Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Project

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18463
Joined In : 2009-01-21

Project Empty
PostSubject: Project   Project I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:16 am

Well, since the search for a band is going nowhere, I've decided to start working on material myself and make a little solo project. I'm working on my first demo now, and the style is going to be a mixture of melodic metal and folk/viking metal. But, the catch is I don't have access to drums or any decent recording equipment, so it's all going to be solo guitar. I found this online drum machine that I have been toying with, but I don't know if I can make it work with audacity. I tell you, trying to produce a song with this kind of equipment is quite a challenge. So far, this is going to be the track list for my solo demo. It's going to be a good mixture of covers and original material

1.) Wanderer (Ensiferum Cover)
This track I've already shown you, but I'm completely re-recording it. I'm going to go much slower this time, the recording I showed you all was done in only 1 night, like 4 hours.

2.) Eternal End
This is my first original song. It has about a minute and a half light intro. It would be nice on an acoustic guitar, but I don't have one. So the intro is done on clean channel with zero bass and mid, and full treble. Then it goes into a roughly two minute folk metal style. I'm putting a lot of work into the writing process, and there should be at least 3 guitar tracks by the time I'm done.

3.) Burnin' For You (Blue Oyster Cult Cover)
This track is going to be a death metal remix, only I'm not sure how it's going to sound without drums. On this track especially I'd like to be able to at least get a drum machine part down, but syncing the guitar and the drums is very difficult when you're not doing it yourself. I also have access to a bass guitar, so this song might actually turn out to be a full band instrumental, minus vocals. I don't have enough courage to lay down my own lol

4.) Breaking the Law (Judas Priest Cover)
This song is really out there, I'll warn you now. It's going to be done on clean channel, so it gives it an acoustic feel. It's pretty much going to be Judas Priest acoustic, in a folk metal style. This is turning out to be really hard so it has the highest possibility of being trashed.

5.) Untitled Track
A medium length (2 - 4 minutes) track that is going to be all light. No heavy guitar at all. I haven't started work on this one yet, but I'm brainstorming some ideas.

so this is what I'm going to be working on over the next few weeks. Hopefully I can get some decent material and actually have a demo ready.

Here is a super quick demo for Eternal End's intro that I recorded for you guys. It's going to sound better when I'm done, but I wanted to give you guys a taste of what I'm doing.

http://rapidshare.com/files/265686677/Axe_-_Eternal_End.mp3.html
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27759
Joined In : 2008-08-28

Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project   Project I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 3:08 am

Good luck and persevere
I will listen to that tomorrow
Back to top Go down

Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project   Project I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:25 pm

Sounds good dude ..I dig the hell out of it ..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project   Project I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project
Page 1 of 1