Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shady
Lightning Rider
Shady

Number of posts : 1372
Hedonistic Glory : 6720
Joined In : 2008-08-30

Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding? Empty
PostSubject: Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding?   Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:39 pm

IW community man Robert Bowling showed off wielding two Desert Eagle pistols - an ability being referred to as 'Akimbo' - during a single-player game at a recent GameCrazy show, much to the glee of attendees. But it won't cause balance issues, assures Bowling.

"Now to calm some initial fears of "OMG! Overpowered!" Akimbo is limited and balanced, just like EVERYTHING in the game," he explained.

"It's limited to sidearms, harder to aim than standard and you can't go ADS (aim down sights) since you have a weapon in each hand, among other balancing techniques, so don't freak out before you see it in action," he said (via IGN).

My opinion - mistake, let's hear what you's think.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 17334
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding?   Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 4:05 pm

i think its fine. i mean, if it doesnt upset balance, than by all means do it
i think that with each thing you can do that is cool, it has to have its downsides. that explanation made it seem more difficult to aim, which is fine, cuse you have two deagles.

i mean, if you could Aikimbo with m4's silenced with double tap, than yeah, the game would suck balls
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27759
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding?   Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:33 pm

I veto
Then whenever I use a pistol that isn't dual wielding i'll be pissed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding?   Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:35 am

oh like it matters. it will be in the perk slot with some other things that could be useful and will probably be way more popular. look at what the gaming community is bitching about:
m4 overpowered
m16 overpowered
p90 overpowered
mp5 overpowered
martyrdom
last stand (seriously has anyone ever managed to get a kill with this?)
hard core ("they can't aim, they suck")
juggernaut
x3 frags
snipers gliched
g3 silenced has a melee glitch
m40a1 (think it's the name) with ACOG is a one shot kill gun
ak74-u is an assault rifle and it has the wrong image or name (actually yugo m92 does look similar)
ak 47 and ak 74-u get a damage penalty when using an attachment on them, plus the 74 has a really nasty hip spread to it in that case as well

and then you come across a guy who is using this:
mp5 with a silencer
deagle
x3 frags
juggernaut
martyrdom

and nobody says a damn thing about it. it's all just a standpoint that has rarely anything to do with the game or the skill. look at the m14. a solid rifle with a lot of damage, but hardly anyone uses it because of the recoil and "nasty" iron sights. now if more ppl would have the balls to not ***** about it and try using sth besides later tag and super low recoil g3 then you would have # of the biggest cry reasons removed.
same thing with snipers. r700 isn't good because of the recoil and only 4 bullets according to some ppl. just one small fact - usually one bullet is all that's needed to get a kill. m21 can be used because of the super low recoil so it's ok, but look at the dragunov - barret comparison. way too many ppl will use the barret because it's a one shot kill gun almost anywhere. the dragunov while having a lower recoil and mostly the same damage won't kill with a single shot if you hit below the chest area, or lets say if you hit a leg. and this is where it shows the better side of it - the follow up shot. it has a recoil, only not as big as the barret and you can have a good second shot if the first doesn't cut it. the barret makes life difficult in that area.
not to the 2 submachine guns that are under used - scorpion and the mini uzi. scorpion is underused because it's seen as a pea shooter with a small clip. and if it weren't for it's sniping accuracy it wouldn't be used at all. now the mini uzi has a big spread, but trust me - with a silencer this gun is a killer. so why not use it? almost all of other subs are more accurate, p90 has a bigger clip, and mp5 is easier to control and can be sued for longer distances. oh and the mp5 is the first sub so ppl get used to it.

now with all this being said there is just one thing left to be said about akimbo - there will always be someoen who will ***** about it and someone who will use it
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding?   Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:43 am

dude, i love last stand. i can usually get a kill
my bro had a 5 kill streak yesterday whilst in last stand. i fuckimng love it. its the last way to get back at douchebag opponents
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding?   Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:48 am

then i just fail in it. and fail to get ppl so desired revenge kill. speaking on those i usually just chuck a nade or go for the bastard right off. actually just now i came out of a game. had a 39 - 9. i friggin hate when ppl are lvl 55 and use marty. seems so unprofessional
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding?   Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:19 pm

If you use martydom you must have a uterus
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding?   Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:43 pm

Anybody who doesn't use last stand is an idiot. When I play TDM with friends we all use it and it annoys the hell out the other team, because even if we can't revive our fallen comrade, he'll at least kill the fool who shot him. It just makes it easier to win, though still requires a bit of skill to use effectively.

I also hate people who use bouncing betties (WaW). It's a cheap kill that takes no skill. I hate getting like a 15 kill streak and then forgetting to check a staircase and having my legs blown off, it pisses me off.

Last edited by Dies Irae on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding?   Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:47 pm

Last stand is annoying when you shoot someone down, then someone beside you takes the kill as you reload
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding?   Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:55 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
Last stand is annoying when you shoot someone down, then someone beside you takes the kill as you reload

yes, that is very annoying
i found that at the proper distance when someone is in last stand, and you dont have time to reload or switch, take a running leap and on the way down, knife. that works half of the time
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding?   Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:57 pm

They should add Jedi's in the game for a maximum gameplay experience
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding?   Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 4:19 am

i don't get you guys. after a 15 killstreak i'm actually happy to die. at least i get a chance to call in the chopper and build another killstreak that's gonna help cripple the other team. and so far i've been killed only once by last stand. and even that was a stray bullet in hard core. usually i just knife the bastards so save the ammo. maybe it works lousy since i play on big servers where you have to watch your six all the friggin' time, but in my experience it's just a way to make kill steals easier
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding?   Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:54 am

Yeah its nerve wracking when youre doing too well
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding?   Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:16 pm

ehhh, i dont GET killed by last stand too often....but then again i have taken a 4 month hiatus on the game
Back to top Go down
MarshallEMG
True Gentleman
MarshallEMG

Number of posts : 1619
Hedonistic Glory : 7303
Joined In : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding?   Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 6:46 pm

I only use last stand if i have a deagle.. pointless otherwise
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding?   Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:33 am

I was level 31 I think when my live ran out
Back to top Go down
Tom_Sawyer
Lord 'o Lava Lamps
Tom_Sawyer

Number of posts : 557
Hedonistic Glory : 6237
Joined In : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding?   Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:36 am

after a while the little queermos using dual Deagles with there modded controllers are going to piss me off so much that im just going to shut my game off completely.

then the only reason ill turn it on will be to play uno.
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/e_money05
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding?   Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modern Warfare 2 has... Duel Wielding?
Page 1 of 1