Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guitar Hero 5? First impressions

Go down 
+8
Master Cthulhu
Axe
Bloodbeast
VacuousReality
PIG
breakyoudown
link
TheskyisblueFTW
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician
TheskyisblueFTW

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 9078
Joined In : 2008-09-23

Guitar Hero 5? First impressions Empty
PostSubject: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:22 am

Got the game today its pretty good not as good set list as World tour or the second one. its nearly impossible to find people online the most I've gotten was 4 people at once including me and we all played guitar which is the cool thing about this game 4 V 4 Guitar battles so instrument combinations are ridiculous. Creating a song is still confusing, I was only in create mode for like 5 seconds so I could get the Achievement. oh and speaking of which playing my first song I got 4 achievements, one of which was called OVER 9000 I kid you not that is legitimate just check my gamer profile. They alot more Depth (i guess you could call it that) to career, they push the whole band thing into to it because you will actually need a band to get all the extras in career mode you can still go through as a drummer guitarist or whatever, but you wont get some goals done because they're set up for specific instruments. Online seems to have a problem as well I mentioned it earlier, I can never find anyone and if some leaves the party you have to start the search all over again,which makes it nearly impossible to find a full head to head band battle. Graphically Guitar Hero 5 looks a little to realistic I mean like Guitar hero 3 that looked alright actually I thought it looked great the characters in five look way to real, even though you think it would be a good thing its not and the fact that they let you play as your Xbox mii whatever does help, the cartoonish characters stand out way to much compared to the realistic rockers, but I still think the whole avatar thing is awesome. Now there I think 49 Achievments in this game I've gotten ten in a couple of hours but still the remaining ones will take a while and some seem impossible like, Scoring 1,000,000 points on one song, yeah thats legit, if you think thats bad there an even higher one that requires you to score 3,000,000 points. So basically I've given you a run down of what I think so far I be sure to keep updating as I play the game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
link
Deliciously Fat
link

Number of posts : 7786
Hedonistic Glory : 12855
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:23 am

f*** GUITAR HERO

that is my basic response
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27755
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 2:28 pm

Guitar hero is awesome
But I think I'm done buying them GH3 is enough lol
What are the final songs?
Back to top Go down
PIG
A Good Fellow
PIG

Number of posts : 32
Hedonistic Glory : 5413
Joined In : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:48 pm

Once upon a time I bought me some music games, I swore not to buy another one until there was a pure heavymetal edition of GH or Rockband.
I do however play frets on fire, It's an opensource music game, guitar only, the upside is that there are few songs that I want to 'play' that haven't been created by the community. The downside is that the community is ALOT better then me.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 12188
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:34 pm

I didn't even take the time to finish playing World Tour because the songs were so joyless it wasn't worth the time. The first three were the best.
Back to top Go down
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
Bloodbeast

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 7248
Joined In : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:39 pm

Guitar Hero ruins music.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18459
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:45 pm

+ rep

I love playing Guitar Hero, but I HATE when people learn about a song from Guitar Hero and think the band is the greatest band ever, even though they only like 1 song.

/facepalm

This bothers me so much. I bet there's gonna be twice as many faggots into CoB because of this
Back to top Go down
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
Bloodbeast

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:56 pm

Axeforhire wrote:
+ rep

I love playing Guitar Hero, but I HATE when people learn about a song from Guitar Hero and think the band is the greatest band ever, even though they only like 1 song.

/facepalm

This bothers me so much. I bet there's gonna be twice as many faggots into CoB because of this
Someone who gets it! People hear one song, and think they're a fan of the band. They don't even take the effort to go listen to their albums. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:58 pm

I cannot accurately show my hatred with words. I just want to smash something over someone's head.

True story. I was in study hall once, and I went to one of the computer labs to get work done. I was listening to Ratt (an 80's Glam band that was on GH Encore), and some fucknut behind me's like "Wow! You play guitar hero too?! I love that band!".

I just wanted to tear out his jugular
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:00 pm

I have said this since the beginning of time, f*** guitar hero, that is all that has to be said.
Back to top Go down
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
Bloodbeast

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:03 pm

Ratt's pretty good. Let me guess, it was the track they used for the game? Pssht, only rip out his jugular? He deserves much worse than that.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:05 pm

Blood Beast wrote:
Ratt's pretty good. Let me guess, it was the track they used for the game? Pssht, only rip out his jugular? He deserves much worse than that.

Dude, there is so much worse that kid deserves.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:06 pm

Yes, it was "Round and Round", the only song pretty much anyone knows by them because they learned about them from Guitar Hero.

I think this accurately displays how I feel about this

Guitar Hero 5? First impressions Facepa10
Back to top Go down
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
Bloodbeast

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:08 pm

Axeforhire wrote:
Yes, it was "Round and Round", the only song pretty much anyone knows by them because they learned about them from Guitar Hero.

I think this accurately displays how I feel about this

Guitar Hero 5? First impressions Facepa10
Lol, + rep.
Back to top Go down
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
Bloodbeast

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:09 pm

link wrote:
Blood Beast wrote:

Dude, there is so much worse that kid deserves.
For starters, he could have s*** down his missing throat.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:10 pm

lol I JUST found that online, I was looking for the double facepalm one but I think this one's better
Back to top Go down
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
Bloodbeast

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:12 pm

I'm saving that one.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147489030
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:18 pm

Guitar Hero 5 is out?

Was there a 4th?
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:19 pm

yeah world tour was 4
Back to top Go down
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
Bloodbeast

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:20 pm

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Guitar Hero 5 is out?

Was there a 4th?
Mustn't there be a fourth for there to be a fifth?
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:23 pm

Oh. Yeah I didn't even know that WT was 4.

I don't play GH, anyways.
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician
TheskyisblueFTW

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:47 pm

yeah I only bought cause I got the game and guitar for $40, I think I'm probably gonna trade it in for 3, or maybe world tour, the achievements are hella easy to get though, I bet if you play it for a eek you can get most of them, personally this is the worst one for me, My favourites are 3 and World tour
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:52 pm

That's pretty expensive.

I could use that for 40 days to eat.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:24 am

I love GH and Rock band. I learn new songs from rock band. Sometimes those are the only songs I know by the band, and I talk about it because I like it.

Does that make me a fag?
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat
link

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:33 am

If you understand why we hate it, and you don't use that as an excuse to think you know everything about guitars and stuff, then you are perfectly fine sir.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:35 am

I definitely am hardcore amateur when it comes to most things music because I've only been a metal head for 5 years sooo yeah lol
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:45 am

Also, welcome aboard Pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:43 am

I don't bother with crap like Guitar Hero: I'd much rather spend my time playing the actual guitar, and not be told how good I am by some retarded game for pushing 5 buttons. GH blows, its a mockery of the skill it takes to play the real instrument.
Back to top Go down
Shady
Lightning Rider
Shady

Number of posts : 1372
Hedonistic Glory : 6716
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:16 am

I don't know, Guitar Hero 3 introduced bands like Slayer and Metallica to a wider audience, and probably gave them new fans, I can't see why that's a bad thing, although I'm not buying anymore after World Tour because they're just milking the franchise now.
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician
TheskyisblueFTW

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:26 am

Master Cthulhu wrote:
That's pretty expensive.

I could use that for 40 days to eat.

wait you can live on a dollar a day? thats pretty much eating instant noodles everyday
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:23 pm

Instant noodles are delicious
Haven't had em in years
Back to top Go down
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
Bloodbeast

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:43 pm

Okay, Guitar Hero was good when it first came out. Now they've over done it. It's gonna turn into something Final Fantasy or those damn Now cd's. Five now, going on twelve. I also admit it's a decent way to find a new band, but only knowing one song from that band, off the game doesn't make you a fan. For all you know the rest of the songs could suck balls. Take the time to listen to a few more tracks, before you decide.
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 14155
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:50 pm

Yeah its kinda back and forth. While it might be a cool way to find new bands and sure I don't see a problem playing it for fun I'm a big rock band fan myself and its a blast just to play with friends for a few hours at a party. But I really do think it is cutting down on the number of kids who would want to pick up a guitar or bass or whatever but decided that the games are more isntant gratification and spent an assload of time to be able to play on 5X hyperspeed with your tongue while you aren't facing the screen. But then say you don't have the time to learn to play a real instrument....thats a problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Ejaffin13
True Gentleman
Ejaffin13

Number of posts : 826
Hedonistic Glory : 5810
Joined In : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:11 pm

I can't talk lol
I'm all about GH but thats cause I'm really good
if i sucked it would probably be a different story

but then again thats how it works for most things
99% of the time if someone says they hate a sport or game its cause they suck at it
also an interesting fact
99% of THOSE people will lie and say thats not the reason but we all know it is
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:16 pm

THat is true to an extent
Like I love playing chess.
But when I know I'm going to lose I get pissed as f*** so I hate chess
But I still like it right now
Back to top Go down
Ejaffin13
True Gentleman
Ejaffin13

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:19 pm

Thats almost like when Someone own the game but don't tell anyone that they play
because then someone might want to hang out and play
and that would make then realize they suck and piss them off
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
blackstar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 14155
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:46 pm

I'm pretty good at rock band I fail pretty hard at guitar hero for some reason not really sure what the difference is though lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:44 pm

GH is like Golf.

If you are having a good day, it's a blast and it's fun to make everybody angry.

If you're having a bad day, all you want to do is something else and throw the club at people who are having a good day.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 12188
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:56 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
THat is true to an extent
Like I love playing chess.
But when I know I'm going to lose I get pissed as f*** so I hate chess
But I still like it right now

We must play. I'm rusty and my spatial logic sucks, but I will fight you to the end.

As for GH I'll admit I played it a little too much but it was still fun. I never passed any of the "God" songs like the Bucket Head one or the Dragon Force one but everything else I could do on expert decently well. Some of them stumped me at first like that one Mute song (right?) just because I couldn't strum fast enough it took a few days to get faster and also some songs with really tricky "riffing".

I play my guitar now it's a lot of fun I enjoy it and I'm not rushing to get good. It could take 4 years for all I care I just have fun with it.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:51 am

I played Mario Party today with 4 friends. I was being cheap to win games and nobody would stfu when I did well. I didn't even win lol
Back to top Go down
Ejaffin13
True Gentleman
Ejaffin13

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:42 am

I beat every song lol
and 5*ed everything except TDWDTG and Rev Deathsquad
but thats only because I got rid of my 360 and didn't redownload on the ps3
so with a lil practice i know i could
as for the buckethead song(soothsayer=great song) you can 5* it without hitting any of the solos
but if you meant Jordan then well... idk you either can or can't lol
that song is something you need to devote a lot of time to to learn the tapping for it
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:48 am

I wanna see a video of you playing
Back to top Go down
Ejaffin13
True Gentleman
Ejaffin13

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:52 am

Its on my to do list trust me lol
I just have stuff that i need to spend my money of first
like college and such
as soon as a get a good video camera or a capture card
I'll sit down and put some time into an FC and post it
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:58 am

But!
Can you perfect an easy song?
Back to top Go down
Ejaffin13
True Gentleman
Ejaffin13

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:01 am

no way its out of my league
thats like being a giant among men
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:04 am

Lol I can't its too easy its hard
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:07 am

I HATE that! Once I started playing expert, easy was harder. I would always lose concentration and miss one note because it was so tedious
Back to top Go down
Ejaffin13
True Gentleman
Ejaffin13

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:09 am

Well if I play anything lower than hard I'm playing lefty lol
and I can't actually play some songs on hard and expert on lefty and pass
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:10 am

You play songs left handed for fun?
Godamn what are you?
Back to top Go down
Ejaffin13
True Gentleman
Ejaffin13

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:16 am

I didn't really for fun just for something to do
After I 5*ed TtFaF I didn't know what to do besides up my scores on songs
and that gets really boring playing a song over and over
trying to squeeze out a few more points or get a few more ticks off a hold
so I did that instead lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero 5? First impressions   Guitar Hero 5? First impressions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guitar Hero 5? First impressions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next