Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Creators of South Park Receieve Death Threats

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27749
Joined In : 2008-08-28

Creators of South Park Receieve Death Threats Empty
PostSubject: Creators of South Park Receieve Death Threats   Creators of South Park Receieve Death Threats I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:20 am

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – A U.S. Muslim group has issued a dire Internet "warning" to creators of the satirical animated TV show "South Park" over a depiction of the Prophet Mohammad in a bear outfit.
"We have to warn Matt (Stone) and Trey (Parker) that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show," said a posting on website RevolutionMuslim.com.
The website posted a graphic photo of slain Dutch filmmaker Theo Van Gogh, who was killed in 2004 by an Islamic militant over a movie he made that accused Islam of condoning violence against women.
It also posted link to a news article with details of a mansion in Colorado that Parker and Stone apparently own, suggesting the Web posters know where to find the South Park creators.
The episode in question aired last week on cable channel Comedy Central of the 200th episode of "South Park", in which the Prophet Mohammad was depicted in a bear outfit.
"South Park" has a history of aiming biting satire at politicians, celebrities and the media, and its episodes have often drawn criticism.
The website of Revolution Muslim was down on Wednesday because of what a leader of the group called a traffic overload.
The head of Revolution Muslim, Younus Abdullah Muhammad, 30, defended the posting.
"How is that a threat?," he told Reuters. "Showing a case study right there of what happened to another individual who conducted himself in a very similar manner? It's just evidence."
Muhammad said his group "didn't tell anyone to go to their houses and conduct violence" and he added he is not worried the Web post would lead to violence against Parker or Stone.
He described his group as an alternative media outlet with about 20 active posters to the website. Members also engage in demonstrations and lectures at mosques, he said.
"Why would anybody that is plotting or planning to commit a violent act in retaliation, why would they need a post on RevolutionMuslim.com?" he said.
Comedy Central, a unit of Viacom Inc that airs "South Park," declined to comment.

So let me get this straight. South Park can infinitely call Kyle a fucking Jew. Cartman always calls that one kid a black asshole. Jesus is always made fun of. So when Islam gets parodied they give death threats? Please
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18453
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Creators of South Park Receieve Death Threats   Creators of South Park Receieve Death Threats I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:04 pm

That's retarded to me. I wish people would stop crying about stupid things. There's album covers of Jesus being ripped apart, and nobody goes insane over it. I don't see why some people are the way they are
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child
Darkflame

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 13781
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Creators of South Park Receieve Death Threats   Creators of South Park Receieve Death Threats I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:08 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
So let me get this straight. South Park can infinitely call Kyle a fucking Jew. Cartman always calls that one kid a black asshole. Jesus is always made fun of. So when Islam gets parodied they give death threats? Please
Totally agree. They don't mean anything by it, it's just a joke.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

Number of posts : 7786
Hedonistic Glory : 12849
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Creators of South Park Receieve Death Threats   Creators of South Park Receieve Death Threats I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:29 pm

It's just a joke, I will never understand why Muslims hold images of Muhammed so sacredly, so I can't exactly judge it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creators of South Park Receieve Death Threats   Creators of South Park Receieve Death Threats I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:00 am

I've already had this argument on metal horde after the Jyllands-Posten cartoon fiasco: I was not amused.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27749
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Creators of South Park Receieve Death Threats   Creators of South Park Receieve Death Threats I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 12:04 pm

Comedy > Your beliefs
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 12182
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Creators of South Park Receieve Death Threats   Creators of South Park Receieve Death Threats I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:55 am

Not really much to say here. Not impressed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creators of South Park Receieve Death Threats   Creators of South Park Receieve Death Threats I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Creators of South Park Receieve Death Threats
Page 1 of 1