Tip of the Hat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trouble...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 12192
Joined In : 2009-02-18

Trouble... Empty
PostSubject: Trouble...   Trouble... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:12 pm

Well on Saturday I left on a bus to go to Las Vegas to visit my grandma and great grandma with my mom. While I was down there I started becoming very uncomfortable between constipation, my urinary tube injury, and nothing to do. Typically I would pace around for a couple hours and then sit for a couple hours, and cycle between those two things until night came. On Monday we decided we would take the bus ride at mid-night to come back so I could better take care of myself. My mom started crying for the third time we were there and I did my best to console her, whatever it was that was troubling her, and then it became clear that I wasn't the one with problems.

I don't know how this all started but I know my mom has gone through a lot of medical issues. She got bit by a baby rabbit and the whole left side of her body became paralyzed, including the intestines etc. They had to take out a small piece of her brain because I believe it was lesion. This and lots of other stuff, the point being that she has had a lot of run-ins with medical issues and doctors etc. Apparently for four years she has had a Demerol addiction, only it's worse. She doesn't take it orally. She takes it through her veins but then she said something about how it could be fatal if an infection goes through her heart so she has started putting it through her muscles which breaks them down.

Demerol is a powerful painkiller that can be given out for medical purposes from a doctor. My mom says the addiction is basically the same as a heroin addiction and that physical withdrawals can last for around a week while the mental craving lasts forever. She also has some kind of a Zantec addiction which she has to take in order to not have seizures but I have a feeling she is taking more than she is supposed to. As far as I know that seems to be the secondary issue though.

Anyways I don't really know what to do. I'd like to talk to someone who has gone through a similar addiction and overcame it to see what their opinion is. Rehab would be pure torture but maybe for the greater good. All she really wants is to be around to see me but the addiction is extremely powerful.

I don't really know what I can do really. The whole thing is very sad. I'll talk to her some here and there. It would be helpful to talk to someone who has gone through an addiction like her's and see what their thoughts on quitting are. I don't know.
Back to top Go down

Trouble... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble...   Trouble... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:31 pm

What about going to a psycologist? Do you think she'll do it? 'cause maybe she needs to talk, I dont think there's too much you can do, maybe look for forums or specialized sites, but i do think going to a psycologist is a valid idea, my mom went through some hardcore depression a few months ago and it helped her a lot.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Trouble... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble...   Trouble... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:58 pm

Well I think the only real medical thing that can be done about something like this is basically lock the person up and taper them off of the drug until the worst withdrawals are through and then try to put them through counseling to prevent it from happening again. A psychologist would be able to talk to my mom and maybe encourage her to quit. I don't see it being very effective but I don't think it'd be harmful at all either. The only problem is that she would be forced to release this information to a professional and if she is willing to do that then she is willing to go the whole nine yards so to speak.
Back to top Go down

Trouble... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble...   Trouble... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:00 pm

Wow, but rehab sounds so extreme you know? maybe she needs it but it's just hard to believe that something like that could happen to someone so close to you.. you know?
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27759
Joined In : 2008-08-28

Trouble... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble...   Trouble... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Oh my god! Who would have thought the symbol of innocence could cause so much damage! I have no idea what it is like to have that kind of addiction. But I hope sincerely that you and your family can get through these terrible turn of events.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Trouble... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble...   Trouble... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:30 pm

AeldraAvitus wrote:
Wow, but rehab sounds so extreme you know? maybe she needs it but it's just hard to believe that something like that could happen to someone so close to you.. you know?

Rehab would be extremely difficult. If she was willing to go through it I would support her but I would never force her to do something like that.

breakyoudown wrote:
Oh my god! Who would have thought the symbol of innocence could cause so much damage! I have no idea what it is like to have that kind of addiction. But I hope sincerely that you and your family can get through these terrible turn of events.

