Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Obama wants everyone to move to the city

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
spineshank155
A Very Classy Extreme Metalhead
spineshank155

Number of posts : 547
Hedonistic Glory : 5417
Joined In : 2011-03-19

Obama wants everyone to move to the city Empty
PostSubject: Obama wants everyone to move to the city   Obama wants everyone to move to the city I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 11:46 pm

I have no idea whether this is true or not -

it sounds like a silly conspiracy to me and i think if they were to go through with this we could have a civil war. Or maybe since Obama was trying to take our guns away that prevents us from shooting one another.. idk lol i just know that many people that live in the suburbs won't go for this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/spineshank155
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 4793
Joined In : 2013-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants everyone to move to the city   Obama wants everyone to move to the city I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 12:24 am

It's Fox News, so I'll take it with a grain of salt. Their bias is thicker than obese children drinking molasses. But you knew that, right?

Nevertheless, this sounds on par with what the Obama administration goes for: majority rule. That's fine for the majority. It might be conspiracy theorist bullshit now, but let's be fair: Chicago, NYC, Dallas, Cleveland, San Francisco and all the big cities in the US see a hell of a lot more construction, demolition, DoT projects, contracts, et cetera. How is this any different from the way that it is now? A majority of people don't live in suburbs. They live in big cities already.

This would, to any practical event and most probable outcome, stimulate private enterprise to pick up where federal funding takes off, making suburbs potentially richer than they've ever been. Gated communities, subdivisions, your typical white picket fence American dream scenarios are going to be that much better by reallocation of the federal interest. In rural counties, the federal government hardly intervenes (save for your everyday natural disaster via FEMA, which is notorious for their too little, too late bullshit with insurance micromanagement for damage incurred, not to mention how they aren't the Red Cross no matter how hard they try) and the state/local caches are tapped for just this sort of affair if private interests aren't an option. Most people where I live stake their claim in business or residence without the intervention of a federal loan, not to mention the better part of suburban America which by and large isn't part of the $20k and under bracket. This invites a market that's existed since the Industrial Revolution to do what it's done with or without the feds behind them: cultivate their part of commercial, residential or industrial America.

I dare say they're not looking at the potential of this legislation. Make the cities green and make the suburbs vacant? Sounds like the perfect scheme to get rid of your neighbors and expand your real estate at the behest of infallible Mother Nature. Nice try, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8
spineshank155
A Very Classy Extreme Metalhead
spineshank155

Number of posts : 547
Hedonistic Glory : 5417
Joined In : 2011-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants everyone to move to the city   Obama wants everyone to move to the city I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 1:15 pm

Exactly, again i don't think it will happen. Obama doesn't want a civil war and they might try to be sneaky with 'if you want the best help move to the city' i doubt home owners will go for that. Even then i'd like to move out into the country where it's more peaceful, the suburbs here are already becoming cities themselves. Traffic everywhere even in the early morning so there really is no breathing room in the suburbs now at least in the chicagoland area.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/spineshank155
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13186
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants everyone to move to the city   Obama wants everyone to move to the city I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 3:00 pm

No he doesn't. Plus most people don't want to go to the city because suburbanites tend to be closet racists and the city is full of "minorities"
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 4793
Joined In : 2013-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants everyone to move to the city   Obama wants everyone to move to the city I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 8:58 am

Isn't that funny? According to recent census results, caucasians will be in the minority come 2017.

"Damn those ethnic majorities!"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13576
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants everyone to move to the city   Obama wants everyone to move to the city I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:45 pm

posting to subscribe to thread. everything sounds interesting but I just woke up and can't comprehend anything right now.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants everyone to move to the city   Obama wants everyone to move to the city I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obama wants everyone to move to the city
Page 1 of 1