Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Man Punches Shark To Save His Dog

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27738
Joined In : 2008-08-28

Man Punches Shark To Save His Dog Empty
PostSubject: Man Punches Shark To Save His Dog   Man Punches Shark To Save His Dog I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 6:11 pm

Now that is manly
Quote :
ISLAMORADA -- Greg LeNoir watched in horror as a shark's mouth opened wide Friday, chomping a large set of teeth on his beloved 14-pound dog, Jake.

''Noooooo,'' LeNoir shrieked, fearing the worst.

But the case of the rat terrier versus shark has a happy ending.

''Jake's doing great,'' LeNoir's brother, Phillip, said Monday. ``And I still can't believe my brother jumped in the water and punched a shark.''

The saga began Friday afternoon when Greg LeNoir took Jake to the Worldwide Sportsman's Bayside Marina pier in Islamorada for the dog's daily swim. LeNoir said Jake is a fast and fearless swimmer, often retrieving jellyfish and soaked coconuts.

But this time Jake, a 28-month-old rescue dog, unexpectedly encountered the shark, which was about five-feet long. As Jake disappeared under the water, LeNoir conquered his own fear and sprang to action.

''I clenched my fists and dove straight in with all my strength, like a battering ram,'' LeNoir, 53, said Sunday, reliving the ordeal. ``I hit the back of the shark's neck. It was like hitting concrete.''

Sharks are not uncommon in the marina, which is near the Islamorada Fish Company's open saltwater pool that attracts large tarpon.

LeNoir, a finish carpenter, said he believes it was either a bull shark or lemon shark after describing the creature to local fishermen and another brother, Louie, a shark tooth collector in Orlando.

LeNoir's wife of 17 years, Tessalee, said she wasn't shocked by her husband's heroics: ``People know him as Dr. Dolittle. He's the one who climbs up a tree to save a possum.''

Lenoir added: 'We have no children. Jake became our child. When I saw the shark engulf him, I thought, `This can't be the end.' ''

The shark let go of Jake, and the dog popped to the surface, frantically swimming the few yards to shore. LeNoir followed, paddling through a red trail of blood from the dog.

At VCA Upper Keys Animal Hospital in Islamorada, veterinarian Suzanne Sigel and emergency on-call assistant Callie Cottrell patched Jake's wounds.

''Amazingly, he wasn't critical,'' Sigel said. ``He's one lucky dog.''

The shark's teeth punctured Jake's skin and some muscle on the dog's abdomen, chest and back in a pattern that looked like ''an upside down smile,'' Sigel said.

Jake also suffered lacerations on his right side and front left leg, with skin hanging like ribbons, LeNoir said.

''The shark put almost all of Jake in his mouth, except for his head and three of his legs,'' LeNoir said.

Sigel reexamined Jake Monday and said the pooch is expected to recover.

''He looks great and is recuperating well,'' she said. ``I was worried he may have inhaled salt water when he was pulled under, but there's no evidence of infection or pneumonia. He's healing great.''
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
ImendiaBurzum

Number of posts : 15462
Hedonistic Glory : 13062
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Man Punches Shark To Save His Dog   Man Punches Shark To Save His Dog I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 6:13 pm

Man i would Kick an Elephant in the balls if he wants to harm my little dog...
Nice history man..i saw it on CNN i think...or was it Backwards?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
ImendiaBurzum

PostSubject: Re: Man Punches Shark To Save His Dog   Man Punches Shark To Save His Dog I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 6:14 pm

Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27738
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Man Punches Shark To Save His Dog   Man Punches Shark To Save His Dog I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 6:14 pm

A shark is like the last thing I would want to fight. What a beast, and he was 53 too
Back to top Go down
HeaLr505
Heavy Metal Mercenary
HeaLr505

Number of posts : 1703
Hedonistic Glory : 5758
Joined In : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Man Punches Shark To Save His Dog   Man Punches Shark To Save His Dog I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 7:13 pm

Dude holy crap that is WOOTALSIM and ANTI-EMOISMOLOGY
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/HeaLr505
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
ImendiaBurzum

PostSubject: Re: Man Punches Shark To Save His Dog   Man Punches Shark To Save His Dog I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 7:21 pm

Aww man if i had the opportunity to fite a shark or a lion I dont give a fck if i die cuz i would be diying with honor and BALLZZZ
Its better than diyin olg and smelli in a Crappy Bed... 🐰
Back to top Go down
HeaLr505
Heavy Metal Mercenary
HeaLr505

Number of posts : 1703
Hedonistic Glory : 5758
Joined In : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Man Punches Shark To Save His Dog   Man Punches Shark To Save His Dog I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 7:26 pm

ImendiaBurzum wrote:
Aww man if i had the opportunity to fite a shark or a lion I dont give a fck if i die cuz i would be diying with honor and BALLZZZ
Thanks for the idea lulz imma use it for a new topic
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/HeaLr505
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
ImendiaBurzum

PostSubject: Re: Man Punches Shark To Save His Dog   Man Punches Shark To Save His Dog I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 8:05 pm

HeaLr505 wrote:
ImendiaBurzum wrote:
Thanks for the idea lulz imma use it for a new topic

Yeah NP MANlolz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man Punches Shark To Save His Dog   Man Punches Shark To Save His Dog I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Man Punches Shark To Save His Dog
Page 1 of 1