Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Xbox will be called Xbox One

Go down 
+4
LOR
Taxer666
TheskyisblueFTW
breakyoudown
8 posters
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27758
Joined In : 2008-08-28

New Xbox will be called Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:19 pm

XBOX ONE SPECS:
8 Core CPU
64 Bit
500 GB HDD
8 GB RAM
USB 3.0
Wi-Fi direct
Blu-Ray Drive
HDMI In/Out

No pricing announced. No confirmation as to whether the console will be always on or not.

Bunch of info I stole from reddit
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1erqdt/xbox_reveal_discussion_thread/

Sounds like they added a shit ton of features making it feel more like a computer to use social media on with voice activation and being able to skype someone while using another application.

I wonder if it plays games
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician
TheskyisblueFTW

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 9081
Joined In : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:50 pm

15 exclusive games. 8 new titles. The rest are Halo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13189
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:52 pm

Yeah shit's boring, might as well just plug in your desktop to your tv.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:56 pm

Do you guys think Microsoft knows how to count?

Xbox 1
Xbox 360
Xbox one
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician
TheskyisblueFTW

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 4:07 pm

They're saving their shit for E3. Since they got all the casual shit out of the way first all they can talk about are games at E3.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 4:34 pm

New Xbox will be called Xbox One 970105_610268872319582_1123059051_n
Back to top Go down
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13579
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 4:45 pm

i liked infinity better
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 6:14 pm

The economy increases when people think the new Microsoft product will be shit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 6:48 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
Do you guys think Microsoft knows how to count?
Xbox 1
Xbox 360
Xbox one
lol theyre trying to fuck over all the speculators by being retarded.
500 servers powered the original XBOX. 15,000 power the current XBOX Live service. 300,000 will power the XBOX One.
the controller looks sleak and they fixed the goddamn d-pad while improving the already excellent triggers and bumpers. im happy with the controller, but i hate all this emphasis on multimedia. As though im gonna lay down a few hundred bucks for a facebook machine!
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 6:57 pm

I do think the Xbox has the better controller, but the new PS3 controller looks like they finally are making the triggers and thumbsticks concave anyway

I hope they can the Xbox after this one Xbox two
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 9:18 pm

The thing has to pretty much always be online and you have to pay a fee for used games. What a load.
Back to top Go down
fazango
Enigma
fazango

Number of posts : 37
Hedonistic Glory : 4070
Joined In : 2013-05-13

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 9:54 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
I wonder if it plays games
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:38 pm

How do they charge a fee for used games? So you'll buy a used game from a store and before you can play it- it'll force a fee on you?

Man I can't see how its going to compete with PS3

Did fucking EA make the system?
Back to top Go down
GuyIncognito
True Gentleman
GuyIncognito

Number of posts : 1151
Hedonistic Glory : 6467
Joined In : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 11:23 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
How do they charge a fee for used games? So you'll buy a used game from a store and before you can play it- it'll force a fee on you?

Man I can't see how its going to compete with PS3

Did fucking EA make the system?

I think the PS4 also has that.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 11:33 pm

Girth. Well, PS+ is still a much better deal than Xbox Gold by miles Jerry. MILES
Back to top Go down
fazango
Enigma
fazango

Number of posts : 37
Hedonistic Glory : 4070
Joined In : 2013-05-13

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 2:24 am

Well it was inevitable before they ended up finding a way to capitalize on the used games industry which is otherwise completely profitless to the developers/publishers.

There's tons of gamers that never even touch new games, and thus in doing so never make a cent for the companies, other than I guess metaphorical hype for the games.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18462
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 2:49 am

I'll probably end up getting it eventually, but man are they fucking over gamers.

The specs means it is going to be a less impressive version of my PC basically. The only reason I want a game console is so it can focus on games, so when they add all this extra social media shit on it just pisses me off. The dashboard interface is going to be like Windows 8 too, AKA god fucking awful. Now they are dicking over gamers with this used games restriction bullcrap. I don't understand why a console manufacturer can't make one that just focuses on playing games and movies, and playing them well. Seriously, they could sell it for cheaper and it would sell more than the competitors for this.

I really hope they can impress me with exclusive games, because that's the only way to get me excited for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 3:08 am

Yeah the specs are gonna be pretty much the same on both consoles. No real graphics difference - PCs will kick both consoles' asses (lol not even gonna mention Wii).

