Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 4796
Joined In : 2013-04-26

Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind Empty
PostSubject: Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind   Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 9:55 pm

I'm getting the three album deal Friday and I'm likely to end up writing a review of this once I find the words. If you're into Falls of Rauros, Alcest or earlier Agalloch, go for this immediately.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27758
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind   Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 12:27 am

I'm into all of the bands listed.
This was pretty gorgeous man - good find
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13189
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind   Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 12:32 am

Good stuffs.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind   Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 2:29 pm

I found myself agape at this track; it seemed like they really hit the high note with the allowance of the distant, beautiful piano solo then black metal charged with very great riffs bursting out the middle.

I'm listening to Nhor's debut record and it's mostly grand piano and acoustic guitar. Very somber, reminds me of Tenhi, Empyrium or Ulver's Kveldssanger in piano form. Incredible things going on with this group.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind   Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 4:32 pm

Ever listen to Trist?
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind   Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:57 pm

I cannot say I have. Feel free to link me up, sir! This sort of thing both uplifts and breaks me, such an interesting emotion.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind   Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 10:14 pm

It's a long one
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind   Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 5:59 pm

This is massive. If Monolithe did a black metal record, this is definitely what it would sound like. Great find!
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind   Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 6:19 pm

Thanks guy- it definitely has a sort of story to it doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18462
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind   Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 7:39 pm

I got into these guys when they were included on the Whom the Moon a Nightsong Sings compilation (which is an absolutely breathtaking compilation, I might add)

Of course that was only their neofolky ambient interlude type stuff, but it is truly a top notch project across the board. Definitely has the familiarity of some early Alcest and Falls of Rauros, but isn't a clone by any means.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind   Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 9:13 pm

It retains its own identity. I like to think this is what would have happened if Alcest went the grim and frostbitten route, for lack of a better descriptor. It's really tragic and cold.

I got the three album deal a day early and I must say all of Nhor's music is impeccable and the Empyrium tribute record is indeed where I heard of them. Amazing how one song - which is to say, one piano arpeggio - piqued my interest. Glad I went with it.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind   Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 9:50 pm

What's Summoning up to?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind   Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nhor, atmospheric black metal project blowing my mind
Page 1 of 1