Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hey I'm BYD

Go down 
+2
Taxer666
breakyoudown
6 posters
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27756
Joined In : 2008-08-28

Hey I'm BYD Empty
PostSubject: Hey I'm BYD   Hey I'm BYD I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:40 am

Hello I'm a 20 year old guy from Ontario and I created this forum. I have done a number of things online that I am proud of- first thing being this forum. This forum would not have succeeded had I not have gotten millions of hits on my Youtube videos that I made when I was 14-16. These videos were simply compilations of guitar solos and in them I'd advertise for this forum. I made ad revenue for a brief time and a guy from Florida and Ohio hired me to make videos for them. In the end I made about $120 off of Youtube. Of coursed it got taxed to shit but whatever. I also moderate an Urban Myth forum on Reddit, I took a course on myths and there varying impacts and I love sharing them with people I meet. I love making videos with my friends from school. I have a show called Deer Hunters which is a comedy but it was mainly for the few of us making it. I don't think they would make too much sense to someone watching them randomly. I also made a show called Awake which is a thriller. Only three episodes were made, I really hope to make more, and increase the tension. I had made Deer Hunters T-Shirts and DVD's with features that were sold to our classmates, we made a decent amount of money from that too.

I've always liked to have a few close friends rather than tons of people. Same can be said about my metal bands. I like to listen to my bands nonstop to get to know them before I flood my Itunes with new. When I'm not listening to metal I'm usually listening to something from the 70s.

I have been working at Dairy Queen for 4 months and can't wait till September when I'll move back to Toronto and continue my schooling for Digital Communications. I'll be living in a home with a friend of mine and three people I don't know. Lets hope we all get along.

The funny thing is- out of all areas that this forum covers: Metal/ Gaming/ Movies/ Horror/ I am probably the weakest in knowledge of metal. I simply don't research it as heavily as I do other topics. But ask me to list 15 Tom Cruise movies off the top of my head I probably can: Mission Impossible 1,2,3, Vanilla Sky, Top Gun, Valkerie, Eyes wide shut, Jerry Miguere, Knight and Day, Tropic Thunder, Minority Report, Mongolia.

Okay that was 12 but whatever.

I am a gigantic Hockey fan. If you can name a player that is any team in the NHL's 10th best player I probably know quite a bit about him. Maybe even 15th. I am a diehard fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs. I can easily list every player and probably most of their prospects.

Something I liked doing is writing out jokes. It cheers me up. When there is a birthday I will take a lined piece of paper and fill it with jokes and give it to the bday person and every time I see them laughing and loving it. Even my ex girlfriend laughed at hers.

I am hoping to get to know you guys better. When I started this forum off I felt super close to everyone. Now I feel as if we are all 2-3 years older and we aren't as involved anymore. I remember we used to play Pictonary online, that was hilarious. Anyways I'm very surprised that your still reading. I feel like a philistine for writing all this

Last edited by breakyoudown on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13187
Joined In : 2009-11-24

Hey I'm BYD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm BYD   Hey I'm BYD I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:16 am

Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 12189
Joined In : 2009-02-18

Hey I'm BYD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm BYD   Hey I'm BYD I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:50 am

Great intro BYD. I've been keeping it under my tongue but yeah I feel the same way about the closeness. Maybe we should get some chat or skype nights going again...I always thought those were a ton of fun. It's so different talking to someone in real time vs. on a forum. Even more different to talk to someone on the phone. Even /more/ different to talk to someone face to face. And it's *way* super different when you're actually feeling someone. If I meet any of you in real life we should just kinda stand there, staring, and feel each others' faces or something (after feeling our own faces to make sure /we/ are real). And of course only if we've never met before.

You're a total comic btw. Humor is one of the best things ever.
Back to top Go down

Hey I'm BYD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm BYD   Hey I'm BYD I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:18 am

aw, byd loves us.

Burned and died. (Honestly though, the whole Skype thing sounds like a good idea, let's start a thread)
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27756
Joined In : 2008-08-28

Hey I'm BYD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm BYD   Hey I'm BYD I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:33 am

Haha meant to say 2-3 years older.

Anywho for skype you really just gotta tell me when I'm online I forget immediately
And if anyone finds an online thing like Pictionary we gotta play that shit again
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 14156
Joined In : 2009-03-10

Hey I'm BYD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm BYD   Hey I'm BYD I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:55 pm

Leave it to the admin to take the thread seriously lol. It was a nice read though and I agree we should have more forum events and get to know each other a bit better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.circleofdestruction.net
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13577
Joined In : 2010-05-01

Hey I'm BYD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm BYD   Hey I'm BYD I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:36 pm

HI BYD
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18460
Joined In : 2009-01-21

Hey I'm BYD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm BYD   Hey I'm BYD I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:35 pm

We really need to play pictionary again. I fucking loved that game. I'm starting a stickied thread for that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey I'm BYD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm BYD   Hey I'm BYD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey I'm BYD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Preposterous Palaver and Infinite Jest :: Announce and Acquaint Your Good Selves!-
Jump to: