guitar is pretty sweet btw. and yeah money is always an issue but i decided to go with music anyway, after all, its not about the money, though my parents would cringe at the statement... though they do understand.
Back to top Go down
ChrizLove

ChrizLove

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:24 pm

well,
my parents didn't understand me... So I had to choose for something else. Now I'm studying life sciences... Really a heavy thing.

Okay, well I'm gonna try something to write I think...
but it's really difficult to think about guitars, drums etc. I play most of the time solo classic guitar...
How big the difference can be???
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:59 pm

You'd be surprised at the amount of parallels a lot of metal has with classical music. Get good at classical guitar and you might find that you'd be able to play some fairly advanced metal songs.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 12:00 am

but the range is limited cuz of fret access
Back to top Go down
ChrizLove

ChrizLove

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:28 am

My classical guitar is pretty good....
It's a nylon-string and I also can plug it in...Razz
One time at high school I had to play with my band from the music class for all the teachers at christmas.
One of the songs was "jingle bell rock". The first time really slow and I just played together with the bass and drums. But after that we did an switch of instruments and we just gave them the most powerfull jingle bell rock you can have (I have to say it was more metal....) But the only thing I did was switching between clean and distortion:P

Another question....
With what kind of songs you think I can start?

Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:55 am

anything you think you can play
Back to top Go down
ChrizLove

ChrizLove

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 1:11 pm

I just gonna try something...
Uhm... Well, I can choose for so many things... And I always can't make a choice Razz
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 1:44 pm

just pick whatever song your into right now. thats probably the best way to do it. and if you cant play it, then i guess go on from there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi I am New here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am New here!   Hi I am New here! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi I am New here!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Preposterous Palaver and Infinite Jest :: Announce and Acquaint Your Good Selves!-
Jump to: