Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Games Discussion

Go down 
+7
LOR
ExtremeOverload
TheskyisblueFTW
Gwonam
Taxer666
Axe
breakyoudown
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician
TheskyisblueFTW

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 9030
Joined In : 2008-09-23

General Games Discussion  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:18 am

Playing Donkey Kong 64 trying to get 101% completion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 4745
Joined In : 2013-04-26

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:35 am

There will never be a Donkey Kong Country 4.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician
TheskyisblueFTW

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 5:23 pm

New Pokemon announced:

General Games Discussion  - Page 2 133186IMAG0321
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27707
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 6:24 pm

Been playing Skyrim for well over a month
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18411
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 2:29 am

Started back in on Skyrim recently, only this time on PC and with all of the expansions. God, I love this game...

Shadowrun Returns comes out next month, so that will likely be the next game I play regularly. I downloaded the Deadpool game because what the hell, it's not as bad as the reviews say. Pretty funny, and the action is alright. It kinda reminds me of a PS1 era game. I've played maybe a few hours of it, it's just my screw around game when I feel like taking a break from complex games. Sometimes it's just nice to run around and kill stuff without actually thinking or being aware of the fact that you're awake
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 1:07 pm

Same, I think at least half of my games I've played for 30 minutes or less.
GTA on a mouse and keyboard feels just so wrong.

Maybe I'll give TF2 or L4D2 another go eventually
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician
TheskyisblueFTW

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Steam Sale Purchases:

Roller coaster Tycoon 3
Civ V
Castle Crashers
Hotline Miami
Sleeping Dogs
Super Meat Boy
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 6:26 pm

Played Meat Boy for maybe 1.5 hours and then got too furious. Its tedious. But I can see how it could be fun.

Not for me.

Too stressful
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
ImendiaBurzum

Number of posts : 15462
Hedonistic Glory : 13031
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 8:47 pm

Got Red Dead Redemption last week...just finished it....i feel like a Mutiilation song now...fucking depressive game..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13138
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 10:04 pm

Started Dark Souls. Man this game is cheaaaap.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 10:54 am

Sometimes it is cheap. Other times - there are warning signs before proceeding that the player needs to get used to looking for before charging into new areas.

Unreal game. Not for casuals
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 1:45 am

I'm not too far into the game, but it took me a while to even get a feel of the game.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 6:45 pm

Make sure your first area is the Undead Parish
Back to top Go down
Despotic Reign
A Good Fellow
Despotic Reign

Number of posts : 60
Hedonistic Glory : 3857
Joined In : 2013-11-11

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 7:04 pm

So CoD is shit... what a waste of money. I've lost count of the times I've spawned in enemy LoS. Maps are huge for 6v6 making games drag and you die so incredibly fast it's literally a case of who sees who first: no strafing, no counter play... you either shoot first or die.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Went through a lot of games since getting PS+

Uncharted 3- First 3-4 hours were pretty boring. The rest of the game was fun and worth it

Little Big Planet Racing- Gigantic waste of a 7G download

Hotline Miami- Seems like it'd be fun if I had it on my phone, not going to sit down and play this

Kingdoms of Amalur- Very average fun game. It's like Fable only bad. I enjoyed the combat for a while. At the end of the day it was like I was playing a MMO by myself. Nevertheless, it offered a few hours of fun

Galga HD Remake- 40 minutes of fun or less

Fatal Frame 1- This was a really fun game. I screwed myself and ended up having to face a boss with only 2 pictures left. Rather than starting over or searching every corner of the house for more film I just deleted it. Not in the mood to do chores. For the $2 I paid for it- it was worth it.

Dragon's Dogma/Ibb and Obb/Binary Domain are free this month. I figure that Dragon's Dogma might have something going for it- looks decent. The other two might get throw into the waste of bandwidth category

Back to top Go down
Despotic Reign
A Good Fellow
Despotic Reign

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 7:30 pm

You should give Hotline Miami a go. That game is fucking amazing. The blood, oh my god the blood, its so glorious. People splattered against the wall to that joyous music... so addictive.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:43 pm

I had downloaded it. I wasn't feeling it. Seemed like a game that was based on timing more than anything and typically that gameplay frustrates me as I'm not overly precise
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:54 pm

You just suck. Hotline Miami is fucking fantastic.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:26 pm

You suck brah- you though the beginning of Dark Souls was hard
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:13 pm

It isn't though. The game is just NES trial and error in a modern setting.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:43 pm

Sometimes. Other times there are hints that there is a trap/something misleading ahead
Back to top Go down
Despotic Reign
A Good Fellow
Despotic Reign

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 9:22 pm

Just bought Jade Empire on Steam for £2.25. Been an age since I played it on the xbox, but I have fond memories...
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 10:54 pm

Excellent dialog - the combat gets tedious and feels dated now
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 1:51 am

Jade Empire is just classic Bioware. It's been awhile since I've played it myself, but I have some fond memories as well.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 8:54 am

Pokémon Y, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag and Final Fantasy XIV.

I'm not getting a thing done these next couple of days.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 9:44 am

Suffering through a new Assassin's Creed eh? How's that going?
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 10:12 am

Suffering? Don't make me laugh.

This is the best game of the series, hands down. Naysayers be damned, naval combat, hunting (don't fuck with whales and sharks), contracts, crafting, a worlds apart battle system from 3's awkwardness and a compelling narrative make this GOTY for me. The pirates of Nassau are bad asses, the Spanish and British armies are decorated with subtle villainy yet historically correct representations and the modern era story is monolithic. The characters are very well represented and nothing feels out of place or stuck on. The cities are brilliantly recreated and feel like 2's majestic city sprawling adventures while maintaining the naval warfare that is at the forefront of the game. The underwater excavation events make my hair stand up while I try to dodge a bull shark in a pit of urchins, coming back up to the surface with a new devastating plan to upgrade the ship he captains. The "villa" concept returns in 4, with Great Inagua as your base of operations after particular story events. Edward Kenway's story rules. AC3 was a tough sell, but AC4 is where it's at.

I probably won't convince anyone that this is worth the while, but I have to say everywhere the AC brand has fallen flat in the past shows no sign in 4. It's the best one yet.

The feeling of sinking a man o' war during a hurricane: legendary.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 11:42 am

Well that actually sounds pretty appealing, the way you put it. I have gotten really burnt out on the series as of late, but I may still give it a try at some point. As much as I love well-written narrative I miss the actual assassinations. It feels so different now.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 11:49 am

I hear you loud and clear when it comes to being burnt out. 3 was a very hard game to appreciate and the Ezio trilogy assassinations seem like errand boy shit. I like both games for what they offer, but I can see how, away from 1 (which had a subpar context but great gameplay aside from the SSI being too finnicky) that the series is very scripted event nonsense.

4 does have some scripted event assassinations, namely around the end of the game, but it amplifies the situation I believe. The fact that the assassinations aren't the only thing driving the game makes it feel less like Assassin's Creed and more like a different IP altogether while retaining the elements that make AC what it is. By and large a majority of the game is your way, your rules. A real sandbox overworld. It's brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 11:54 am

That's what I hoped it would get back to. I stopped before 3 - haven't played it yet, despite loving the native american and colonial america setting. I agree, the first game had a very subpar story. It wasn't bad by any means, but the mechanics were what really stood out for me. It felt like they moved ever closer to scripted moments which each installment. I can deal with them, but when it becomes so much that it feels like the roots of the series are gone I get burnt out.

The naval battles look stunning though and were one of the things that most excited me about AC3. I've heard from a few sources that they are fantastic this time around so that is brownie points for sure.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 1:19 pm

I feel like I was in the vast minority that preferred AC1 over 2. Just felt that the combat was less rewarding and it tried to do too much when less was more. I'm Italian and I preferred Altaire, he was a cold badass
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 3:39 pm

The naval combat is the dark side of the moon to this game: uncharted territory. It's a glorious aspect of a video game I have never witnessed come from the industry. This is the quantum leap forward in the brand. As long as they pair the assassinations, both scripted and sandbox, with something new and refreshing each time, they shouldn't have many issues as a franchise going forward.

The American Revolution was an incredible concept, but Ubisoft's recanting of the story fell short to the point where their fictional aberration of George Washington becoming King of America was more interesting.

Ezio is your typical hot-blooded antihero: you can't hate him because he's easily identifiable but it's precisely that which makes him less of a complex character as Connor from AC3, and infinitely less complex than Edward from AC4, whose character traits aren't so black and white. Altair just seems like a cipher until AC:R, in which you learn that he, too, is easily roused and learns the lesson far too late in his life.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 12:18 pm

Played Fatal Frame 2 for about 45 minutes and deleted it.

The first one was pretty good. But the fact that you could run out of film so deep in the game and walkthroughs suggest you to start over is just broken. The second clearly felt way better and the budget seems to have doubled at least. Unfortunately I was getting a headache playing it and wasn't having any fun. The ghosts were way scarier but I just had a sour taste in my mouth and didn't want to walk across 5km of area and invest every object to figure out where I'm supposed to be going.

Downloaded Binary Domain for free as a ps+ member. Looks like a mindless 3rd person cover based shooter. Looks good enough
Back to top Go down
Despotic Reign
A Good Fellow
Despotic Reign

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 3:11 pm

Modded the fuck out of Mass Effect 2. So very very pretty now...
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 4:17 pm

That Final Mission in ME2 is the highlight of the trilogy
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 10:35 am

Holy shit Binary Domain is awesome. I've never heard of this game. It plays just like Gears of War. Fun gameplay, good acting, interesting cutscenes.

I'm enjoying it far more than Dragon's Dogma or Kingdoms of Amular. Those games were brutal
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
ImendiaBurzum

Number of posts : 15462
Hedonistic Glory : 13031
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 6:17 am

so...Ghost sucks, its just retarded, they made it so dumb cod fanboys would get less mad just by making it easy for them to kill i mean, YOUR FUCKING DOG IS JUST IMBALANCED AS FUCK.
Ryse is pretty generic
GTA V its meh...
Saints Row IV is retarded yet a little bit fun
BF4....jesus i spend 4 mins sprinting between buildings and shit just to get sniped from a moving Helo across the fucking map...fuck man...

oh and i went back to BF2 wich is the SHIT!...never had so much fun with a BF game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 12:54 pm

Call of duty has never been the same after Ghost died. Freaking loved that guy. Also they stopped with the war quotes after you die. That was a brilliant segment
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
Gwonam

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 12:53 pm

Nobody cares about Carl on Duty anymore, evidently.

How about 2D fighting games? This one has me psyched for March, even if Sony intends to bankrupt me that month. It's basically Guilty Gear with more hands involved.

Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 1:53 pm

I played Blazblue Calamity Trigger a lot when it came out. I was a freaking beast with the the Ninja-type character
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Games Discussion    General Games Discussion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2