Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The time that Link went to Helvete.....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
link
Deliciously Fat
link

Number of posts : 7786
Hedonistic Glory : 12846
Joined In : 2008-09-05

The time that Link went to Helvete..... Empty
PostSubject: The time that Link went to Helvete.....   The time that Link went to Helvete..... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 8:36 pm

Long time, no talk ladies and gentlemen! Its been some time and this forum is, well, dead. But, if anyone has some nostalgia, I wanted to tell y'all the time my wife and I went to Neseblod Records, or; Helvete. This is the record shop that Euronymous started with Mayhem in mind, and where all the cool kids hung out. Went to Oslo and Rovaniemi on vacation this month, and just wanted to explain this part of the journey.

Upon first showing up at Neseblod, they weren't open (go figure). So, I walked up the street to an inconspicuous memorial. Turns out, this was the memorial to King Harold Hardrada and the Battle of Stamford Bridge (Viking of Stamford Bridge.) Neseblod is also across the street from the prison in town, which is quite brutal.

So, upon entering Neseblod, we had to actually purchase something before going downstairs to the old practice space of Mayhem (not a problem, considering they had records and shirts to the 10 foot ceiling and downstairs.) After grabbing some metal stuff, and having a very nice conversation about trees with the record store clerk; we finally went downstairs to see what what so cool about this place. Turns out, it is nerdy as fuck. Just graffiti and Euronymous's old workout equipment with a throne and some brutal ass posters and set lists. It was cool because it was where it all started; it was lame because a lot of misfortune and death came out of that damn basement. If anyone is interested, I can post some pictures of the place. The entire record shop has a ton of good stuff in it for purchase, and does a lot of second hand trading; frankly it is a metal heads dream to go in there. After finally getting into black metal, I can still say I don't support Varg and his new ideas or bullshit; dude is an idiot and full of himself (for who knows why). So much bullshit racism and trash came from that dude.

Alright I will get off my soapbox now. Just saying; spend some time in Neseblod if you get to that part of the world, you will not regret it.
Back to top Go down

The time that Link went to Helvete.....
Page 1 of 1