Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27758
Joined In : 2008-08-28

Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review Empty
PostSubject: Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review   Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 7:41 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review   Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 1:21 am

wow, i didnt even recognize him between Iron Man 3 and this. So hes an awesome actor. another spot-on analysis. you didnt make it too long or boring or anything. You used choice clips and made it fun.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review   Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 1:31 am

Thank you for replying. Good to know I'll have at least a viewer haha.

Yeah I feel like its top priority to make it short.
I also decided to start winging it. The previous videos where I would read a script would sound more intelligent but were less fun to watch and make. I think I might make a thing out of drinking a beer and reviewing a movie or something on Fridays.

And yeah- Guy Pearce man, guy's an actor you could put in anything. You should watch it. Definitely the most unexpectedly good movie of 2012
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18462
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review   Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 2:39 am

I really enjoyed this one, keep up with the video reviews man. Good stuff.

As for the movie, it does seem to have that b action movie vibe going which excites me. The best action films are the ones that don't take themselves too seriously, which I can tell this one doesn't. I actually haven't seen Guy Pearce in anything, although I have Memento, Prometheus and now this on my list of things to watch. When I watch this one, I'll be sure to leave some feedback.

Props on the Sam Adams!
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review   Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:22 am

Thanks bud

As mentioned he has the ability to carry a movie and that's exactly what he does, he's just so funny. In addition to the movies you listed he's in a few westerns like Lawless and The Proposition. Then he's in movies like: Iron Man 3, Are you Afraid of the Dark? L.A Confidential, The Hurt Locker.

Axe you should definitely catch him in L.A Confidential. You can tell that L.A Noire was using it as a major inspiration

Yeah I drink Canadian Beer all the time it was a good change
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review   Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:15 pm

Sam Adams is probably the best American beer you can get, to be quite honest. I've yet to try any canadian beers... I take that back, I've had Labat Blue, but somehow I don't think that's the best Canada has to offer.

L.A. Confidential always seemed like it would be really good, but never got around to seeing it. Will definitely put it on my radar. Pretty anxious to see this one too
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review   Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:35 pm

If you like L.A Noire you will really enjoy it.

I kind of want to review "Up" next or something like that.
Would anyone be interested in me simply just talking about whatever? Or should I stick to reviews of some kind. I could probably pull off vlogging I think
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review   Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:36 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
If you like L.A Noire you will really enjoy it.

I kind of want to review "Up" next or something like that.
Would anyone be interested in me simply just talking about whatever? Or should I stick to reviews of some kind. I could probably pull off vlogging I think

Well you can "review" however you like. Sometimes I like the ones that are more just talking about it and what you think of it, kind like this video here.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review   Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:41 pm

Actually what I meant is would you guys think that you'd like to watch me talk about off topic things such as "interesting things that happened to me today". I find that I can sometimes pull off stories and that could be another thing I enjoy doing.

Although I don't know how much of my personal life I really want to share on a video. Hmm.

It'd be cool to have another topic. I'd make a video analyzing the hockey game last night but I don't think anyone would care lol
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review   Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:55 pm

I think that's a great idea. I definitely enjoy you're rambling about things, so random shit would be great. I'm actually planning on trying to start a youtube channel before too long to do Let's Play videos and some vlog/reviews/whatnot. Partly to add content to the forum, partly to (hopefully) get more traffic for the forum, and partly because it seems like a fun thing to do.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review   Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 9:00 pm

It is very fun. I think I'm going to keep doing it once a week. I get off on Friday at 4pm so I like to make a video before dinner. If I do more than one a week it'll be overload for everyone. I think I could probably make my videos a tad longer. Its like 2 minutes of content and 20 seconds of me advertising the forum lmao

Plus I usually have more to say
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review   Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Having more fun with the video reviews now- Lockout Video Review
Page 1 of 1