Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Our Future?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
spineshank155
A Very Classy Extreme Metalhead
spineshank155

Number of posts : 547
Hedonistic Glory : 5417
Joined In : 2011-03-19

Our Future? Empty
PostSubject: Our Future?   Our Future? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:14 am

I don't know what your opinions are on planet resources, pollution & the overall health of the world.. but i feel the way things are going we won't really have much of a future.

Even if the planet survives we're already seemingly overpopulated (even if in reality it isn't) & i think we're at that point where we really should be focusing more on our health/well-being. Much like reducing waste & allowing ourselves to evolve past the 'survival' phase in life. Right now we're fighting for jobs, many people don't even have jobs. We got 3rd world countries that are (supposedly) suffering, crime, deception, and overall not everyone living on this planet is really happy with the way things are. We support pro-life & frown upon those who try to commit suicide when they feel they have no reason to live, or they grow tired of how their life is. No matter the cost, we continue living as if we're trying to be the strongest & let the weak fail.

I have found a couple of facebook pages like https://www.facebook.com/TheVenusProjectGlobal & https://www.facebook.com/TheZeitgeistMovement

And it's really thorough. One thing that i will mention that i don't agree with is a computerized government. Kinda like Star Trek we've seen the things that could go wrong with that. Even though it hasn't been proven yet we still know very little about what's in space, if an alien species really existed & started wiping out cities without a proper defense plan we'd all perish. Or majority of us would. Otherwise i really like the ideas & it's all straight forward and best of all we'd be free of having to deal with money or jobs.

The biggest problem is being able to implement the plan. The idea i have is get a good piece of land & start building. Of course we can't really do much without money so that in itself is a problem. Even a small portion of funds may work as we wouldn't need much resources. Many things are built poorly but if we were to start from scratch & build homes with the best materials to prevent any natural disaster from damaging it. Other personal things like computers & whatever recreational object you might want would be built with the best materials known to man.

We all know the ruling elite may not go for this idea as they're more attached to inanimate objects which they don't need to give up but ideally it's yet another ancient earth custom that is obsolete. I'd happily give up all my possessions just to live in this better world. Anyways i'd thought i would share this with everyone in here to see what you guys think. What you really think our future holds. I really don't see a future, unless ideas like this are put into effect. It all sounds nice on paper & even the creator of this project i believe has his own home.. or created a miniature version of what this new haven is... actually i would call it heaven.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/spineshank155
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 12188
Joined In : 2009-02-18

Our Future? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Future?   Our Future? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:48 pm

We'll certainly be around for a long time to come, and eventually our lineage. I think our lineage will last for hundreds of millions of years to come, until the sun's heating affects our climate heavily. Even then it might be possible for animals to adapt and survive. The real issue is that we need to figure out how we are going to sustain in the short term and avert major disasters.

I think an educated population with secular goals is really the best shot we have. The problems of the world aren't easy to solve...it'll take scientists, mathematicians, economists, politicians, engineers, etc. Eventually, if we are going to move forward, we are going to have to come to terms with some of our attitudes and behaviors (which you mentioned some of them). Ultimately I think there will have to be an artistic and intellectual shift in society. Think of the Renaissance, for example.
Back to top Go down
spineshank155
spineshank155

Our Future? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Future?   Our Future? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:20 pm

Education is the best tool we have. Music & arts is another great tool.

People took the technical side of Star Trek more than the mindset of it, which some of those things are hard to change an entire world like living/working without money. It's easy to get a small group of scientists/engineers to come up with new technology like cellphones, iPads & laptop computers. But it is hard to change a society that's been hard coded in working to make money rather then working to improve ourselves for a common goal, which technically we already do but the incentive is money in return. The best thing we can do is to educate people on this subject. The best place to start is friends. I'm sure most people would agree, it's better to work to better ourselves rather then trying to make a buck out of it.

The other issue with money is we really can't do much without it. It would take a large group of people that has different abilities to change this and it's got to be a mutual thing. This Venus Project is a really nice idea but in order to even touch base with it, to implement it we need to start taking steps. Emotionally we're all drained from every day life, working too hard for a common goal. I think the only way we're ever going to get anywhere with this is we have to stop fighting with one another.

