Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

oh noes our gubermentz

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 4784
Joined In : 2013-04-26

oh noes our gubermentz Empty
PostSubject: oh noes our gubermentz   oh noes our gubermentz I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 11:10 am

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13567
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: oh noes our gubermentz   oh noes our gubermentz I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 4:22 pm

less worried about fan. more worried about everything surrounding fan. ITS GONNA BE EVERYWHERE
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27746
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: oh noes our gubermentz   oh noes our gubermentz I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Obama is trying to be Canadian and everyone else stole his credit card and won't give it back

How close am I?
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13567
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: oh noes our gubermentz   oh noes our gubermentz I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 3:43 pm

some politicians lost a battle and now wont stop crying about it even though the thing they are fighting against is already law and they cant do a thing to stop it. its fucking pointless
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: oh noes our gubermentz   oh noes our gubermentz I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 4:23 pm

What's the difference between Obamacare and the ACA?
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: oh noes our gubermentz   oh noes our gubermentz I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 7:39 pm

None, it's the same god forsaken law.

What house Republicans don't seem to be grasping is that this law passed already. What Senate Democrats don't realize is that not everyone likes their opaque, black box bill that could be used for myriad purposes - and likely none of them good.

It's too good to be true; a healthcare option that is cheaper, better and keeps all currently existing operations functional? Tell me more about how you like getting paid less, doctors and physicians of America.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: oh noes our gubermentz   oh noes our gubermentz I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 8:02 pm

To be clear

The government is at a standstill so they are deciding to shutdown? Why?
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: oh noes our gubermentz   oh noes our gubermentz I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:29 pm

To be fair, the initial reason was because of the debt ceiling that America currently faces. We're borrowing money we don't have to pay for things we can't afford. A decent analogy: say the septic system in your neighborhood backs up and your house is full of shit, but instead of hiring plumbers to get rid of the shit in your house, you call builders to annex the house and raise the ceiling. Not the solution, right?

America keeps on borrowing and keeps on digging a hole, all the while spending exorbitant amounts of this same money on fueling the Labor/Social Security relic past capacity, something that should honestly be reformed by and large for its blatant abuse, but that's its own topic.

Now, hardline Republicans are trying to point the blame to the ACA - better known as Obamacare - in an attempt to vie for political clout and little else.

The real reason is far more jading. It is indeed because they can't agree on a single law which has already passed. I'm not making this up - the most powerful government in the world has been reduced to a bunch of egotistical children that can't handle their opinion not being the word of God.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: oh noes our gubermentz   oh noes our gubermentz I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 12:13 am

From whom are they borrowing this money from?

Where do they go from here?
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: oh noes our gubermentz   oh noes our gubermentz I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 11:07 am

I can only guess, seeing as the Treasury and its inflation of currency can be hypothetically linked to the rise and fall of GDP, leading to an imbalance in import/export economics. We can take the road more traveled, and assume we're borrowing imaginary numbers on the World Bank to which another world power (namely, China) puts forth the real capital while the United States siphons it. Of course, this is the doomsday approach that most people assume to be true when it comes to the national debt.

The more horrifying reality is that the economy is being artificially inflated without any foreign assistance, whom of which will immediately devalue our currency to keep their economies in check. This makes the true value of the USD decrease in proportion to its supposed alleviation of its short term woes, which normally all point tried and true at government programs that require a well oiled machine outside of the taxpayers of America. The Treasury is quite able and willing to print money, to which has an extremely detrimental effect on GDP, which... well, it trickles on down to the rest of the great unwashed. God bless.

A good question indeed is "where does America go from here," but it is no secret that after the fiscal cliff and the new debt ceiling administering a TKO to the government that a program of this magnitude will have implications, namely on the increase of the national debt while it daisy chains itself to - you guessed it by now, I'm sure - the American people.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: oh noes our gubermentz   oh noes our gubermentz I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 1:46 pm

I feel like something worth mentioning is the amount of student debt that accumulates as well that can't be helping in the process. I'm pretty sure around 75% of my friends have more debt than I have money - and I've been working full time for 6 months living at home. They are in situations where they are paying off such slight amounts in increments of say around $80 a month. That's going to take at least a decade at that rate meanwhile half the student body at least is in the same situation.

Just feels like a problem with no visible solution
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: oh noes our gubermentz   oh noes our gubermentz I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Student loans are certainly part of the picture. I feel enough personal satisfaction in being able to say in November of this year I will no longer be shackled by the debt incurred from a student loan, but that's a far cry from the very real situation of students deferring on their loans or flat out defaulting.

You can also argue the housing market crash of the late 2000s helped this issue along. Trying times for economists the nation over, I'm sure. The national debt certainly existed long before this but the exponential gain since Carter was in office is staggering.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: oh noes our gubermentz   oh noes our gubermentz I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 3:46 pm

Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: oh noes our gubermentz   oh noes our gubermentz I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 6:57 pm

Your country is mildly insane eh?
Back to top Go down
Reivas
Pure Class
Reivas

Number of posts : 681
Hedonistic Glory : 5766
Joined In : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: oh noes our gubermentz   oh noes our gubermentz I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:58 pm

Mildly?

That's an understatement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: oh noes our gubermentz   oh noes our gubermentz I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

oh noes our gubermentz
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Preposterous Palaver and Infinite Jest-
Jump to: