Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Playstation +

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27746
Joined In : 2008-08-28

Playstation + Empty
PostSubject: Playstation +   Playstation + I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 4:52 pm

I think I am going to get this. I have $40 in Staples gift cards and I might just pick up some playstation money to get myself a membership

It looks like its comparable to Netflix - only with videogames. This is pretty perfect for the casual gamer like myself who only wants to spend around 3-4 hours on gaming per week. I buy games so rarely and this service looks like I can play a bunch of things I want to play- but am unwilling to shell $20 on - like Hitman Absolution or Uncharted 3.

Sounds like a really fun way to go about things- in addition to sizable price savings to + members during sales - in which these games I'll be able to keep forever. And by the sounds of things it looks like your membership will carry to the PS4. Although it isn't backward compatible - the digital games will probably work. As my PS3 can't play PS2 discs but I can download a digital game for PS2 right? Why else would it be in the store?

Anyway, sounds pretty fun. Looks like you get a bunch of shit just for signing up and it looks like Saints Row 3 is the game of the month for free.

Want.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 4784
Joined In : 2013-04-26

Playstation + Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation +   Playstation + I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 8:26 pm

As of late it seems like PS+ is putting up triple A titles for the subscribers. It's actually kind of cool.

As for the PS2 games being functional on PS3 via PSN store, I don't see why this wouldn't work going forward. There's probably something about it somewhere online that details whether or not PSN downloads are transferable by system.

I don't have PS+ yet but I will when PS4 comes out for a little while to see if it's worth it in the long term.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Playstation + Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation +   Playstation + I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 12:26 am

I think Saints Row 3 and the new Hitman are up for free. I might have to subscribe this week.

Question, can you play Vita games on the Ps3?
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

Playstation + Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation +   Playstation + I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 2:26 pm

I know the Vita and PS3 have some cross compatibility (such as being able to mirror screens, etc.) but past that, I'm not sure if you can play the games themselves on the PS3.

I have a Vita and use it often enough, despite its relative obscurity.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Playstation + Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation +   Playstation + I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 4:32 pm

The concern I have is -
PS4 is out in a few months- will the PS3 users get less attention? I'd imagine Sony would want to carter to the new console users. I think PS4 requires + for online play. I know the account carries over though.

This just goes to show that retail is on its way out. PS3 discs wont play - but it looks like digital ones will. It just seems to make way more sense and its so much cheaper to buy the rights to a game then the physical disc and the manufacturing behind it
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Playstation + Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation +   Playstation + I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:50 pm

Bought the service!

So I received: Saints Row 3, Little Big Planet Racing, Uncharted 3, some X-com shooter thing, and a bunch of smaller PSN games. This month the free game is Resident Evil Chronicles HD

Tons of things to play. Really wanted Saints row and Uncharted. But man - Uncharted 3 is fucking 40G to download. That is insane. I hope I can disable multiplayer and other add ons because that is bandwidth suicide.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

Playstation + Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation +   Playstation + I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:58 pm

It's a good thing when they offer more than you can handle. Is there anything else in the package that I'm unaware of besides games/demos of certain other games earlier?
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Playstation + Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation +   Playstation + I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 10:14 pm

Whenever there is a sale on games PS+ users get a massive discount. So a $30 game might be $15 for non-users - and + users will have it $5-$10.

You get new sets of games every month. Obviously they start you off with a fuckload of games and they wont give you that many each month- but you can expect a small handful of PS3/PSN/Vita games each month of the year. If you don't want to download it immediately you just hit download then cancel it so that it knows you "bought" it - if they take it down later.

Also- many people will be concerned and say "Wahh- x game came out 4 months ago and I missed it!" Games that were previously free will have a sizable discount- so at least there will be a price cut. Pretty much every game is at least 10% cheaper for + users. Mind you- sometimes its barely lower than a retail price - but other times it'll be much lower - and a lot of times- the game will be too hard to find in a store anyway so there's that.

Looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Playstation + Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation +   Playstation + I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playstation +
Page 1 of 1