Money isn't useful when we have people out on the street or are having a difficult time paying bills & most often it's impacted heavily emotionally. We all know life isn't easy but the nation isn't really doing much (or able to) about it. We could make life easier if we allow it to. Some people already have it easy with everything handed to them, if you have money it's no problem. All we can really do is educate people that money is just an incentive & the real incentive should be is to continue evolving & exploring ourselves and the things around us.
Back to top Go down
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13576
Joined In : 2010-05-01

Our Future? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Future?   Our Future? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:51 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
We'll certainly be around for a long time to come, and eventually our lineage. I think our lineage will last for hundreds of millions of years to come, until the sun's heating affects our climate heavily. Even then it might be possible for animals to adapt and survive. The real issue is that we need to figure out how we are going to sustain in the short term and avert major disasters.

I think an educated population with secular goals is really the best shot we have. The problems of the world aren't easy to solve...it'll take scientists, mathematicians, economists, politicians, engineers, etc. Eventually, if we are going to move forward, we are going to have to come to terms with some of our attitudes and behaviors (which you mentioned some of them). Ultimately I think there will have to be an artistic and intellectual shift in society. Think of the Renaissance, for example.

this

that venus project thing looks like a cult to me for some reason. i feel like we have to live through the next couple decades and then i feel their will be some sort of enlightment. the reason i say next couple of decades is because of countries like north korea who cant seem to stay away from stockpiling nukes and keeping insane people from leading the country. once he dies, or the world figures out how to get rid of the nuke threat, the world will probably start progressing more.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor
spineshank155
spineshank155

Our Future? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Future?   Our Future? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 3:13 pm

^ that's a good point.

And it will be a long time before The Venus Project will actually take effect.

In reality though we'll always need a way to protect ourselves. TVP doesn't condone violence which it almost seems like an actual heaven & even in order to implement it would take the entire world to agree with it. I just hope we can survive another generation or 2.

The major problem is we're not really united. Even the United States isn't united.. we're just united as different cultures. I'm not much of a treehugger although i don't waste anything, i don't buy something i'll regret later.. but eventually, it could be 20 years or 100 years.. we don't know but some resource will soon run dry & could have a major crisis on our hands. It could be something really important we all need in order to survive or it could just be something that no one really worries about, but we don't want to run out of something we need. Due to gas prices we're already running out of money, companies are making cutbacks & are closing stores, going bankrupt while people lose their jobs others get loss of hours or commission due to the weakened so already we're running out of something.

It doesn't effect everyone but many people are having a rough time paying bills or having to move back to their parents home & making other cutbacks. I know TVP won't be an overnight project & after Lor pointing me out that we're still packing weapons it shouldn't be ignored.

Infact having weapons & defensive capabilities are what we can't live without. What if there is some distant world that came here to attack us with spaceships trying to take over our world or obliterate it? I'm not saying it will happen but there is that possibility & if we existed as TVP we'd be crushed like bugs. Again it's all theoretical but the only thing our world needs to do is to unite & and only keep weapons for defensive measures against any hostile attacks. I'm not saying it'll be easy to have peaceful relations with all our countries but really it's the leaders wanting power. It's not the entire nation. When the nation starts thinking on their own & wishes our leaders to prevent or stops wars from happening it'll be easier to work together for a common goal.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27755
Joined In : 2008-08-28

Our Future? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Future?   Our Future? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:23 pm

I really want to bring up 1984 but I feel that I might go nowhere with it
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13576
Joined In : 2010-05-01

Our Future? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Future?   Our Future? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 8:42 pm

yeah i get a brave new world vibe from the venus project.

and protection against aliens isnt something i think we should be worried about.

1st reason- if they have already made contact with us, then yeah,t they're already here and could probably destroy us whenever they want

2nd reason, any civilization capable of surviving that long (at least the way im working it out), probably figured out that violence is not the best way of continueing there species, a lesson probably learned from going through a situation similar to what our civilization is experiencing now.

a global unification is the only way having nukes for protection would ever be seen as doable because it would prevent us from killing ourselves. this is something that probably wont happen. idk
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor
spineshank155
spineshank155

Our Future? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Future?   Our Future? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:18 am

Well in response to your 1st reason, again this is theoretical.. i mean maybe perhaps they're not advanced yet & im not even saying they'll automatically be hostile. In fact i to doubt we really need to have weapons designed to protect ourselves from a possible alien attack unless we're exploring outside our solar system.

With the 2nd reason im sure if there are advanced civilizations they would know that.. unless they're Ferengi or Klingon.

Either way im just thinking prepared.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our Future? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Future?   Our Future? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Future?
Page 1 of 1