But Dave, I gotta disagree about x-box live. Our servers are much faster than Playstation online ever will be. Thats partially because of our panzee-ass multimedia boner, but faster connection means faster connection which means killing lots more players at once. Like How Resistance 2 was supposed to be before everyone found out the game was a broken lag-fest in multiplayer. Plus, we get the X-box Live Arcade. Cant even explain how cool that is.

Ultimately, Axe is right. The console we choose to buy or dont, is going to come down to exclusive titles. My X-Box loyalty has always been because of Bioware. If they continue developing for both consoles, Microsoft is gonna have a hard time selling me on the X-Bone.
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician
TheskyisblueFTW

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 3:34 am

Buying a Wii U because of Smash Bros.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 4:19 am

Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 4796
Joined In : 2013-04-26

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 8:29 am

Another reason not to burn money on Microsoft's overpriced, underdeveloped and late-in-the-game exclusives

Thanks for the heads up, my apathy almost became curiosity to this heap of silicon and plastic. I have a hard time believing they'll match the success of the first two Halo games pushing the console to its height at the beginning of last decade. An inexorable march towards decay, first Windows 8 and it's Jurassic Park "ah-ah-ah, I can't let you do that" bullshit on top of a system that delivers only at the CPU level, absolutely requires a fee to play multiplayer, living in an age where SSD is king and they're still using mechanical parts, and now - only now - are they releasing a platform that supports Blu-Ray

I'm not buying a PS4 at launch either but Christ is that more attractive than this
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:30 am

Yeah I don't feel like I'll ever buy a console before a price drop. My biggest critique is that they are releasing this Xbox as all in one home entertainment system and not primarily a gaming console. They were boasting pretty much nonstop how you can watch tons of great tv shows and sports. Seems like they are kind of selling out and going for wide appeal and targeting non-gamers and trying to hit them with an alternative to cable or satellite with the side objective of games as incentive.

Gravy. Xbox Live Gold for $65 a year is way too expensive. PS3's free online gaming is obviously inferior, but I have honestly had almost no problems. I've had nobody be rude to me and I barely ever lag. But I also only play NHL 13 online lol. But I will say that PS+ in comparison to Gold is no competition. Gold is better than PS3's online when you aren't paying and that's it. PS+ straight up gives you five or so free games and then every month they give you a full game. Last month was Demon Soul's and this month was Sleeping Dogs. Like you can't beat that, in addition you get 15% off every game you might want to buy digitally. So rather than paying $65 a year to break even with PS3. You could pretty much strike a jackpot with PS+. I don't subscribe to either anymore but I think the choice is glaring in favour with PS3. Especially when you can buy PS2 and PS1 games as well in comparison to godamn Fable 1 or Black on the original Xbox. And you get to keep these digital games forever
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 2:49 pm

New Xbox will be called Xbox One IBzvb2JSpQNRM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 4:11 pm

Hey man. I love Fable, so back off. lol i was talking out my ass. In that case, PS+ friggen rocks our asses. a full game every month Smile. and yeah, youre definately right, theyre tapping into the casual gamer and girl-gamer demographics for more moneys. They're attempting to dominate the living room, but people are sick of this shit. Ive still got my fingers crossed that theyll shut the fuck up about this retardation and talk about games and stuff we care about for E3. Of course a portion of the presentation will be for kinect, but the rest had better blow me outta the water.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 6:20 pm

I actually think Fable was pretty good too, you will look like an angel if you are a nice guy. My dude was a jacked saint
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 4796
Joined In : 2013-04-26

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:53 pm

The part that makes me smile is "keeping digital games forever," unlike what is offered from the competition (see: nothing)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:02 pm

Once I bought Borderlands, game of the year edition with four long-ass expansions.

Went home, the code has a one time use. So I paid extra for the GOTY version of the used game instead of the original for no fucking reason. I went to the PS store and it asked me to buy them all for $10 each.

Yeah, sounds like a sick deal.

Steam's way better, too bad I have no intentions of ever getting a gaming PC. Still using Steam at 10% capacity is almost better than some of the deals you get for everything else
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox will be called Xbox One   New Xbox will be called Xbox One I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Xbox will be called Xbox One
Page 1 of 1