Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you favourite movies from each genre?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27758
Joined In : 2008-08-28

What are you favourite movies from each genre? Empty
PostSubject: What are you favourite movies from each genre?   What are you favourite movies from each genre? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 5:56 pm

Thriller: Sunshine
Reasons: This movie was a complete flop. It made negative revenue. Yet the budget is through the roof and nobody has heard of it. It is critized for switching genres halfway through the movie. I can't see why that is a critique though- I thought it was an excellent change in pace. The easiest way to describe it would be to call it a thriller.
Quick overview:
Folks go into space on a sort of suicide mission to recharge the dying sun by unloading a type of bomb over it; however things get spooky when they pass a ship that had failed the mission previously

Fantasy:
LOTR
Nothing needed

Drama:
Warrior
Reasons: I hate how this movie was advertised as a typical UFC action movie. It has UFC fighting and action yes, but its so much more than that. The movie takes you on an emotional rollercoaster and I want to ruin none of it because it is that good. Take your favourite drama movie and add Tom fucking Hardy in it. Prepare for tears in the final scenes
Quick overview:
Two brothers enter a UFC fighting competition. The one your rooting for has no place being there and the other one is a war hero. The family is a complete mess and no- they cannot split the prize money because they nearly hate each other. Brilliant movie

Crime:
Green Street Hooligans
Reasons: Made me want to drop out of school- move to London and start following soccer, sorry football. Pretty much zero complaints, Elijah Wood knows how to act, and the guy from Sons of Anarchy ain't bad either.
Quick Overview:
Elijah Wood gets framed for doing drugs at his University. Needs a break so he moves to visit family in London and gets involved with insane soccer fans that routinely get into large fights with other teams fans.

Horror:
Insidious
Reasons: So creative. Some call it corny, I call it fun. Love Patrick Wilson
Quickie:
Tons of demons are haunting a family and they all kind of have their unique quirk to them. In a mix of terror that isn't jump scares, its a treat to watch with numerous jokes thrown in

Comedy:
Waiting...
Reasons: So underrated, so funny, Ryan Reynolds at his prime
Quickie: Bunch of folks working at a restaurant underachieving and being hilarious

Animation:
Lion King

Kung Fu:
The Raid: Redemption, Ip Man, Ong Bak, Fearless

Brad Pitt:
Fight Club

Dramedy:
Silver Lining Playbook

Most underrated actor?
Michael Fassbender

Superhero:
Watchmen

Comedy horror:
Dale and Tucker vs Evil

Most hyped movie I couldn't get into:
Melancholia

Movie I used to love but now is kinda bad:

Should've been James Bond:
Clive Owen

Best B-Movie Actor:
Bruce Campbell

Best sequel in a horror movie series:
Army of Darkness and Hellraiser 5

Worst sequel in a horror movie series:
Hellraiser 7,8,9

Never going to watch:
Human Centiped

Actors associated with directors
Leonardo Dicaprio- Martin Scoresse
Christopher Waltz- Tarintino
Johnny Dept - Tim Burton

Biggest mindfuck:
Mulholland Drive or Inland Empire

Where am I going with this thread?
Back to top Go down

What are you favourite movies from each genre? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you favourite movies from each genre?   What are you favourite movies from each genre? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 7:16 pm

I will force you to watch human centipede...you have to watch just to say youve watched it.
Back to top Go down

What are you favourite movies from each genre?
Page 1 of 1