Thanks BYD. Not many people know though. I was surprised she kept it from me all this time because I never thought she kept anything from me.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
breakyoudown

Number of posts : 27756
Hedonistic Glory : 27759
Joined In : 2008-08-28

Trouble... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble...   Trouble... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:41 pm

How old is she?
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Trouble... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble...   Trouble... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:44 pm

She is 35 years old. She looks pretty young though. Most people mistake me for her brother.
Back to top Go down

Trouble... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble...   Trouble... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:51 pm

Wow she's really young. Talk to her about the options. Im sorry i cant help Sad
Back to top Go down

Trouble... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble...   Trouble... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:58 pm

Brother im so sorry to hear and if you ever need someone to talk to let me know and you have me . Now about addiction , My step brother had a addiction to meth , I know meth is alot different than pain killers but my step sister and myself helped him clean up , It took 9 days for him to go cold turkey but he can drive by a house and tell you if there making or useing meth . He still has the want to stay clean but the draw of meth is hard on him , The best thing you can do is be there for your mom , Never judge but be her son and her friend , Just give her your time , hope and pray for her . I wish you and your mother the best and remember if you need a friend im here .
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Trouble... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble...   Trouble... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 2:45 am

Thanks Hate. It helps a lot. I'm going to just try to talk to her and make sure she's doing okay and do whatever I can if something is troubling her.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Axe

Number of posts : 11611
Hedonistic Glory : 18463
Joined In : 2009-01-21

Trouble... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble...   Trouble... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:25 am

Dude, I'm so sorry. I've had my share of problems in life, both myself and with my family, but I am lucky enough to have not had to deal with addictions, other than cigarettes. I wish I could say something or help somehow, I just know how it feels to worry about a close family member. I'm here to talk whenever brother, don't hesitate to ask if you need anything
Back to top Go down

Trouble... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble...   Trouble... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:34 am

VR be there for her. it's a lot of s*** and it is going on fast, but she can pull it off. just be there for her
Back to top Go down
QueenOfHate
A Good Fellow
QueenOfHate

Number of posts : 47
Hedonistic Glory : 5497
Joined In : 2009-06-23

Trouble... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble...   Trouble... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:44 pm

styx wrote:
VR be there for her. it's a lot of s*** and it is going on fast, but she can pull it off. just be there for her
Im Proud Of You Matej .
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Brute

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 17334
Joined In : 2008-10-13

Trouble... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble...   Trouble... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 3:30 am

[quote="VacuousReality"]
AeldraAvitus wrote:

thats the scary part. other people can lie to me all the time, but if i found out my parents were lieing blatantly.....wow. just wow.

i recently heard a statistic that 12 step programs are very ineffective. i think rehabilitation has a much higher success rate. try looking into that.

oh, and now i understand the attraction to the whole black metal thing. you have my apologies.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com

Trouble... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble...   Trouble... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:50 am

VacuousReality wrote:
Thanks Hate. It helps a lot. I'm going to just try to talk to her and make sure she's doing okay and do whatever I can if something is troubling her.
Stay strong for her brother , Its the best thing you can do for her right now , Remember if you need a friend im here day or night . myself or kim is alwas on yahoo messenger so if you need a friend im here !
Back to top Go down

Trouble... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble...   Trouble... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 2:46 am

AeldraAvitus wrote:
Im older than her , That sucks for me ... DAMN IM OLD ! facepalm
Back to top Go down

Trouble... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble...   Trouble... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:26 pm

hateyou1st wrote:
AeldraAvitus wrote:

Hahahaha dont worry hate, you are just like wine!
Back to top Go down

Trouble... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble...   Trouble... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 11:01 pm

AeldraAvitus wrote:
hateyou1st wrote:
AeldraAvitus wrote:

Hahahaha dont worry hate, you are just like wine!
ahhhh that was so nice .. lol + rep death metal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trouble... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble...   Trouble... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trouble...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Preposterous Palaver and Infinite Jest-
Jump to: