Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Movie Discussion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27706
Joined In : 2008-08-28

General Movie Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 7:09 pm

Thought we could use another go to thread in the Talkies and Popcorn other than what have you seen recently

Anyone else see the Evil Dead Remake?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 8:13 pm

havent. is it any good? when i take that cheerleader out for our first date, it might be cool to scare the poop out of her. "It's okay, Susan. Just hold onto me." Of course, this means that afterword, I'd have to put up with her opinion of the movie. Eew. Im such an asshole.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 8:56 pm

Its not bad man. Every scene is really violent and the movies pacing is extremely fast. Its like they are a bit afraid that youre going to get bored or stop being scared at some point. The gore is definitely way higher than the scare factor. Overall its worth seeing. Stay after the credits to see Brucey

That's hilarious, your humour is going to make me sleep with the light on tonight I think
Back to top Go down
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13527
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 9:19 pm

i heard it was good, might see but probably wont as i dont have the money. anyway, looking at your sig byd, i saw argo- overrated honestly. i thought it was super okay. nothing ground breaking. wreck it ralph was fun- my friends loved it more than i did, but it was a solid movie. i heard taken 2 was bad and i also heard brave was kinda dumb. though those last two i havent seen myself. i didn't like the first taken though so i had no interest in the second. i really need to see the avengers though, i heard that was incredible.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 9:56 pm

Sometimes with movies I feel like I'm throwing darts and hoping to hit a bullseye. That list looks that way eh?

To be honest I thought Silver Linings Playbook was the movie of the year so far. So much emotion, I really liked it.

I have a feeling I'm going to bail on it before I'm done but I'll try my best lol
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 10:41 pm

i hated the book haha
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 12:25 am

I can't believe I haven't seen Lincoln yet, the movie looks an outstanding historical epic.

I got kind of pissed at Life of Pi for winning so many awards.

The Hobbit got robbed.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18410
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 12:45 am

I loved the original Evil Dead movies, and of course Army of Darkness. I'll definitely be watching it, but I don't have the money to go to the cinema right now.

Anybody excited to see the new Great Gatsby film?
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 1:26 am

i agree about the hobbit being robbed. no idea why that movie is being so underrated. i didn't like book of the great gatsby, so i cant say im too excited about the movie. also not really a dicaprio fan. so that has that going against it for me as well.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18410
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 1:28 am

I loved the Hobbit, I think it was done better than the LotR proper. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Great Gatsby, but it was mostly because of the writing style. I love the time period, and I'm actually a big fan of DiCaprio so I'm pretty excited about it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 4:54 am

A few brief thoughts on your list Dave:

Argo (solid, though nothing amazing)
Lincoln (DDL's worst movie, over-hyped but watchable)
Wreck-it Ralph (awesome, Silverman manages to pitch cuteness just right without being sickly. Brief MGS reference was amazing)
Moonrise Kingdom (second best film of last year: proof that Willis still has some taste and acting chops)
Total Recall (unnecessary remake; it's pretty bad. Not a huge Farrell fan anyway)
Taken 2 (action can only carry a movie so far. Neeson is a badass, but he doesn't stop this from being an epic fail)
Jack Reacher (having read the books, if anything Cruise is the antithesis of Reacher. Even taken as a separate entity it's pretty poor)
Brave (not as good as I was hoping it would be. HTTYD looks like it will stay my favourite Pixar movie for a while yet)
Life of Pi (Ang Lee - most overrated director of the past 20 years. Shitty movie is shitty)
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:28 am

What are your top 10 2012 movies?
You guys might have seen mine but I can post it again
I still feel like once I see Lincoln it'll make my list. Too big of a man crush on Daniel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:51 am

1. Silver Linings Playbook
2. Moonrise Kingdom
3. Django Unchained
4. The Dark Knight Rises
5. Cloud Atlas
6. Wreck-It Ralph
7. Skyfall
8. For a Good Time, Call...
9. The Avengers
10. Chronicle

That's off the top of my head, no doubt I'm forgetting something of great importance...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 11:18 am

Axe wrote:
I loved the Hobbit, I think it was done better than the LotR proper. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Great Gatsby, but it was mostly because of the writing style. I love the time period, and I'm actually a big fan of DiCaprio so I'm pretty excited about it

i groaned when i saw the trailer. there's been a complete departure from Fitzgerald's actual style. It's been oversexed and stuff because thats the only way Americans would watch. May as well be a different book/movie. Also not a DiCaprio fan.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 1:14 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
1. Silver Linings Playbook
2. Moonrise Kingdom
3. Django Unchained
4. The Dark Knight Rises
5. Cloud Atlas
6. Wreck-It Ralph
7. Skyfall
8. For a Good Time, Call...
9. The Avengers
10. Chronicle

That's off the top of my head, no doubt I'm forgetting something of great importance...

What is #8?

I think Lawless and Looper were the biggest disappointments of the the year. I was expecting gold from Looper, then halfway through it became a nice story about a single mom.

Laweless has a cast of Shia Labeuf, Guy Pearce, Gary Oldman, Tom Hardy, and yet its still mediocre. Shia was grossly over used when the screen time should have been split to the most dynamic interesting people.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 2:52 pm

1. The hobbit
2. django
3. skyfall
4. Dark knight
5. wreck it ralph
6....i actually haven't seen that many movies this year. I guess argo, though I honestly wasn't impressed enough with it to put it on a list.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Watch Silver Linings Playbook man. You'll fall in love with Jennifer Lawrence
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 3:29 pm

idk man, really didn't like the book. but movies go faster than books so maybe ill give it a shot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 6:22 pm

For a Good Time, Call... is a comedy about two women who create a phone sex line. It's part gold, part shite, but the good bits are hilarious. Definitely worth a watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 7:52 pm

never heard of it, but i'll take your word and try to get my hands on it.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 8:53 pm

For those curious here is its imdb page
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1996264/?ref_=sr_1

Looks like one of Dies' more questionable selections lmao
I recognize an actor from CollegeHumour in this.

Let me watch the trailer
Dies what the h is this? I mean fuck, looks like garbage, now I have to watch it to y'know, make sure
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13137
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:27 pm

Looks terrible, might as well watch Birdemic or Sharktopus.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 12:32 am

or arachnoquake... (pssst....dont watch arachnoquake)
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 1:20 am

Watched Life of Pi. It was good. I don't think it deserved so many awards, like it cleaned up in the Oscars. But it was obviously really well animated. Shed a single tear for Orange Juice
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Just found out that my cousin (artist) was contacted by a developer of "The Human Centipede 2" and wants her to produce some art for them to hang up in their office.

She creates a lot of stickers/pins/drawings of horror movies that are reasonably priced.

Now I congratulated her as that is a pretty big compliment and asked "Have you seen it? What are you going to draw?"
"Nope, don't want to- will probably just draw the villain's face"
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 1:53 pm

that's pretty badass. does she have a website?
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 3:28 pm

Yeah, check her out http://www.sabrinaparolin.com/
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 4:09 pm

cool stuff, she's really talented
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 3:11 am

her prometheus one made me shit myself. good stuff (:
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 9:02 am

I think she had a both in a California convention of some sort once
I want to go to a convention at some point. I have a work convention all day today and tomorrow but I want a fun one with actors blackjack and hookers.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 10:43 am

Saw Taken 2 last night. Wasn't overly impressed but it was still fun. The novelty value was out the window unfortunately
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 9:05 pm

Have a tough time watching Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.
I love Asian Kung-Fu revenge flicks.
But when characters can simply fly out of the scene inexplicably just because they've trained is such a plot hole. I counted twice where the bad guy was cornered and just flew out of the country basically. Seemed like a pretty cheap way to not have plot - or make shortcuts. Maybe I just don't understand, but it just seemed so artsy it was pretentious. That was my biggest gripe. The rest of the movie was a good piece of art. A lot of deep meaning about life, etc. I was just really caught up on the flying segments. The actors looked silly getting flown around with strings
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 3:41 pm

you're just mad you can't fly
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 11:05 am

Been watching Korean thrillers. My god they are outstanding. They use the perfect amount of violence
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion    General Movie Discussion  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Movie Discussion
Page 1 of 1