Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

proof jesus is made up?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13567
Joined In : 2010-05-01

proof jesus is made up? Empty
PostSubject: proof jesus is made up?   proof jesus is made up? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 9:40 pm

Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27746
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: proof jesus is made up?   proof jesus is made up? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 10:24 pm

Checkmate Christians

But yeah - Jesus could easily be a symbol of an exemplary way of how to live your life
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: proof jesus is made up?   proof jesus is made up? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 2:43 am

that's what I always thought, but I'd like for someone to validate this evidence
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13177
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: proof jesus is made up?   proof jesus is made up? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 3:22 am

From what I understand, Atwill is already a sort of fringe conspiracy theorist among the biblical scholar community. Although I do not deny the possibility that the Jesus mythos is one that is entirely man made, I doubt that this one presentation will debunk Christianity. Nevertheless it should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: proof jesus is made up?   proof jesus is made up? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 12:22 pm

i kind of want to see footage of this Q&A. should be ridiculous
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 4784
Joined In : 2013-04-26

PostSubject: Re: proof jesus is made up?   proof jesus is made up? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 5:49 pm

Taxer beat me to the punch - I've read about this guy on various liturgical studies and his bias shines through his work. I won't discredit his research outright as it doesn't seem particularly conclusive at all, and the research has been boldfaced down the years. Anyone who says that the New Testament is the word of God obviously places too much faith in the hands of men, and there certainly are modifications to the mythos, but to insist that these same Roman Catholics did not subscribe to varying degrees in Christianity... well, that's a tremendous amount of effort to put forth in a belief system merely to pull the wool over the lower class, both ancient and modern. I thoroughly doubt that this is a conspiracy, but I suppose his evidence will come through as either revolutionary or more of the same shadows cast on the religion since the days of the first unbeliever.

Suffice to say, I have my doubts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: proof jesus is made up?   proof jesus is made up? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

proof jesus is made up?
Page 1 of 1