Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)

Go down 
+7
Taxer666
VacuousReality
MarshallEMG
LOR
ImendiaBurzum
Master Cthulhu
Brute
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

So, Thoughts?
Canvas Solaris were LEGIT!
Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) Vote_lcap18%Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) Vote_rcap
 18% [ 4 ]
CS were talented, but its not for me
Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) Vote_lcap27%Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) Vote_rcap
 27% [ 6 ]
CS suck.
Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) Vote_lcap5%Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Amogh Symphony we LEGIT!
Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) Vote_lcap14%Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
AS were talented, but its not for me
Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) Vote_lcap18%Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) Vote_rcap
 18% [ 4 ]
AS suck.
 18% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 17333
Joined In : 2008-10-13

Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) Empty
PostSubject: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:40 pm

Welcome back everyone to the FIRST week of the Music Club Challenge. A few rules, regulations, and thoughts before I officially start
Layout – Let’s all try and have the same layout. It looks nice and personally, I think it helps with bias…don’t ask me why, but I think if we all keep the same structure, we will have an easy and succinct thread that can be revisited for many years to come. Id ask that everyone title their own thread with whatever they want, but at the end of their title to include a common structure such as the one I did. (MCCW#X). That will make using the forum’s search feature much easier to use
Content – As far as music goes, the sky is the limit. There are only a few rules I would like to stress.
1) You have to like it. Straightforward enough
2) You may post a MAX of 2 albums per turn. 0 is not an option.
3) Direct Download links are highly preferred, but if you don’t know how to do that, don’t fret, we can fix that
4) Include a poll. Make it simple ask us anything, but specifically if we like it or not
5) Make your post an announcement, when your week is up, some admin or mod will change your post to become a normal thread, and the person following you will make their thread an announcement
6) We cant make you, but you must listen to the whole album
7) You must comment. Responses like, “cool stuff man”, or “it sucked” isn’t good enough. If you post a simple answer, your post will be deleted. Make your post review-like.
Other than that, Music Club is all up to you. If you can think of anything, you aren’t trying hard enough. There is always someone that hasn’t fully heard something

AND WITH THAT…Lets start week one!!

Howdy everyone. I have two artists I would like to showcase for this week’s Music Club Challenge.
First up:

Canvas Solaris
Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) Canvas10

Canvas Solaris is an instrumental progressive metal band. They are a recent discovery for me. As instrumental music goes, they are new and different. Their work is more lighthearted and classical in nature, rather than the other instrumental artists i enjoy that are influenced more by jazz (and dont quote me, im not an authority on music theory and the like). Georgians Canvas Solaris have an expansive and well crafted discography. You can look them up more here:
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=17658

Just a quick note, a reviewer for one of their albums said this:
"This isn't an over the top shred fest"
In my eyes, thats what instrumental music strive to be. NOT A SHRED-FEST. Canvas Solaris do this excellently.

The album that i would like people to listen to is Canvas Solaris' most recent album:
Irradiance
Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) 52728_10

You can get it and all its glory here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zwjyw0wmmzl

"Now for something completely different"

Well, relatively similar. My second album i'd like to showcase is by the Progressive Death Metal band,
Amogh Symphony
Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) Visha-10

Amogh Symphony is one dude straight out of Mumbai India, which is cause for pause right off the bat. We dont hear much about India having a music scene. The main artist, Vishaljit Singh, crafts his unusual style from so many types of music. Largely, his first and so far only album is instrumental. There are 2 tracks that utilize a very distorted growl in the background, but i consider Amogh Symphony to be an instrumental band first and foremost. The album is really intricate and in sharp contrast to Canvas Solaris, Amogh Symphony is an over-the-top shred-fest. I have to be careful what i say next as to not give people a bad impression. He utilizes turntables and synths to fully achieve his sounf. Best way i can put it is if a train full of guitar death metal virtuosos crashed into some geeky dance club electronica dude that has a neck tat. Not a glowing review per say, but this album is full of nuances and sweeping soundscapes that will blow your mind. Trust me, this is something worth listening to.

You can research Amogh Symphony here:
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=102473

The album is:
Abolishing the Obsolete System
Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) Abolis10

You can get it and all its glory here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mjnrxgqwokn
reliable links for this artist are tough to find. please let me know if this works or not. also, i have noticed that certain download versions name things incorrectly. Please refer to the metalarchives page for correct song titles. Match up song titles with song length to get an accurate name.

So with that, I, Brute, OFFICIALLY kick off Music Club Challenge. Good luck, and happy listening from yours truly.

Last edited by Brute on Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147489033
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:47 pm

Quick question - who goes next week?

Downloading now.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:50 pm

good question. i just got the ball rolling. im sure we can make a list quite soon.
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
ImendiaBurzum

Number of posts : 15462
Hedonistic Glory : 13082
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:33 pm

dling as we speak!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
LOR

Number of posts : 7802
Hedonistic Glory : 13579
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:47 pm

will be back later to check it out maybe if its not to late. gtg rehearsal. BUT YAY!! IT STARTED! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/halloflor
MarshallEMG
True Gentleman
MarshallEMG

Number of posts : 1619
Hedonistic Glory : 7302
Joined In : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Dling, will listen over the next few days
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:22 pm

Just finished listening to both of them.

Canvas was actually pretty good, if not a bit boring and uninteresting. I'll give them the middle option, since they obviously have some good in them.

Now, this is where we get to the meat and potatoes here:

Amogh Symphony was one of the worst fucking things I've heard all year. I'm deleting it off my hard drive instantly. To be honest, I'm surprised I even forced myself to sit through the entire thing. I might have lost some of my mental sanity in the process.

The thing that makes it ever more sickening, though, is that it has a promising intro. The quiet, melodic electronic interludes are actually pretty good and relaxing, but what little good that exists is seriously just shred to bits and thrown into the garbage compactor when coupled with the loud, obnoxious hammering of annoying patterns in the "metal" sections, not to mention the "soloing" which is just awful. The entire package was one annoying, incoherent mess.

Multiple times I threw my arms in the air, going "wtf was he thinking?!?"

Ugh, I need a shower.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:24 pm

*shrugs*
win some, lose some

I quite like it. maybe its my indecisive mind and inattentiveness that makes me like it XD

thanks for being a sport. i would suggest that if you LOATHE something, that you can skip it, but kudos to sitting through it

and how do we have 10 votes already? mc and i voted 2 times a piece, that leaves 6 votes or 3 people (following rules) that havent identified themselves. interesting

Last edited by Brute on Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:25 pm

No hard feelings or anything, but hey you have to sit through mine so it evens out Razz
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:27 pm

Mista Conthulha wrote:
No hard feelings or anything, but hey you have to sit through mine so it evens out Razz
you provided Aspid. ill sit through anything if it means finding another band of that quality
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 12191
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:23 am

Downloading. I'm already hearing a little bit of Amogh Symphony from Taxer's computer but my mind rejects things that it doesn't acknowledge and focus on.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:33 am

im gonna start listening in a few seconds. for future reference, how do you make an announcement?
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

Number of posts : 7204
Hedonistic Glory : 13189
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:52 am

Canvas Solaris

First and foremost, let me just say this band wasn't my thing. I like very specific instrumental music, and usually stuff like this isn't it. That being said, it was by no means bad. It was decent background music, but I found myself really bored when I actually tried to pay attention to it. Not bad, but nothing to write home about. 6/10

Amogh Symphony

Where should I start with this. Really, there wasn't a single damn thing that I liked about this band. The guitar tone, the wanky nature of the music, the random transitions, nothing. It sounded like bad wank mixed with video game music and random "world" shit. I almost feel like deleting this from my last.fm as well because it was that bad. I think this guy should join another band where he doesn't have any musical say or take up pottery. 2/10
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:55 am

ahhh...but it scored at least a 2. hahahahah

Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:59 am

1 is reserved for Deahtcore and Six Feet Under only, so 2 is usually the lowest thing I give. Still, no hard feelings Broseph.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:01 am

what about announcements? how do they work?

also only half of canvas is on youtube... so i is downloading Sad
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:04 am

hhaha
always reserve the lowest score for deathcore. its a rhyme, so you know its true
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:05 am

LOR wrote:
what about announcements? how do they work?

also only half of canvas is on youtube... so i is downloading Sad

when you make a post, scroll down to "options" and check the box "announcment"

and dont be sad to download. welcome to the rest of the world
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:05 am

STOP IGNORING ME?!?!? Sad

also, i haz problem. i haz no winRAR 😕
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:07 am

WELL GET WINRAR OR 7ZIP!!!
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:13 am

THATS MONEY COSTING!!!!
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:15 am

No its free
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:25 am

thats not what it said on the trial version that came with canvas. i just uninstalled it cuz it said to. cheers

Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:26 am

The free trial basically is the full trial. It works perfectly and lets you do everything. I've had it for years and it always says "lulz free trial"
Back to top Go down
Palpi of Lor
Pure Class
Palpi of Lor

Number of posts : 594
Hedonistic Glory : 5777
Joined In : 2010-05-03
Location : GETTING MY FAT RUBBED BY IB IN THE DEPTHS OF HELL!!

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:27 am

its free

you're dumb
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:31 am

already uninstalled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! huzzah!!!!!!!!!!! cheers Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) 403820 cheers
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
Taxer666

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:51 am

reinstall
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:56 am

if i have to. i dont plan on stealing any more music though unless i have to.
Back to top Go down
LOR
LOR

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:11 am

okey dokey. i just finished both.

canvas: not really up my ally, but i can appreciate what they are doing. Obviously very good musicians. They just tended to bore me a little. like taxer said, it was nice to kind have in the background, hard to focus on.

amogh: i thought i started liking it at the start, but eventually all of the technicality seemed to get overwhelming. Seemed like technicality for technicalities sake, which is usually something i can tolerate. There were good moments here and there and they are obviously tremendous musicians, it just didn't feel focused to me. First and last track where the ones that caught my attention the most. I did like some of the trance things they had going in some other songs thuogh - twas nice.

i think i liked canvas a little more, but they are both going to get the mid rating from me.

this is fun though Very Happy

hurray music club!!!
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
ImendiaBurzum

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:36 pm

I have no time today...maybe on sunday i could unzip it Smile
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 13790
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:54 pm

Will download once I get on a computer that can actually play music.

Yeah, that's how bad this computer is.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18462
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:06 pm

I got about four songs into Canvas before my fucking aux cable broke! the fucking tip fell off. Now I have to listen through these crappy laptop speakers which I don't want to do.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:32 pm

yeah dont. i wont care if you wait
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

Number of posts : 7786
Hedonistic Glory : 12858
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:03 pm

Downloading.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

Number of posts : 7786
Hedonistic Glory : 12858
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:20 pm

I enjoyed AS alot more then the other band.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:23 pm

hahaah, our opinions here seem to run the gamut
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18462
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:33 pm

I will try to dig out my headphones tonight sometime. I like Canvas from what I've heard so far though.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:42 pm

coo-coo-coolio
Back to top Go down
MarshallEMG
True Gentleman
MarshallEMG

Number of posts : 1619
Hedonistic Glory : 7302
Joined In : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 8:10 pm

both are average for me
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 9:34 pm

Downloading now.
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
ImendiaBurzum

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 2:49 pm

They are both ok....AS was far better tha canvas imho
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:50 pm

Canvas were pretty solid. Pretty chill and they're undoubtably good musicians. They did eventually get quite boring though and I doubt I'll ever feel the urge to listen to the whole album again. It's good music to have on in the background when I'm not really paying attention to it but they're not something I'll ever get excited about.

Amogh Syphony...oh, man...

It was awful. The only part of the album that was good was the cool relaxing intro it had. As soon as the guitars kicked in, it went to shit. It sounded like he was out of tune in every song, his solos were just a random clusterfuck of notes and the guitar tone was bloody terrible. I've heard demos from unsigned local bands whose members are all still at high school who produce a better sound than that. The parts where the vocals came in made it even worse. There was absolutely no point in them and they were fucking awful. He should have just stuck to an all out instrumental album. At least then, it would have been slightly less shit. I had to force myself to listen to the whole thing. It's leaving my iPod and never coming back.

Sorry, Brute, but GOD! It was just bad. No offence. LOL
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 9:49 pm

heh.

I'm excited about mine, I have both albums lined up and I haven't posted any of them here though I have been listening to both albums almost exclusively the past couple of days.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:10 pm

Darkflame wrote:
Canvas were pretty solid. Pretty chill and they're undoubtably good musicians. They did eventually get quite boring though and I doubt I'll ever feel the urge to listen to the whole album again. It's good music to have on in the background when I'm not really paying attention to it but they're not something I'll ever get excited about.

It was awful. The only part of the album that was good was the cool relaxing intro it had. As soon as the guitars kicked in, it went to shit. It sounded like he was out of tune in every song, his solos were just a random clusterfuck of notes and the guitar tone was bloody terrible. I've heard demos from unsigned local bands whose members are all still at high school who produce a better sound than that. The parts where the vocals came in made it even worse. There was absolutely no point in them and they were fucking awful. He should have just stuck to an all out instrumental album. At least then, it would have been slightly less shit. I had to force myself to listen to the whole thing. It's leaving my iPod and never coming back.

you are a regular taxer now XD
:hi5:
thanks for sticking with it champ. sorry it didnt go your way. i had an inkling that they would be poorly received here. damn, now i feel like a fool for even posting it, what with so many passionate votes for them sucking.
Mista Conthulha wrote:
heh.

I'm excited about mine, I have both albums lined up and I haven't posted any of them here though I have been listening to both albums almost exclusively the past couple of days.
dude IM PSYCHED! i cant wait for yours!......post it tomorrow, thats thursday, thats the new album day
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:15 pm

I was gonna post an instrumental Doom album for you, but I found one that I like more so it got shoved out of the equation Razz
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 pm

thats totally acceptable....but now you must forfeit that band and tell me anyways since im interested to check it out
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:20 pm

I may or may not have posted them before. I think I have.

Anyways:

http://www.iradelbaccano.it/

The album is available for free from the official site. It's technically a live album but it's played very well and sounds like a full length.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:26 pm

i have never seen this before, then again, i rarely check new threads
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:29 pm

Brute wrote:
Darkflame wrote:

you are a regular taxer now XD
:hi5:
thanks for sticking with it champ. sorry it didnt go your way. i had an inkling that they would be poorly received here. damn, now i feel like a fool for even posting it, what with so many passionate votes for them sucking.
Hehe, you're allowed to hate mine if you want.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:32 pm

oh im not upset nor do i want a "freebie" to bash your bands...im just surprised you could be so passionate about that. that was phrased like a true troll hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)   Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Music Club Challenge Week 1 (MCCW1)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next